Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I missed a call this morning because my phone simply didn't ring. I was alerted because they left me a callback number. I called my phone to confirm and it still didn't ring.

Yes, my ringer switch was on and my ringer volume was on.

I've had this happen a couple of times now along with my "new email", "voicemail", and "reminder" setting being wiped out. I have to reselect "play sound" and "display message on screen" for all of them.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    I've experienced the phone not ringing when someone called today. Then I testing calling my phone from another phone and it worked fine. I'm not in a 1X area so it should interrupt any data connection that's going on at the time. I checked my ##EVDO# setting and I have the broadband set to Automatic. Someone else was having problems when they had it set to Force Broadband. Dunno.
    I put my ringers in the application sounds folder and had issues with no sound even when the silence switch was off. Since I moved them to my ringers folder I have not had that issue. I didn't have any apps installed. I notice some ringers of mine play really low even when the ringer is set on high. Also I think the slot cycle needs to be changed. It will make the phone ring faster. Just not sure how to do it yet.
    Did you install the new Opera Mobile Beta? Its a known and show-stopping bug.

Surur
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Did you install the new Opera Mobile Beta? Its a known and show-stopping bug.

Surur
    No kidding? Yes, I have installed and am using it now. is it responsible for reseting my ring preferences?

I found that maybe one up from the bottom on the volume may just be too little on the 800.

Do you know if I exit Opera properly if it avoids problems?

Thanks!
    Kash76

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Oh wow..I was just about to come and post this also..

edit: i was wrong I hadn't installed Opera Mobile yet...hmm..
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootup View Post
    Oh wow..I was just about to come and post this also..

edit: i was wrong I hadn't installed Opera Mobile yet...hmm..
    I just uninstalled. I'm hoping this problem goes away!
    Kash76

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Any luck? I still have no sound or alerts. I will do a hard reset today but i'm trying to determine which program I installed is causing it.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Since removing opera I haven't had problems.
    Kash76

You have to restore the settings first. OM 9.5 official beta removes notifications on exit. The leaked version does not.

Surur