1.    #1  
    Just noticed that on brighthand.com, where they keep a running tab of most popular pda/smartphones, the Treo 800w isn't even on the list, and it's 15 smartphones long.

That's hard to believe. The Palm TX is even more popular.

I'd put the Treo 800w right up there with the Blackberry curve and iphone.

Edit: clicking through reveals that it's #16. Still shockingly low.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    It is relatively new.
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    Just noticed that on brighthand.com, where they keep a running tab of most popular pda/smartphones, the Treo 800w isn't even on the list, and it's 15 smartphones long.

That's hard to believe. The Palm TX is even more popular.

I'd put the Treo 800w right up there with the Blackberry curve and iphone.

Edit: clicking through reveals that it's #16. Still shockingly low.
    It is based on "the most viewed Mobile Devices based on Brighthand.com product views data." not the sales.
  4.    #4  
    Newness is not the explanation because the HTC Diamond isn't even out yet, but it's near the top.

# of views I interpret as interest in the phone, which generally should correlate well with sales. If a phone isn't even worth a simple click to look at online, then it's not likely to sell well.
    # of views I interpret as interest in the phone, which generally should correlate well with sales. If a phone isn't even worth a simple click to look at online, then it's not likely to sell well.
    Remember that the 800w is designed for business users primarily.

How many of them do you think are surfing Brighthand?

How many geeks do you think are on there looking at the Touch Diamond?

It's an entirely different market. It'd be like doing the same tracking on TreoCentral and then wondering why only Treo's are ranked so high.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Newness is not the explanation because the HTC Diamond isn't even out yet, but it's near the top.

Thanks, I wasn't too sure how the rankings worked. I never clicked on the link, so I did not see the list.
    Actually the Diamond has been out a while http://www.google.com/products?q=htc+diamond&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title
    Yup, been out for months. Just that US of A is getting them late as usual because of your unique network frequency against the rest of the world.