Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Well, its been 1 week since I switched over to the 800W from the 755P. And I have to say over all I'm very happy. The 800W is really nice phone, I personally love the size and the weight, its not to lite and its not to heavy. Its not to small and its not to big, to me its perfect. I wouldn't want it any smaller, it would be harder to use it one handedly. Its operated with out any hick-ups at all. And switching over to WM was very easy, no problems at all, all contacts and appointments switched very easily with outlook. This is a great community and I appreciate all the help that people have shared and given. Here's my little review of the 800W after a week with it....

    Battery: Well, it could be a little better. But, I love the size of the device and if I have to give up some battery, then so be it. I will. If they could fix it, and keep the size, that would be great. Overall, from my 755P in a normal day I would have about 50%-75% charge left. On the 800W, I'll have 40%-50% charge left.

    Screen: Well, my 700P and 755P screens are brighter then the 800W with out a doubt. However, I understand why the brightness is lower. Other then that, the screen is fine. It could be a little brighter, but if it was, would that cost battery power ? It might or might not, I'm sure in time, we will know after someone comes up with a hack or a program to address that problem.

    Form Factor: I LOVE THE FORM FACTOR !!! It feels solid, very nice build quality. Just the right amount of weight. Perfect to me...

    Sound Quality: The 800W does have lower sound then the 755P when on max. Why, I'm not sure, but I hope there will be a hack or program to address that as well. Other then the volume, the sound is very clear, everyone I talked to heard me clear. I used the speaker phone for about an hr or so and the person on the other end didn't know I was on one. The 650, 700p both had some problems with sound too, as far as it being loud. Volume Care was used by a lot of people to address that problem. The 755, to me didnít have that problem. It was plenty loud on its on.

    Keyboard: To me, the keyboard is fine. I can type it on with out problem. It really does not feel that different from the 700 or 755. Keys seem to be a little wider, just a tad.. And I have some big handsÖ

    Bluetooth: WOW...... Its great, love the A2DP. Pairs quick, and the reception is great. I can have the phone on either side of me and will not have any static or anything. Distance is great as well. Sound is ok, I wish it was a tad louder, but thatís about it. I know some are not happy with not having BT Voice command, but to me, this was not an issue. I can understand why some would want it, but again, Iím sure this will be fixed or an app will be out to address it.

    Programs: Well, coming from the 755P, I was able for the most part to get some of the apps over to the 800W with the help of Style Tap. The others Iím looking for the WM version of.. Now I know some people are not happy that some of the apps are not rendering correctly on the 800W, but Iím sure that will be fixed very soon. I remember reading about people wanting the 320 x 320 and now that it has it, people are complaining that the apps arenít working right. Give it time. Just hold on. I remember when the 755 first came out, there were a few programs that didnít work right off the bat. 1 of the was Butler, it caused the LED to blink by itself for no reason.

    GPS: Well damnÖ It works great.. Iíve used it with Google Maps, with my location. And Iíve used it with Sprint Navigation. Both are great programs. The other day I tried out the Sprint Nav, and with my BT earpiece on, it gave me turn by turn directions right in my earpiece. Also, something that I thought was cool, when you want to get directions some where, you have the option of either typing it in, or speaking it. If you chose to speak it, it dials a # and you say the address of where you want to go, when you finish it automatically puts the address in and your ready to go. While your driving, it will automatically check for traffic updates as well. Very cool program. Iím very happy with the GPS on here. I also played with Live Search, and itís a pretty cool program as well. I really like the Voice Recognition, it worked remarkably well. Again, the GPS worked great, with no problems.

    Performance: The performance is great, it runs apps quick, and there are no hang-ups. Its very fast, and very little lag if any. No rests, No lockups. It just works, it does what its supposed to do without fail.

    Email: I love it, Iíve always had problems with this in the past since I have Hotmail, but Iíll be damn if when I got the 800 and logged in toe Windows live and set up my email, and its been working non-stop every since. No problems. Not only that, I love that it looks just like it would if I was in front of my laptop, I get attachments without any problem. For those of you that have Onstar, they send you an update every month on your vehicle diagnostics. For instance, air pressure in tires, oil life, any sensors thrown, etcÖ Well, Iíve never been able to view the email without having to use my laptop, and it came the other day, and I was able to view it right on my 800w, without issue.

    Iím sure there are things that I left out, but overall, this is a damn good phone. No itís not a huge step forward or some revolutionary device that will destroy all others, itís a TREO. And it does what I want it to do, very nicely. If someone is serious about swapping over, try it. Get one, read up on the forum and do your homework. Most will be very surprised by it. And others just wonít be happy at all.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Well, its been 1 week since I switched over to the 800W from the 755P. And I have to say over all I'm very happy. The 800W is really nice phone, I personally love the size and the weight, its not to lite and its not to heavy. Its not to small and its not to big, to me its perfect. I wouldn't want it any smaller, it would be harder to use it one handedly. Its operated with out any hick-ups at all. And switching over to WM was very easy, no problems at all, all contacts and appointments switched very easily with outlook. This is a great community and I appreciate all the help that people have shared and given. Here's my little review of the 800W after a week with it....

