1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

My girlfriends 700wx was stolen in Jun. I set her up on my old 650, and updated the versamail software to sync her to mail@web.

Last weekend all her contacts and e-mails were deleted. I went to mail2web server and moved them back from the deleted items folder.

A few days ago, it happened again. And this time, contacts were added that she didn't know????

We thought the old 650 and/or mail2web was messed, but just googled the area code of one of the new contacts and it's in Eastern Tennessee....where the phone was stolen!

So thinking some A*** H*** who stole the phone had activated the stolen phone, and was unknowingly syncing to mail2web, I called sprint.

They have a record of the ESN, and confirmed that it was activated.... about the same time the contacts started getting messed up.

What can we do? Any recs on getting this guy/gal nabbed. They stole a bunch of other stuff as well.

On hold for Sprint's fraud dept.... will they do anything? Or go to the local authorities at the suspects area code?

You would think Sprint would have a system in place to not activate a known stolen phone. They said they did..... they just want the account?
    I would suggest to report to police so they can locate the thief. At the same time, change all the password.
    I don't know too much about the mail2web...are any of the contacts labeled in a way that you can see if there is a relationship to the new "owner" of the phone - like "mom" or "home"....if you could get a little closer to an ID, the police are more apt to help. Google some of the numbers to reverse them, see if you can find a pattern or something.
    When the phone was stolen, did you call Sprint to let them know that it was stolen?

I don't see how the ESN could have been activated if it had been reported stolen initially (unless ofcourse a dubious employee was involved).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    When the phone was stolen, did you call Sprint to let them know that it was stolen?

I don't see how the ESN could have been activated if it had been reported stolen initially (unless ofcourse a dubious employee was involved).

We asked... they said it was flagged. But when she activated the new phone the old one was "unflagged" for some reason.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    I don't know too much about the mail2web...are any of the contacts labeled in a way that you can see if there is a relationship to the new "owner" of the phone - like "mom" or "home"....if you could get a little closer to an ID, the police are more apt to help. Google some of the numbers to reverse them, see if you can find a pattern or something.
    All the contacts have just phone numbers, not much to go off of at this point. There is a MOM, and a *****. I was thinking ***** might be willing to help out (maybe a disgruntled ex Lover).

No that I've got the 800 going I'm going to wipe my old 700 (maybe do the 6.0 ROM thing), sync to mail2web and get her stuff on the 700. Then delete the server source from the 700, and set up a new mail2web account. I want this bozo to keep storing his contacts, maybe adresses, and maybe some appointments...
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    All the contacts have just phone numbers, not much to go off of at this point. There is a MOM, and a *****. I was thinking ***** might be willing to help out (maybe a disgruntled ex Lover).

No that I've got the 800 going I'm going to wipe my old 700 (maybe do the 6.0 ROM thing), sync to mail2web and get her stuff on the 700. Then delete the server source from the 700, and set up a new mail2web account. I want this bozo to keep storing his contacts, maybe adresses, and maybe some appointments...
    I'm an investigator - there are a few reverse number searches available on the net, and you can Google the number (format 520-555-1212), which in many cases reveals the subscriber. I have databases to run numbers and I know the police do as well....most mobile companies take admin subpoenas from police via fax and return info in a day or so. Run the number through http://www.fonefinder.net/ to find the carrier. If you want the police to do something, stay on them and hand them as much information as you can... good luck.