1.    #1  
    Has anyone else installed the full version of Coreplayer? I just installed it. They allowed me to switch from PalmOS to Winmobile at no cost which was very cool. When I stream a radio station from and listen through the speaker it sounds as if the speaker is broken. I get a lot of pops, and clicks which I don't get when Windows Media Player streams. The obvious question would be, then why don't I just use Media Player? The answer is that it doesn't appear to support many streaming formats and doesn't work on many of the STreamcenter radio stations. Does anyone else experience this?

Interested in any comments.....
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    Has anyone else installed the full version of Coreplayer? I just installed it. They allowed me to switch from PalmOS to Winmobile at no cost which was very cool. When I stream a radio station from and listen through the speaker it sounds as if the speaker is broken. I get a lot of pops, and clicks which I don't get when Windows Media Player streams. Does anyone else experience this? It does appear that Coreplayer supports more stream options than Windows Media Player does.

Interested in any comments.....

I think this is everyone's issue with this phone. Even without Coreplayer my phone cracks and pops during voice calls.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by waytoodeep03 View Post
    I think this is everyone's issue with this phone. Even without Coreplayer my phone cracks and pops during voice calls.
    Interestingly enough, this is the first time I've heard the cracks and pops. I have read where other people have had poping and cracking during phone calls which I don't get. It just started when I tried Coreplayer. Very strange.
    I've never heard cracks and pops when playing music even at full volume. I haven't used Coreplayer, but do use TCPMP and PocketTunes without issue. By chance if you have wifi on try turning it off and see if you still get it. Also maybe try pulling the battery to soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I've never heard cracks and pops when playing music even at full volume. I haven't used Coreplayer, but do use TCPMP and PocketTunes without issue. By chance if you have wifi on try turning it off and see if you still get it. Also maybe try pulling the battery to soft reset.
    the wifi off seems to stop the crackling and popping on the speakerphone. I was using WMP with Orb. I will have to try to make a phone call and see what happens. thanks
  6.    #6  
    You know I think that's it. Wi-fi is likely the problem. I was using WiFi when I heard the pops and cracks and didn't later when just using EVDO. I don't really understand why WiFi would cause such a problem.

Does anyone know if Coreplayer will play WMP streams? And if so, how do you change the file association?
    Can we post some thoughts on best encoding format/codec/settings?

My interst is in this: transfering sd dvd material down to about 500 to 700 mb per hour, ie a 100 minutes at about one gb at optimium resuilts for the 800w.

I think cropping out about 96 pixels on either side of 2.35:1, and 64 on either side of 16:9 originals, will give reasonable use of the 320x320 square.

Ive got nero and super but am not satisfied I am getting the best resolution/file size results fooling around with the various containers and codecs and bitrates. the mp4 results that look good at effective 320x280 at reasonable file size stutter on the 800w.
    Interesting - I sent a message, asking if I could switch from POS to WM, & they told me they couldn't do a discount, much less for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Interesting - I sent a message, asking if I could switch from POS to WM, & they told me they couldn't do a discount, much less for free.
    Farge. they let me do it as well!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    What email address did you use to send your message? I think you could send it to Mobihand or Coreplayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    What email address did you use to send your message? I think you could send it to Mobihand or Coreplayer.
    I sent my message to Coreplayer. However, I'm not too concerned - I mainly got Coreplayer for their YouTube access. Since I can do that with my 800w, TCPMP seems to meet my needs.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  12.    #12  
    I was dealing with Mobihand. Maybe it was their policy to allow me to switch and not Coreplayer's. If you bought from Mobihand, try them instead. They were very accomodating.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    I was dealing with Mobihand. Maybe it was their policy to allow me to switch and not Coreplayer's. If you bought from Mobihand, try them instead. They were very accomodating.
    Thanks. I sent an email to Mobihand and they sent me the new version as well.