1.    #1  
    hey guys I seem to have a dot at the bottom of my screen and I am thinking it is a dead pixel?? is this possible and has anyone else had this happen. my other question is I am still within my 30 days ... should/can I return it and get another one? however last night (for the first time in my treo years) dropped my phone ;(... it didn't do too bad of damage just binged up the sides. would they still even take it back with it being dropped? thanks guys
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/19/2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    I had a dead pixel and I hard reset and restored to the previous day before the pixel was there and it was gone. Not sure why it was showing up but obviously a reset fixed it. Must have been a stuck pixel.
    I've got a something like that as well. It shows as a bright white pin head on the bottom of the screen. I notice it sometimes on dark screens. Other times I can't see it at all.
    Are you guys talking about the one right by the keyboard on the bottom? (They keyboard touch button between the two soft keys? If so I sometimes get a white dot that shows up but If I go back to Today it disappears.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    Are you guys talking about the one right by the keyboard on the bottom? (They keyboard touch button between the two soft keys? If so I sometimes get a white dot that shows up but If I go back to Today it disappears.
    That's weird mine was in the same place and I actually swapped it out for a new treo yesterday because of it.
    I've noticed the same thing on my Treo.

Mark
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I have a dead pixel on mine as well
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    So is it a dead pixel? It sometimes shows up and sometimes does not?

Does a dead pixel appear once a while?
    Its probally a stuck pixel and it probally always there. Mine was there one certain color screens ( Green , Black) and not there on white and red screens. Try different color screens and check it out.
    Mine too. I believe it is a software error, since it is in the same place for everyone (just to the left of the software keyboard button, disappears on Today screen, white otherwise) Try using the camera. That pixel turns whatever color it should, with no problems. I haven't seen it in a while anyway, so it may go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    Mine too. I believe it is a software error, since it is in the same place for everyone (just to the left of the software keyboard button, disappears on Today screen, white otherwise) Try using the camera. That pixel turns whatever color it should, with no problems. I haven't seen it in a while anyway, so it may go away.
    the white dead pixel between the soft key buttons is exactly where i have it too..

ive had this on two treo 800w's already.. the previous one i had had about 4 or 5 other deadl red pixels..
    Yep, I used Mobile screen tester and checked it, and it is all fine. Mine may have just gone away through finger pressure and time.
    I have a dead pixel on the upper right-hand part of my screen. I only notice it when I watch TCPMP full-screen. Would Sprint take a return for a single dead pixel, and is it worth doing?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I just saw the pixel appear and disappear. It appears when I run jbed (java) and the disapears when I press ok. It's the same color, so it has to be in software.

Other bad pixels in other places may just be bad pixels.
    Could someone post a screenshot showing the "dead pixel that could be software"? Haven't seen it yet, and I'm curious.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I have a dead pixel on the upper right-hand part of my screen. I only notice it when I watch TCPMP full-screen. Would Sprint take a return for a single dead pixel, and is it worth doing?
    I returned the first one that I had. They gave me no issues. It was about 4 red ones and one white one. I have no issues with the new one besides the one white pixel between the two soft key buttons which multiple people have stated they have in this thread.