Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by npbeers View Post
    Is there a utility for WM that will allow me to launch multiple different apps from the same hard button just by holding it different lengths of time? I used to use QLaunch or QuickLaunch on PalmOS and more recently have been using Rotary on PalmOS... Is there a comparable app for WM?
    AE Button Plus - you can set each button to do different things weather you press it once, or "double-click" the button, etc... Give it a try..
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    What I really want is something akin to the keylauncher in butler. This let you launch your favorites from the phone app anywhere. So if I wanted to listen to music, I could hold down "m" and pocket tunes would launch. Or "1" to call voice mail. Or "p" to quickly launch the camera app to take a picture... Once I started using that, I hardly ever needed a launcher. That's what I miss the most.
    Programs I miss the most from my POS

1) XWeather - What made this program great was the ability to download weather maps. I would download the maps and review them mid flight at 30,000!

2) Flight Status - Great program by 15 year old Andrew!

3) Volume Care - Should I say more??
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8torA320 View Post
    Programs I miss the most from my POS

1) XWeather - What made this program great was the ability to download weather maps. I would download the maps and review them mid flight at 30,000!

3) Volume Care - Should I say more??
    Have you looked at Weather Panel?

(I haven't needed Volume Care since the 650.)

Have you thought about any of the websites that send you flight status updates via sms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Av8torA320 View Post
    This program was very good - it just worked. In the meantime I find myself using flightstats.com

Here some other apps for switchers:

TinyStocks' StockManager = TinyStocks' StockManager or Pocket Investor (still evaluating).

Memo = through StyleTap a palmos program called Memo Leaf
    *WM's Notes doesn't support categories ;(

KeyCaps = MagiKB Lite (after hardreset, app seems to stick, thanks noahas)

Quick News = Newsbreak [RSS Reader]

Still looking for..
    Toggle keyboard lights on/off using side button
    Automatically turn phone's radio on/off every morning/night (MorphScript?)
    TreoAreaCode = WM?
    Last edited by opacityzero; 09/04/2008 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    AE Button Plus - you can set each button to do different things weather you press it once, or "double-click" the button, etc... Give it a try..
    I tried this but I must be stupid. First of all there is no manual for it, at least I couldn't find one.

All I wanted to do was re-program my side button. Currently if you hold it in it's mapped to the "record" app. I wanted to add an additional function where a quick tap would launch a screen capture app.

Could not figure it out. There is also a very large "DO NOT TOUCH THIS BUTTON" screen that has no explanation at all.

It may be a good app, but the lack of documentation sucks big time.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    KeyCaps = MagiKB Lite (but doesn't stick for me..have to keep going into app)
    That's odd, you might try to reinstall. It works great for me and I have seen it posted by others here that it works fine.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I havent gotten my 800w yet but its on the way and im also upgrading from the 755 most the programs i use have already been listed but im looking for something similar to Phone Technincan the same people who make Butler. Im really looking for something where I can assign a button to turn off the screen when im on a call. And a way to to set the Phone radio to turn off and on at specific times.

Is there a The Weather Channel app like the one for POS?

Is there a directory assistance program like x411 or is that what the live search does that is on the today screen. I cant try it as I dont have my new 800w yet.

And last one I promise Im looking for a program like MegaClock that has a stopwatch, Timer, and shows different time for the different time zones.

Thanks guys.
    There is Google Search and Windows Live Search (or something like that).
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    I tried this but I must be stupid. First of all there is no manual for it, at least I couldn't find one.

All I wanted to do was re-program my side button. Currently if you hold it in it's mapped to the "record" app. I wanted to add an additional function where a quick tap would launch a screen capture app.

Could not figure it out. There is also a very large "DO NOT TOUCH THIS BUTTON" screen that has no explanation at all.

It may be a good app, but the lack of documentation sucks big time.
    I thought I was the only one...

Have you noticed that no one has replied? I wonder if there are a lot us us out there. That's one thing I've noticed about WinMo apps, the lack of documentation. It must be a Microsoft thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    I thought I was the only one...

Have you noticed that no one has replied? I wonder if there are a lot us us out there. That's one thing I've noticed about WinMo apps, the lack of documentation. It must be a Microsoft thing.
    Yeah, I haven't written off the Treo 800w yet. I'll give it a few months at least. Cool thing is, I can use Sprint's on-line ESN swap to go back and forth between it and my Centro whenever I want.

So far though, from what I've seen, Palm apps are much better than anything I've seen from WinMo so far. Also, I've soft reset the 800w more times in the 2 weeks that I've had it than the 10 months that I used my Centro and that's no exaggeration!

Don't mean to bash the 800w but so far I prefer the Palm OS. Can't wait to see the new version next year and what new phones will have it installed. I'm sure I'll switch again.
    My side button is mapped to mVoice. You remap the side button the same way you do any of the hard buttons: System/buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    My side button is mapped to mVoice. You remap the side button the same way you do any of the hard buttons: System/buttons.
    Yeah, I mapped my side button to a screen capture program but what I was trying to do with AE Button plus was to map the side button to more than one app based on how many times you pushed it or held it in.

Couldn't get it to work and didn't have the patience at the time to continue trying.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Yeah, I haven't written off the Treo 800w yet. I'll give it a few months at least. Cool thing is, I can use Sprint's on-line ESN swap to go back and forth between it and my Centro whenever I want.

So far though, from what I've seen, Palm apps are much better than anything I've seen from WinMo so far. Also, I've soft reset the 800w more times in the 2 weeks that I've had it than the 10 months that I used my Centro and that's no exaggeration!

Don't mean to bash the 800w but so far I prefer the Palm OS. Can't wait to see the new version next year and what new phones will have it installed. I'm sure I'll switch again.
    I tend to agree about the the POS software and I've noticed that, if I don't soft re-boot my 800W every other day or so, it gets cranking.

BTW, did you ever get an answer about AEButton Plus instructions? I have it loaded but don't want to guess and hose up the phone any more than it already is. (Did I tell you that I like it? I'm into pain)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    BTW, did you ever get an answer about AEButton Plus instructions?
    No, never got any reply. I uninstalled it.
    I got my 800w a month ago and love it so far. I switched from a 700p with a lot of POS programs, so I am thinking about using StyleTap. My main concern is that some programs use the Device Id to register the software. If the 800w has a different Device Id from my 700p, will I be able to get my programs to run?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roper View Post
    I got my 800w a month ago and love it so far. I switched from a 700p with a lot of POS programs, so I am thinking about using StyleTap. My main concern is that some programs use the Device Id to register the software. If the 800w has a different Device Id from my 700p, will I be able to get my programs to run?
    I tried StyleTap, loaded one of my programs (forgot which one, maybe 2Day) and it worked ok. Then I thought, what's the point? If I want to use my Palm OS apps, I'll just go back to using my Centro.

I'd like to see similar apps developed for WinMo as opposed to using StyleTap to run Palm OS apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roper View Post
    I switched from a 700p with a lot of POS programs, so I am thinking about using StyleTap. My main concern is that some programs use the Device Id to register the software. If the 800w has a different Device Id from my 700p, will I be able to get my programs to run?
    StyleTap allows you to set the Hotsync ID to match what you used to use on the 700p. I recently switched from a 700p to an 800w, and I'm impressed at how well StyleTap works. It has a few minor display related issues (like turning on the device with a PalmOS app still running in StyleTap results in the keyguard banner not always showing), but nothing that's been a real issue. Plus, since the 800w is 320x320, the apps look great! I've played with StyleTap on the 700wx, and it didn't look all that hot, but did function well.

I'll admit to picking up my 700p earlier today and feeling nostalgia for the well worn workhorse device, but I've found the transition to the dark^WWindows Mobile side to be pretty painless (with a little help from StyleTap).
    I have a Treo 680 and I'm being tempted by the Treo Pro to go to the Dark Side.

That said, I rely on Key Date's ability to have multiple calendars and sync each one to Outlook. Does anyone know if Windows Mobile 6 supports multiple Outlook or Exchange calendars?

Thanks...

Dave
    I tried StyleTap and I'm pretty happy so far. Most of my POS apps will run ok. One problem is I don't seem to be able to control the volume from some of my apps. DiddleBug works ok, but the alarm is full blast and I can't turn it down. The same thing happens with my morse code program. I'm afraid it might damage the speaker. Any ideas?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast