Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Anything I need to do for using my 700w with Metro PCS (I used Verizon before). I know that Metro PCS will flash your phone for $30 to use with their service. Can I flash it myself, anybody know?
    Last edited by porto35; 08/02/2008 at 02:20 AM.
    I asked them before about this. The sales guy said they don't allow any phone other than the ones they sell to be used for their network. And their top of the line phone is the Razor.

Maybe some other dealers are more enterprising since they offer to flash your phone. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I believe that Metro PCS will flash your phone for $30 so you can use their services since June 2008.
    http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/wi...-handsets.html
    I have checked with Metro PCS and it is true but not for all of CDMA phone. I just want to know anybody having Metro PCS flash file for treo?
    You'd need the radio firmware for Metro PC. Call them up and see if they have one for the 700wx. You're unlikely to get an answer otherwise.
    hi every one i got a alltel treo 700 wx that i wan to take to metro pcs. i called them and they said that i could use my phone with them. but i want to know if i by a gps receiver can i download google map and will the receiver pin point where i am?? if u can answer my?? please email me at jamariosneed@yahoo.com. thank you.
    You can make the Treo 700W work with Metropcs however getting your phones esn into Metropcs' inventory will not be possible because Metropcs corporate stores need to use a software called houdini to add the esn into the inventory and they arent going to add PDA phones. If you do get the esn into the inventory you can just upload the Metropcs PRL file to the phone with a serial cable, and program the NAM and you'll have voice calls and texting working. There would be more tweaking that can be done to get wap and mms working.
    read up on how people get this phone to work with cricket because it is very similar.
    ok i been to all the forums and looked for ever to get my palm treo on metro
    heres how its done (mine now working ) first you have to have a phone on metro i had a nokia with internet what the person did for a cost of $75.00
    was clone the ser# of my nokia in the palm now both phones ring when i get a call so i pulled the batter off the nokia so the system only sees the palm
    then they went in to net work settings and set up the phone for metro
    i now have a palm 755p with internet only thing that dont work is i can not
    send photos to other phones but i can live with that i even set up my phone with palms mail and get gmail right to the phone the guy at metro store told me this could not be done and if i ever got it done the internet would not work he was suprised when i showed him all worked i did not give him my number or account info just to make sure my phone did not get flaged metros system sees my phone as a nokia so everything works now the the question comes up legal or not well i do pay for the service and i only have one phone on the system and im paying for it so theres no fraud i guess you decide
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I am very sure that someone know how to flash the phone to use with Metro PCS, they advetise it in Florida. I already contact Metro PCS and they have not flashed Treo yet? I believe that they Houdini flashing software and Houdini does not support Treo until now. I want to rflashing my Treo but do not want to clone my ESN (the above thread). Anybody?
    700wx can change ESN into a metropcs esn. see the mobile files forum thread. its a little bit different.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    700wx can change ESN into a metropcs esn. see the mobile files forum thread. its a little bit different.
    Kocoman,
    I really appreciate it if you could give me more details about this. I am very familiar with flashing GSM Treo phone but so ***** with CDMA phone. Please help.
    Do I have to have the account open with Metro PCS the flash my Treo with Metro PCS ESN?
    Which link you can refer me to for learning flashing procedures? Thanks
    I would like to know this also, got a 700wx i want to get on metropcs.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Notice the NO PM'S, he's just a show-off...

Here is the instructions he posted elsewhere...

Clone the Virgin ESN into the Treo using my method.

In the USA, the AKEY is used I think. So you have to do the *228. If it doesn't work, you have to call Customer service and tell them you can't use your phone, they would do something and tell you to do the *228 again.
    If you can receive/send calls fine then don't need to worry about AKEY.
    Also EVDO doesn't work unless I figure out how to edit the settings for the AAA RADIUS server thinggy.

How to make treo to run on other network by ESN repair
    Perquisites:

1. Treo 700P handset
    2. USB data cable
    3. MTTY 1.42
    4. Treo 650 boot loader driver
    5. SD / MMC card. Do not use Mini / Micro SD with adaptor as mentioned on palm site. I dont know. I used MMC card.
    6. Resco explorer to copy files from ROM to SD card.
    7. CDMA updater program files

Attached RAR file contains:

1. Drivers
    2. MTTY 1.42
    3. Resco explorer
    4. CDMA updater (Attached for sprint, I tested same file from verizon on my sprint phone and it works so this file must work on verizon too.)

How to do it:

1. Insert you SD card in to treo, treo will automatically create file system. Where you will see following folder tree Palm -> Launcher, all .prc files or programmes are to be copied in launcher folder. Alternatively you can hotsync these two file to your device too. If you choose hot syncing, remember to uninstall hotsync and reboot your computer, else your phone may not be detected

2. Copy CDMA updater .prc program file and *_en*.oprc language files to launcher folder of memory card.

3. Launch CDMAFirmwareUpdater.prc after a while, white screen, it will lauch, press butten similar to right click, it is bottom right button, next to ALT key, select debug, select Backup NV option, unselect all other options. and run UPDATE now.

4. After some time it will say that backup sucessful etc.

5. Launch Resco explorer, go to Drive Named RAM0 and find CDMA NV BACKUP.PDB, copy it to SD card.

6. Download file to your computer.

Here is next step to write ESN to back up file and its very important.