    Battery: Well, it could be a little better. But, I love the size of the device and if I have to give up some battery, then so be it. I will. If they could fix it, and keep the size, that would be great. Overall, from my 755P in a normal day I would have about 50%-75% charge left. On the 800W, I'll have 40%-50% charge left.

    Screen: Well, my 700P and 755P screens are brighter then the 800W with out a doubt. However, I understand why the brightness is lower. Other then that, the screen is fine. It could be a little brighter, but if it was, would that cost battery power ? It might or might not, I'm sure in time, we will know after someone comes up with a hack or a program to address that problem.

    Form Factor: I LOVE THE FORM FACTOR !!! It feels solid, very nice build quality. Just the right amount of weight. Perfect to me...

    Sound Quality: The 800W does have lower sound then the 755P when on max. Why, I'm not sure, but I hope there will be a hack or program to address that as well. Other then the volume, the sound is very clear, everyone I talked to heard me clear. I used the speaker phone for about an hr or so and the person on the other end didn't know I was on one. The 650, 700p both had some problems with sound too, as far as it being loud. Volume Care was used by a lot of people to address that problem. The 755, to me didnít have that problem. It was plenty loud on its on.

    Keyboard: To me, the keyboard is fine. I can type it on with out problem. It really does not feel that different from the 700 or 755. Keys seem to be a little wider, just a tad.. And I have some big handsÖ

    Bluetooth: WOW...... Its great, love the A2DP. Pairs quick, and the reception is great. I can have the phone on either side of me and will not have any static or anything. Distance is great as well. Sound is ok, I wish it was a tad louder, but thatís about it. I know some are not happy with not having BT Voice command, but to me, this was not an issue. I can understand why some would want it, but again, Iím sure this will be fixed or an app will be out to address it.

    Programs: Well, coming from the 755P, I was able for the most part to get some of the apps over to the 800W with the help of Style Tap. The others Iím looking for the WM version of.. Now I know some people are not happy that some of the apps are not rendering correctly on the 800W, but Iím sure that will be fixed very soon. I remember reading about people wanting the 320 x 320 and now that it has it, people are complaining that the apps arenít working right. Give it time. Just hold on. I remember when the 755 first came out, there were a few programs that didnít work right off the bat. 1 of the was Butler, it caused the LED to blink by itself for no reason.

    GPS: Well damnÖ It works great.. Iíve used it with Google Maps, with my location. And Iíve used it with Sprint Navigation. Both are great programs. The other day I tried out the Sprint Nav, and with my BT earpiece on, it gave me turn by turn directions right in my earpiece. Also, something that I thought was cool, when you want to get directions some where, you have the option of either typing it in, or speaking it. If you chose to speak it, it dials a # and you say the address of where you want to go, when you finish it automatically puts the address in and your ready to go. While your driving, it will automatically check for traffic updates as well. Very cool program. Iím very happy with the GPS on here. I also played with Live Search, and itís a pretty cool program as well. I really like the Voice Recognition, it worked remarkably well. Again, the GPS worked great, with no problems.

    Performance: The performance is great, it runs apps quick, and there are no hang-ups. Its very fast, and very little lag if any. No rests, No lockups. It just works, it does what its supposed to do without fail.

    Email: I love it, Iíve always had problems with this in the past since I have Hotmail, but Iíll be damn if when I got the 800 and logged in toe Windows live and set up my email, and its been working non-stop every since. No problems. Not only that, I love that it looks just like it would if I was in front of my laptop, I get attachments without any problem. For those of you that have Onstar, they send you an update every month on your vehicle diagnostics. For instance, air pressure in tires, oil life, any sensors thrown, etcÖ Well, Iíve never been able to view the email without having to use my laptop, and it came the other day, and I was able to view it right on my 800w, without issue.

