1.    #1  
    I thought I was fortunate to use my chargers, thinking they were all micro USB. Unfortunately, after closely inspecting them, I realized they were mini USB. Instead of buying several Micro USB chargers, I opted getting a simple adapter, the Motorola SKN6252. This has a little cable, so I plan to attach it to my regular mini USB chargers. I can then switch between charging a mini USB device or micro USB device. It's cheap, runs about $2-$5.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Have you tried this? did it actually work? would it work for audio?

I have several mini USB items left over from my mogul, that i'd like to be able to integrate into 800W-land.

thanks K--
  3.    #3  
    They just came in. I ordered 4 of them. I have a Jabra wall outlet with a MiniUSB and used the adapter. It seemed to charge, but the green light was not on. I'll try it again later to test. I do have a USB-MiniUSB cable and used the adapter, which worked well. As far as the wall chargers, I believe it may have to be the amp/watts or whatever the wall charger puts out that may not be enough for the 800w. I remember reading a thread somewhere here on it.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    The motorolla miniUSB chargers are 5.0v/550mA if you needed to know.
  5.    #5  
    These adapters work well with OEM Motorola Mini USB chargers. I have tons of the Motorola Mini USB chargers at home. The SKN6252 seems to charge my 800w, I heard the tone and I see the red light on. I tried the Motorola SKN6252 on a Jabra charger (Mini USB) and although I heard the charging tone, I don't see the red light on signifying that it's being charged.

The SKN6252 works well with those USB to Mini USB Sync/Charging cables. I use them all the time.

I'm afraid I might fry my Jabra BT headsets, since they use mini USB, but probably, a lower voltage/mAh than the Motorola mini USB.

EDIT:
    I bought mine here...
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 08/12/2008 at 08:27 PM.
    I got the same adaprors. They work fine with the motorola chargers and standard usb cables.
    FWIW, I picked up one of those little USB Mini to Micro adaptors at an ATT retail store today. It has the Motorola logo on it. It was $9.99 plus sales tax. I know it's cheaper on-line but "a bird in hand..." It is currently charging my 800W from a Motorola charger that came with my Car Bluetooth Speaker HandsFree. Seems to be working fine - the red light was on for a while and it just switched to green.

Also, they had a micro USB data cable - like the one that came with the 800W in the box, but shorter. It was marked $24.99. I figured I'd grab that too as a spare and to keep with my laptop for travelling. Surprisingly, it rang up as $5.00. YMMV, but quite a bargain at $5.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    folks
    I bought one from Amazon.
    I used USB mini charger for HTC Touch to charge my 800W.
    No red light no green light.
    Any ideas why ?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Yes, because the pinouts are slightly altered for charging-only cables, the same way Motorola does for some of their phones. Do a search here for "discount cell", I believe is the correct name...or search for threads with my username because I had the same issue and folks here helped me out. I now use a charging-only cable (Moto V9, it says) with *any* standard USB charging device (Versacharger Pro, AA pack from Boxwave, etc.) and they all work perfectly. But you need the correct cable.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    thanks haus,
    will search for the posts.
    At this point its rather annoying that the adapter wouldn't work with PALM OEM charger.
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    any clear solution on how to use existing mini USB charger with micro USB adapter ?