Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    I'm looking for a PIM option to cover two views I miss from my Palm OS days:

1. Week view with text listing of all appointments on each day (like in 2day)

2. Month view with text of appointments on each day (like ksDatebook)

Suggestions?
    I used Adjendus for years on Garnet and I really liked it. I recomend against Adjendus for Windows Mobile. It is so painfully slow and very large. It will also make a mess of your Birthdays and other annual events. It is quite possible the slowest Windows Mobile application every released. They should be really embarrassed by it.

Instead I recomend SBSH Calendar Touch
    http://www.sbsh.net/products/windows...calendar_touch
    It can do everything 2day can do and alot of what Datebook 6 can do.
    Last edited by rc46; 12/18/2008 at 09:46 AM.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Finally found a program that pretty much replaces UltimatePhone for full screen caller ID and photo contact dial - Inesoft Phone 4. It's not cheap ($29.99), but seems to work very well on the 800w, has multiple skins available, and also gives you a very flexible profiler.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Is there a GOOD replacement for AGENDUS? its REALLY SLOW on my 800W ... I need something with all the features it has including the nice icons...
    You generally need to post in one area only. I tried Agendus, Agenda One, Extreme Agenda and Pocket Informant - all work on the 800W and all work on my Touch Pro.

My choices: Extreme Agenda and Pocket Informant. I went with Extreme Agenda due to one very, very, very small and unimportant feature.

I had no issues with Extreme Agenda/Pocket Informant. Found Agendus to be tooooooooo much and was not excited by Agenda One.
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    Is there a GOOD replacement for AGENDUS? its REALLY SLOW on my 800W ... I need something with all the features it has including the nice icons...
    The best set of icons is pocket informant. Not as good as Agendus, but faster and many other features.
    Laissez Faire
    My critical software was CallCards (the calling card function of TAKEphONE, stripped out as a standalone utility) and Callblock. I found a replacement for both in Magicall, and it seems more stable. It's definitely more powerful but with that flexibility comes complexity.

Treo Alert Pro probably can replace Attention Manager, the only thing I really used from Butler, in the end. The former also appears to support LED notification, but that's not crucial.

What I miss is a sticky option key, a menu key, and the ability to close applications completely and easily, without having to touch the screen.

MagiKBLite, by the developer of MagiCall, looks as though it can replace KeyCaps. There's some traffic about it not working for some users but that seems to be resolved with a keyboard overlay.

Will MagiKBLite allow remapping of the right shift key to a soft button? To have to press 'menu' when it appears, is aggravating.

Task Manager has options to allow X to close a window, or require press-and-hold, but it seems to work only on the touch screen.

Is there a function in WinMo equivalent to StickyKeys in desktop Windows? MSDN describes the technical means to accomplish that, but I'm not a programmer. (link: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa925903.aspx)

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_cowles View Post
    What I miss is a sticky option key, a menu key, and the ability to close applications completely and easily, without having to touch the screen.
    I've played with the phone more and found that it has sticky keys. This works for me. You just have to be fast enough for it to work. If you delay, the Option key 'expires'?

Now, to get MagiKB to not type number keys twice on the dialer page. I can't find a program name to ignore, so it doesn't do that.
    There was a question earlier in this thread by someone looking for a simple alarm clock replacement, but no answer. I'm looking for a replacement for World Clock. Yes, I know it was simple but it's all I need. The alarm clock on the Treo Pro is buried 6 levels deep in settings and (apparently) cannot be assigned to the menu or Today screen. I want near one-touch access. Beyond that all I want do is set a single alarm.

Thanks for suggestions.
    Take a look at pTravelAlarm? It can be set up to have a cute little icon on the cute little Today screen and when one taps that cute little icon on the cute little Today screen, pTravelAlarm opens right up so that you can set between 1 to 10 cute alarms.
    Thanks, but 12.50 seems a bit much to pay for a simple alarm clock, which is all I want.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_cowles View Post
    Thanks, but 12.50 seems a bit much to pay for a simple alarm clock, which is all I want.
    how about spb time or schedy alarm?
    The two greatest causes of system failures are sysadmins and users. If you can keep both of these groups away from your machines, the reliability increases dramatically.
    I didn't need Buttler and such apps, but I miss Callguard. It is simple POS app which vibrates eg. 1/8second when phone call starts and ends. Especially good in industrial noisy environment.

Can find many SIPs, quick-input helpers etc, but can't find app which replace Keyboard Shortcuts. This app is incredibly helpful if you often write the same texts. user sets list of pairs of shortcut vs. full text. Then writes a dot followed by this (one, two, eventually 3 letters) shortcut when needs to write revelant text. Examples:
    .gm for Good Morning (impolite but can be used)
    .vmn for (void)main(){}
    .ro for , .lo for <lol> etc. (usable for IMs, forums etc)
    .gm for Good Morning and .ly for Love You Sweetheart :* (impolite but can be used in SMS by teens)

And SnapperMail. Almost "yet another mail client". But unbeatable for 3 reasons:
    1. If you use "download headers only", it allows "download more" and "download whole message". The unique "more" option downloaded first few kb of message instead of downloading whole message + some attachments. Most of email messages contains message text near to header but next 50 kbs is total junk (eg ads from free email servers) that on GPRS takes years to download. in 95% of cases i didn't need to download whole message.
    2. Finger and stylus mode
    3. Extremelly fast&robust

What I really miss from PalmOS (and probably will return to POS) is REAL call recording. I did some resistive feedback from speaker to microphone, but in really noisy work environment it will not work properly.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c64club View Post
    What I really miss from PalmOS (and probably will return to POS) is REAL call recording. I did some resistive feedback from speaker to microphone, but in really noisy work environment it will not work properly.
    Hi!
    I currently owned a Treo Pro and would like to find a call recording app (winmo) that is user friendly, can recommend one?
    The two greatest causes of system failures are sysadmins and users. If you can keep both of these groups away from your machines, the reliability increases dramatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giannacl View Post
    Hi!
    I currently owned a Treo Pro and would like to find a call recording app (winmo) that is user friendly, can recommend one?
    Yes. the program is ACR (abbr. for Automatic Call Recorder). needs DotNet3.5 library. It can record full automatically or ask "do yoy want to record" when call begins.
    But it, in fact, doesn't solve the problem. Cause the prblem is in WinMo's internals. WM can only record from microphone, not really "from speaker" or from GSM/CDMA module. So it records your voice at, let's say, 90% level and your advisor's voice at 10% level, because only 10% of speaker's volume reaches the microphone. And the sound isn't clear - it runs over all elements of case/electronic/battery/stylus slot etc. And it decreases quality a lot. The half-solution is to use:
    -loudspeaker (hands free mode), or
    -one of stereo headset's earspeakers glued to the microphone (I saw that solution), or
    -make some kind of feedback by soldering some thin cable and big resistor between speaker and microphone

Yes, all this "works", but it's like "We (soldiers)are killing mosquitos by using patriot rockets, because army didn't gave us anti-mosquito spray".

the VERY BASIC AND ESSENTIAL POSSIBILITY was in PalmOs Garnet from the beginning.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456