    Iím sure there are things that I left out, but overall, this is a damn good phone. No itís not a huge step forward or some revolutionary device that will destroy all others, itís a TREO. And it does what I want it to do, very nicely. If someone is serious about swapping over, try it. Get one, read up on the forum and do your homework. Most will be very surprised by it. And others just wonít be happy at all.
    Great review imho! You have made me lean towards this phone even more. I cant wait to try out the GPS on the Treo 800w when I get one. How do you like the camera on the 800w?
  3.    #3  
    Glad it was helpful, I'm really enjoying my 800... The camera isn't that bad, I never really used the camera on my 755 that much. Slight increase in picture quality.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy215 View Post
    Great review imho! You have made me lean towards this phone even more. I cant wait to try out the GPS on the Treo 800w when I get one. How do you like the camera on the 800w?
    Prodigy, I would not hesitate. There is no better WM smartphone out there currently. I'm sure of it. Don't think that you're going to be getting the perfect phone. You're just getting the most perfect one out of all of them right now. Given the low price, there's absolutely no reason to hesitate any more.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Well, its been 1 week since I switched over to the 800W from the 755P. And I have to say over all I'm very happy. The 800W is really nice phone, I personally love the size and the weight, its not to lite and its not to heavy. Its not to small and its not to big, to me its perfect. I wouldn't want it any smaller, it would be harder to use it one handedly. Its operated with out any hick-ups at all. And switching over to WM was very easy, no problems at all, all contacts and appointments switched very easily with outlook. This is a great community and I appreciate all the help that people have shared and given. Here's my little review of the 800W after a week with it....

    Battery: Well, it could be a little better. But, I love the size of the device and if I have to give up some battery, then so be it. I will. If they could fix it, and keep the size, that would be great. Overall, from my 755P in a normal day I would have about 50%-75% charge left. On the 800W, I'll have 40%-50% charge left.

    Screen: Well, my 700P and 755P screens are brighter then the 800W with out a doubt. However, I understand why the brightness is lower. Other then that, the screen is fine. It could be a little brighter, but if it was, would that cost battery power ? It might or might not, I'm sure in time, we will know after someone comes up with a hack or a program to address that problem.

    Form Factor: I LOVE THE FORM FACTOR !!! It feels solid, very nice build quality. Just the right amount of weight. Perfect to me...

    Sound Quality: The 800W does have lower sound then the 755P when on max. Why, I'm not sure, but I hope there will be a hack or program to address that as well. Other then the volume, the sound is very clear, everyone I talked to heard me clear. I used the speaker phone for about an hr or so and the person on the other end didn't know I was on one. The 650, 700p both had some problems with sound too, as far as it being loud. Volume Care was used by a lot of people to address that problem. The 755, to me didnít have that problem. It was plenty loud on its on.

    Keyboard: To me, the keyboard is fine. I can type it on with out problem. It really does not feel that different from the 700 or 755. Keys seem to be a little wider, just a tad.. And I have some big handsÖ

    Bluetooth: WOW...... Its great, love the A2DP. Pairs quick, and the reception is great. I can have the phone on either side of me and will not have any static or anything. Distance is great as well. Sound is ok, I wish it was a tad louder, but thatís about it. I know some are not happy with not having BT Voice command, but to me, this was not an issue. I can understand why some would want it, but again, Iím sure this will be fixed or an app will be out to address it.

    Programs: Well, coming from the 755P, I was able for the most part to get some of the apps over to the 800W with the help of Style Tap. The others Iím looking for the WM version of.. Now I know some people are not happy that some of the apps are not rendering correctly on the 800W, but Iím sure that will be fixed very soon. I remember reading about people wanting the 320 x 320 and now that it has it, people are complaining that the apps arenít working right. Give it time. Just hold on. I remember when the 755 first came out, there were a few programs that didnít work right off the bat. 1 of the was Butler, it caused the LED to blink by itself for no reason.

    GPS: Well damnÖ It works great.. Iíve used it with Google Maps, with my location. And Iíve used it with Sprint Navigation. Both are great programs. The other day I tried out the Sprint Nav, and with my BT earpiece on, it gave me turn by turn directions right in my earpiece. Also, something that I thought was cool, when you want to get directions some where, you have the option of either typing it in, or speaking it. If you chose to speak it, it dials a # and you say the address of where you want to go, when you finish it automatically puts the address in and your ready to go. While your driving, it will automatically check for traffic updates as well. Very cool program. Iím very happy with the GPS on here. I also played with Live Search, and itís a pretty cool program as well. I really like the Voice Recognition, it worked remarkably well. Again, the GPS worked great, with no problems.

    Performance: The performance is great, it runs apps quick, and there are no hang-ups. Its very fast, and very little lag if any. No rests, No lockups. It just works, it does what its supposed to do without fail.

    Email: I love it, Iíve always had problems with this in the past since I have Hotmail, but Iíll be damn if when I got the 800 and logged in toe Windows live and set up my email, and its been working non-stop every since. No problems. Not only that, I love that it looks just like it would if I was in front of my laptop, I get attachments without any problem. For those of you that have Onstar, they send you an update every month on your vehicle diagnostics. For instance, air pressure in tires, oil life, any sensors thrown, etcÖ Well, Iíve never been able to view the email without having to use my laptop, and it came the other day, and I was able to view it right on my 800w, without issue.

    Iím sure there are things that I left out, but overall, this is a damn good phone. No itís not a huge step forward or some revolutionary device that will destroy all others, itís a TREO. And it does what I want it to do, very nicely. If someone is serious about swapping over, try it. Get one, read up on the forum and do your homework. Most will be very surprised by it. And others just wonít be happy at all.

    I hate your review.... now I want this phone....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  6. jbinbi's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    #6  
    Bigchris_ great job! As someone with a 650, I was interested in hearing about the transition. This just made waiting till vzw gets it more painful;-)
  7. #7  
    Does the camera geotag the photos like the new iPhone?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2 View Post
    Does the camera geotag the photos like the new iPhone?
    Not natively but there are some third party apps out there that claim they do. Look for a program called GPS today and its companion GeoTerrestrial GeoTagger.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    I hate your review.... now I want this phone....
    You'll love this phone, now stop hating and go get it, lol
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
    Bigchris_ great job! As someone with a 650, I was interested in hearing about the transition. This just made waiting till vzw gets it more painful;-)
    Thanks, I loved my 650 when I got it, but the Treo has really evolved into a great phone since the 650. The 800 is really great device.. Very nice.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2 View Post
    Does the camera geotag the photos like the new iPhone?
    Not sure about this as I rarely use the camera. However weisshb has commented about it a few post up.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  12. ywenz's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    #12  
    I was a 755P user as well.. the only question now is - Is there a software that can allow me to use the secondary key without having to hold it down? I want to do a double hit like on the Palm OS..
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ywenz View Post
    I was a 755P user as well.. the only question now is - Is there a software that can allow me to use the secondary key without having to hold it down? I want to do a double hit like on the Palm OS..
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean ?
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  14. #14  
    Dang Chris, I'm in the same boat as the poster above. Now, I'm going to have to consider this phone seriously and I was happy with my 755p

    The GPS and Wifi are probably the two biggest upgrades I'm interested in. My concern was how different WM would be from POS.

    Rick
  15. ywenz's Avatar
    Posts
    78 Posts
    Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    #15  
    BigChris: The Option Key... when you tap on it then tap on mail, it brings up SMS messaging. But on the 800W, you have to hold down the option key.. you can't do 2 seperate taps..
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ywenz View Post
    BigChris: The Option Key... when you tap on it then tap on mail, it brings up SMS messaging. But on the 800W, you have to hold down the option key.. you can't do 2 seperate taps..
    Oh yeah, now I know what you mean. I do wish that was different.. I wonder why they did it that way....
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    Dang Chris, I'm in the same boat as the poster above. Now, I'm going to have to consider this phone seriously and I was happy with my 755p

    The GPS and Wifi are probably the two biggest upgrades I'm interested in. My concern was how different WM would be from POS.

    Rick
    It was funny... earlier tonight I was reading some email that I'd been waiting on... the guy sent it as html... I was thinking if I had ordered the 800w, I'd be able to read it easier. This phone has a lot of hardware and software improvements for many to love....

    Not to mention I could funnel all my emails to a hotmail account and they get pushed to my device (although a "real" exchange account would make more sense in my case).
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    Dang Chris, I'm in the same boat as the poster above. Now, I'm going to have to consider this phone seriously and I was happy with my 755p

    The GPS and Wifi are probably the two biggest upgrades I'm interested in. My concern was how different WM would be from POS.

    Rick
    Its not to bad of a difference. You'll get use to it pretty quick, trust me..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    It was funny... earlier tonight I was reading some email that I'd been waiting on... the guy sent it as html... I was thinking if I had ordered the 800w, I'd be able to read it easier. This phone has a lot of hardware and software improvements for many to love....

    Not to mention I could funnel all my emails to a hotmail account and they get pushed to my device (although a "real" exchange account would make more sense in my case).
    I think thats one of the biggest things I love about it, I can sit back and enjoy getting my hotmail without any problems..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  20. #20  
    I got the 800w last night. I spent most of the night hating it but that was just because I really liked the Centro and the WM phone seemed confusing.

    Today however, I'm totally in love with this new phone. Finally getting programs set up the way I like them so it has become a real pleasure to use the phone.

    Having the GPS is great. I used to a few times to find places today. The WiFi is so cool. Web pages load instantly.

    Pocket IE is pretty much the same as Blazer which is disappointing. Opera Mobile 9.5 looks promising but wow do the pages load slowly in this beta version. I'm assuming that will improve with the final version.

    One thing I don't like is that the email program does not seem to have a visual indicator light when I have new email.

    There was just no way I could live without Kinoma player to stream podcasts and I'm happy to report that it works great though StyleTap. Looking forward to a native version of Kinoma for WM.

    Overall really good phone. Tomorrow will be my first day back to work with the phone. I hope the love affair holds up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions