Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Is there a program which let me assign speed dial keys to launch Apps? I miss that option a lot.
    Thanks.
    That's probably the thing I missed the most when I switched from POS to WM.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Any Windows Mobile version of FieldsPlus or TreoSelectText? Looking for the ability to select text using the treo keyboard (I am too used to using shift and 5-pad).
    The program I miss the most was Takephone. There are similar programs like Sunnysoft Contacts, but nothing as good as Takephone was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    The program I miss the most was Takephone. There are similar programs like Sunnysoft Contacts, but nothing as good as Takephone was.
    I'll 2nd that!
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Go forth and DIE!!" - Nathan Explosion
  5.    #25  
    TakePhone
    2Day
    Butler

All three of these I dont think can be replaced. These 3 apps (first two from shsh) were the best apps i've ever used.

While TreoAlerts is nice, I dont think it will come anywhere close to what Butler did for the POS. Nothing against hannip, but Butler was just killer.

I had my LED to charge red, then green on fully charged (mine now just shows green even when its not fully charged)

The alarms you could set in Butler were amazing, and so was the alerts.

This was only PART of it too. There was the keyguard and MANY other tings it was capable of doing.

Then the other two from shsh, made life so much easier. I loved the layout of both of those programs.

I really wish all of those could have been made for WM as well. People who have never used the POS and those programs, have no idea what they are missing on the WM devices. I however do since I switched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    +1.
    Also ChatterEmail. MS doesn't pay attention to Imap IDLE.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    So I know there are many people who will be going from Palm OS to WM 6.1, and that's me included next week, but I have no idea where to begin. Now I dont know if there is a thread related to this, but since I am new to the WM OS, I wont know what programs for WM will be close to the ones I have on my Palm.

I have a small idea from just reading some things, but there is always that... What is ESSENTIAL when I first get it, and what are some of the programs you really like, and are glad you found.

I am sure there are a few people on here who have used both OS's and can give some good feedback. If someone can help with that, i'll list some programs and maybe someone can tell me what would replace them.

BugMe (cool little program to actually write on the screen to take notes. I use this when I am at work and want to look up a product. I launch it, and write down the number just as if I had pen and paper)

Any help as to WHAT to use, and where to go would save me TONS of time. I am sure there are some top 5 or 10 apps everyone has that would make my life so much easier when I get the new device.

Thanks!

I downloaded a trial version of Phat Pad 4.5 from Handango that seems to allow writing on the screen. I haven't seen an alarn capability like Bugme had, but it's a start. It's not cheap tho - $39.95.
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    I downloaded a trial version of Phat Pad 4.5 from Handango that seems to allow writing on the screen. I haven't seen an alarn capability like Bugme had, but it's a start. It's not cheap tho - $39.95.
    The built-in notes program will allow writing on the screen if you tell it to.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I tried this program and it dod not work (at least, it did not work i the test area).
    Same here, couldn't get it to work either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Same here, couldn't get it to work either.
    It turns out you have to choose a keymap file from the menu. Any one seems to work.
    Laissez Faire
    I used Ringo to assign ringtones to categories of contacts. That was native in the POS version, but I think a program is needed to do it for the 800w.
    Laissez Faire
    So what do you all use with styletap?
    I sprung for the $50 and bought it. Use some key medical stuff from POS.
    Maybe we can make a list of what works with styletap on the 800W?
    I used Ringo to assign ringtones to categories of contacts. That was native in the POS version, but I think a program is needed to do it for the 800w.
    You can actually set up a ring tone for each contact without a 3rd part program. I was using Ringo the WM version, and decided to try the built in way instead. No problem and using MP3 as ring tone too
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Bejeweled 1 and 2 work, and most of the Medical Apps work as well.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    You can actually set up a ring tone for each contact without a 3rd part program. I was using Ringo the WM version, and decided to try the built in way instead. No problem and using MP3 as ring tone too
    Yes, but not for categories (unless I am missing something.) You could with the POS.
    Laissez Faire
    Yes, but not for categories (unless I am missing something.) You could with the POS.
    Sorry, your right..

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Anything out there like Treo Launcher for WM?

Launcher's best feature (IMO) was iterative search for programs based on parts of their names. When a substring match was unique, that program would be started. (For example, I would type "go" from the main menu to start Google Maps, or "sc" to start Scrabble, etc.)
    The developer of Style Tap is exceeding fast at responding. I asked him about support for the 5-way and he is open to it. That is the big down-fall for the application. I have yet to have Style Tap or an application running with it fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    "MP3 Trimmer" ripped from the Diamond = MiniTones from POS. Edit/trim MP3s on the device for ringtone use:

Cab in this thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=395400
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    "MP3 Trimmer" ripped from the Diamond = MiniTones from POS. Edit/trim MP3s on the device for ringtone use:

Cab in this thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=395400
    Ringo does that as well (although apparently no way to select portion to use.)
    Laissez Faire
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast