Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I can send files from the Treo, but can no longer receive. IR just does not respond and Bluetooth transfers from my PC generate a 'ftp service not available' message. This was working for the last week, any ideas?

Edit: A hard reset does correct the problem, but would like to fix without starting over.
    Last edited by aixguru; 07/19/2008 at 12:41 AM.
    When you want to receive files go to your Beam settings and enable "Receive all incoming beams". What this does is start the OBEX service. OBEX is the OBject EXchange service. It is used by both IR and Bluetooth.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    When you want to receive files go to your Beam settings and enable "Receive all incoming beams". What this does is start the OBEX service. OBEX is the Obect EXchange service. It is used by both IR and Bluetooth.
    That option is checked. I have disabled and renabled hoping this would correct the issue, but no such luck. I think it's a registry issue.
    Dunno, never had a problem with it. Just sent 20 files from my 700wx to my 800w and it worked fine. I had to set my 800w bluetooth to make it discoverable and enable incoming beams in the beam settings. That's all you should have to do.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Dunno, never had a problem with it. Just sent 20 files from my 700wx to my 800w and it worked fine. I had to set my 800w bluetooth to make it discoverable and enable incoming beams in the beam settings. That's all you should have to do.
    File transfers have been working as expected all week. This evening started getting some strange behavior and discovered the problem when I tried to move over a soft reset program. As I said, I hard reset will resolve the problem just didn't want to configure from scratch.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Anyone know which file(s) should be restored using Sprite Backup to recover SMS messages?
    \Windows\PalmMsgV001
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    \Windows\PalmMsgV001
    That did it, thanks. File transfers now operational after a hard reset.

What a learning curve coming from POS.