1. Open file with any hex editor, in my phone back up I found important data at following address:

SPC: If you want your phone to programmed by *228, then this is important code: 0000F770
    MSL, this code is used to access phone nam programming: 0000F670
    ESN: Esn found 3 locations, I dont know why, but when I made mistake on one location, phone kept on rebooting when I entered ##MSL# code. SO I changed ESN at all locations. ESN is in reverse

1: 0000CF00
    2. 0000CFA0
    3. 0000EA40

Copy modified file to Memory card.

Once you update all this, means you have prepared necessary stuff to repair SN on handset.

Then

1. Install bootloader driver.

2. Connect your handset to PC with USB cable. Press button on hotsync cable for a while, Once you get message that palm hot sync detected, dial ##UPST# and phone will be in boot loader mode.

3. Your computer will detect USBSYNC hardware.

4. Launch MTTY 1.42, select USB port and start.

5. Once connected type

cdmar bl usb

It will answer:
    +CDMARouterCommnad...CDMA Mode = bl, PC Port = usb, CDMA Uart Speed = 115200

Type: nverase
    Answer: Identify INTEL Combo Flash !

Identify INTEL Combo Flash !

Erase NV Item Data Done!

CDMA DBG>

Now done, Reboot phone, by disconnecting and removing battery.

Once phone is rebooted:

Insert memory card.
    Launch Resco explorer
    Copy back file from memory card to RAM0, when asked, overwrite existing file.
    Lauch CDMA updater, and select debug, uncheck all option except restore NV.
    Check and verify MSL by dialing ##MSLCODE# and ESN in phone -> option -> phone info.

Once NV back up is restored, you are done, you have NEW SN, SPC and MSL on handset. you can dial *228 to activate or PRL update as supported by your operator.

If you have MIN available with you then:

dial ##MSL# and edit Mobile number to your MIN and MSID to your MIN.

dial ##data# and select advance

Options Required:

1. Vocoder EVRC=1 (Most digital network support EVRC)
    2. Home NID: Your operators NID code
    Home NID: Your operators SID code
    MCC: Your contry code
    MNC: Your mobile network code

shadowmite(dot)com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2293
    Last edited by m4f1050; 10/02/2008 at 10:24 AM.
    I want to know how to do what u did step by step. Can u show me please. I have a metro pcs phone and a treo 700w. Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by harleywiz View Post
    heres how its done (mine now working ) first you have to have a phone on metro i had a nokia with internet what the person did for a cost of $75.00
    was clone the ser# of my nokia in the palm now both phones ring when i get a call so i pulled the batter off the nokia so the system only sees the palm
    send photos to other phones but i can live with that i even set up my phone with palms mail and get gmail right to the phone the guy at metro store told me this could not be done and if i ever got it done the internet would not work he was suprised when i showed him all worked i did not give him my number or account info just to make sure my phone did not get flaged metros system sees my phone as a nokia so everything works now the the question comes up legal or not well i do pay for the service and i only have one phone on the system and im paying for it so theres no fraud i guess you decide
    Ok so to make sure im following you........
    Step one: have a phone and active plan with metro pcs

Step two: have someone clone the serial number from the metro phone to the palm (at this point if the number is dial they should both ring)

Step three: take the battery out of the original metro phone so that the palm is the only one showing in the system.

Step four: have someone go into the net work settings and set up the phone for metro...

if anyone is able to help me with this or point me into someone's direction im willing to send a payment via paypal.
    Quote Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
    Notice the NO PM'S, he's just a show-off...

Here is the instructions he posted elsewhere...
    People can still email me with questions at mylover01ca at gmail. I just don't like checking PM on every board I go to. I check email more often because I use snappermail, and also with my palm I can't go onto forums with opera mini to reply/check messages, thats why I disable it. Hope you understand the inconvenience.

Also I can only help with networks in Canada, no idea about USA.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Hello everyone

Well, I have a MetroPCS account with a Motorola phone and I wish the possibility to transfer this to a inactive Sprint Treo 700 wx. Is that possible?
    I'm a complete moron on phone programming and I really want transfer my account to this Treo. MetroPCS and Houdini aren't capable to do the flash for smartphones... I have tried every store in Orlando/FL (including the Corporate Store) and nothing!

So... is possible to change the ESN and all the other information from the motorola to the treo and make it work?

I really appreciate anybody time and attention on that mater.

Thanks
    Post 12 has your answer:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=12

If you don't feel comfortable with that level of instructions (which is actually extremely in depth), then you should not be doing it.

Note that ESN swapping is borderline illegal.
    Clone the Virgin ESN into the Treo using my method.
    ssoo im guessing it will still work from VZW to Metro? this was made for sprint to Virgin....

by any chance does anyone know somewhere in south fl i can bring my 700wx to get it over to metro?...im thinking the flea market i hear they did it for other fones there..
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    have you find you ans
    Quote Originally Posted by harleywiz View Post
    Please contact me if you have a moment, I'd like to know if you can set me up with the person that got your treo to work for you. I'm having absolutely no luck!!!!
    407 936 4304 or va.montes at yahoo.com
    Thanks!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast