Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Can anyone help me out - I have installed weatherbug direct (a few times) and while it is checked to appear on my Today screen, it does not. I can not find anyway to access the program.

What am I missing (besides the intelligence to make simple programs work on my phone)?

Thanks.
    I think you might need to do a soft reset for it to appear on your today screen.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    I think you might need to do a soft reset for it to appear on your today screen.
    Probably should have stated that originally, but yes this process has included a few soft resets, either after I have installed the cab, or randomly to see if it helps.

Is there supposed to be an icon in programs?
    I dont have an icon in the programs folder. I soft reseted after installing mine and it just showed up. Hmm...
  5.    #5  
    I've tried the software soft reset and the battery pull, nada....
    I'm finding a lot of apps do not work with the 320x320. netframe 2.0 off the microsoft website does help with a few apps.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I'm finding a lot of apps do not work with the 320x320. netframe 2.0 off the microsoft website does help with a few apps.
    Yeah, except the "What does your today screen look like" thread is full of folks running this thing.

It's likely something real simple that I am missing....
    Ok.. This might be weird, but I was messing around with weatherbug on the treo and my today thing actually disappeared along with the temp. on the top bar.

I went in to check it and uncheck it on the today settings (like you did). That did not work for me.

Now I dont know if this will work for you, but just move the weatherbug in the todays settings up or down a few spots (so that it is above/below whatever you have on your today screen). Make sure it is not in the same location as when you first saw it in the today screen.

See if that works.
  9.    #9  
    Ok.. This might be weird, but I was messing around with weatherbug on the treo and my today thing actually disappeared along with the temp. on the top bar.

I went in to check it and uncheck it on the today settings (like you did). That did not work for me.

Now I dont know if this will work for you, but just move the weatherbug in the todays settings up or down a few spots (so that it is above/below whatever you have on your today screen). Make sure it is not in the same location as when you first saw it in the today screen.

See if that works.
    Nope, didn't work. The first or second time I downloaded this, I actually did see it on the today screen, clicked to check out the options, hit something and boom! Gone. But since then, I have completely removed it from the system and downloaded again, soft reset, (a few times) and nada. I've moved it, unchecked it, rechecked it, move it again. still nada. I wish there was some icon for this in programs or some other way to access it.

Thanks for the idea though, I am now on a dang mission to get this to work for some reason.....
    Same here. I had it installed the first time and worked like a charm. But its gone. No matter what I do I cannot get it back. It does not show up in "my Progs" or anywhere. If I do a search, I get the cab files, reinstall, says it was successful but no WB!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Same here. I had it installed the first time and worked like a charm. But its gone. No matter what I do I cannot get it back. It does not show up in "my Progs" or anywhere. If I do a search, I get the cab files, reinstall, says it was successful but no WB!
    Well at least I'm not crazy.....but if I concerned this much about the weather here in AZ, maybe I am....want the forecast for the next couple months? Hot. Might rain. Probably wont.
    Bummer. I don't know what else to say to try and get WB to work.

I know that you want to figure out what is wrong with WB, but have you taken a look at Weatherpanel yet?

Edit:
    Was going to PM you but its not back up yet.
  13.    #13  
    Bummer. I don't know what else to say to try and get WB to work.

I know that you want to figure out what is wrong with WB, but have you taken a look at Weatherpanel yet?

Edit:
    Was going to PM you but its not back up yet.
    Looked at weatherpanel and loaded weather to go...looks pretty good and serves its purpose.....

I see you are running QuickMenu. I installed it this morning, not bad and then came up with a refresh screen problem - old screen was still visible in the corner.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I see you are running QuickMenu. I installed it this morning, not bad and then came up with a refresh screen problem - old screen was still visible in the corner.
    I am liking the quickmenu, but it has glitches...some of the icons are completely random, or completely trashed and they switch back and forth between....but otherwise, i like it. We'll see how it holds up.
  16.    #16  
    For what it is worth, I fixed this, though mainly on accident.

For those interested somehow the registry value for show today plug in was switched to 0. WARNING - I know just enough about this stuff to make me dangerous, I stumbled upon this, please don't take my advice about registry changes if you think you know less than me.

It was in HKLM>Software>Weatherbug>TodayPlugIn>show_today_plug... change 0 to 1 and up it comes.

This board rocks by the way, a week ago I had no idea about any of this stuff. Thanks.
    Hi could we get a screen shot of the registry change u did please, I don't seem to see that particular value in the registry upon installation.

thanks

BigMots
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    Hi could we get a screen shot of the registry change u did please, I don't seem to see that particular value in the registry upon installation.

thanks

BigMots

Also I emailed the developer about this and about the possibility of adding an icon to the programs or start menu so one would have access should both the temp alert and today plugin be turned off....this morning when I woke up there was an updated version of WB and an email from the developer. Thinking he fixed something, I took the update and boom, same stuff, but this time changing the value did nothing. After more emails and frustration I restored the old version and got WB back....if you just downloaded it, it may be the new version and it may still be difficult.

The value in this photo is back to 0 because I only have the temp icon working, but when I first looked, both were set to 0. I set the plugin to 1 and it appeared. The updated version didn't even show up in my today settings

The developer seems to be good about responding and I have directed him to a couple places (here included) in which people complain about having no access to the program if there are no icons. Perhaps someone smarter than me can talk to him to work through this issue.

HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Looked at weatherpanel and loaded weather to go...looks pretty good and serves its purpose.....

where can I get weatherpanel without having to pay for it
    Cool, Got it to work on Today Screen...although still cannot see it in "Programs" ... I am able to update the weather .. thanks again.

BigMots
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast