Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Any good 3.5mm audio adapters for Treo 800w? I tried one from Motorola and it didn't work...anybody find one that does? Please post link if so!

Thanks
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I really like the BT3030 some had recommended earlier. I haven't tried it myself, but I may go buy it this weekend.
    Wow that's pretty cool! Naturally it's a huge battery waster since the phone is playing music and using bluetooth to broadcast it but it's still cool non-the-less. Almost makes me want to buy one but I don't know how well the bluetooth audio will sound.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Actually, I just meant a simple wired adapter like the kind you'd use for most phones...I love my Koss headphones and don't want to waste the battery life with bluetooth. Thanks anyway, though
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raheenb View Post
    Actually, I just meant a simple wired adapter like the kind you'd use for most phones...I love my Koss headphones and don't want to waste the battery life with bluetooth. Thanks anyway, though

Raheen check your other thread.... and these: Maybe a mod could consolidate:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167780
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168008
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167107
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    Seidio is developing the micro USB to 3.5 mm female audio adaptor. It will be available 2-3 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio is developing the micro USB to 3.5 mm female audio adaptor. It will be available 2-3 weeks.
    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Excellent!

What about a solution that allows us to charge and use the 3.5mm at the same time?

Thanks, again!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Excellent!

What about a solution that allows us to charge and use the 3.5mm at the same time?

Thanks, again!
    You should be able to use seidio's cable with the Palm adapter (assuming seidio doesn't come out with an adapter faster -- I ordered this about 8 days ago still has not shipped and I got an email saying it was an advance purchase item and backordered) seen here:
    http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    Last edited by insol; 07/23/2008 at 09:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Excellent!

Thanks, again!
    That's exactly what I've been looking for.

Anything possibly being developed from Seidio that does that?

Thanks,

~J
    Excellent!

Thanks, again!
    +3
    If the Seidio adapter doesn't allow you to charge and connect up an audio device at the same time, there will be a solution albeit not a very elegant one. Palm is now selling an adapter for $15 which is sort of misleading. It is called an Audio and Charging adapter. It leads you to think it is just what we want. Well, it is really a kind of a hub that gives you 2 microUSB ports so you can connect a charger and their stupid headset. You could use that adapter to plug in your charger on one port and the new Seidio audio adapter on the other and have what you want.....using 2 adapters. Kind of Rube Goldberg, but will work until someone comes up with something better. I am looking for Seidio to release a car cradle for it. I hope that will be coming soon. Although I have 3 non working Seidio car cradles here that I don't know what to do with. I hope the quality has improved.....
    Excellent!

Thanks, again!
    Yup - that is what I need for the car.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    If the Seidio adapter doesn't allow you to charge and connect up an audio device at the same time, there will be a solution albeit not a very elegant one. Palm is now selling an adapter for $15 which is sort of misleading. It is called an Audio and Charging adapter. It leads you to think it is just what we want. Well, it is really a kind of a hub that gives you 2 microUSB ports so you can connect a charger and their stupid headset. You could use that adapter to plug in your charger on one port and the new Seidio audio adapter on the other and have what you want.....using 2 adapters. Kind of Rube Goldberg, but will work until someone comes up with something better. I am looking for Seidio to release a car cradle for it. I hope that will be coming soon. Although I have 3 non working Seidio car cradles here that I don't know what to do with. I hope the quality has improved.....

Ha...I have 2 non-working cradles for the 700wx. What was wrong with yours? The first one, the audio port was screwed...had to be at a certain angle to get the audio out in full stereo. The second one *seems* to overheat and sends a signal to my radio that the AUX port is no more. This is only when the power is connected. When no power but using the cradle anyway, it is fine. I called Seidio a few times and they say 'it's a software issue and vehimately says that it's NOT their cradle'....what a joke as I've tested it every other way and they still deny it. Very bad quality except the only problem we have as consumers is that there's not one other company that makes the products............
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    Ha...I have 2 non-working cradles for the 700wx. What was wrong with yours? The first one, the audio port was screwed...had to be at a certain angle to get the audio out in full stereo. The second one *seems* to overheat and sends a signal to my radio that the AUX port is no more. This is only when the power is connected. When no power but using the cradle anyway, it is fine. I called Seidio a few times and they say 'it's a software issue and vehimately says that it's NOT their cradle'....what a joke as I've tested it every other way and they still deny it. Very bad quality except the only problem we have as consumers is that there's not one other company that makes the products............
    Well, we both have had the same basic experience. I have tried in the past to solve the problem with Seidio, but they basically didn't help at all. I am not at all happy with them, but like you said, they're the only game in town for a lot of this stuff. I have 2 GPS cradles for the 700p which crapped out in only a couple of months. One of them lost the audio connection and the other the power connection. I actually repaired one of them by swapping the power jacks on it (there are 2, one for input and one for output...I never used the output jack). Shortly after that, the audio port on that one failed. I just gave up. I still have them., but can't sell them with a clear conscience unless I tell the prospective buyer what is wrong in which case I wouldn't get bupkis for them. At first, David Chang promised help. However, after 4 or 5 unanswered emails, I just gave up on them helping me. Even though Seidio will be coming out with something first, I may wait for another manufacturer. I think I've bought and thrown enough of their CRAP away. Thanks, Seidio.
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    Yup - that is what I need for the car.
    Yep... Me, too. I love the idea of wireless but I don't want to have to drop 80 dollars on a solution at the moment.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I tried wireless and I like wired better. Sound quality is better. Sometimes with the FM wireless, I would hear the audiobook of the guy in the next car.
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    Sometimes with the FM wireless, I would hear the audiobook of the guy in the next car.
    LMAO!!
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    Well, we both have had the same basic experience. I have tried in the past to solve the problem with Seidio, but they basically didn't help at all. I am not at all happy with them, but like you said, they're the only game in town for a lot of this stuff. I have 2 GPS cradles for the 700p which crapped out in only a couple of months. One of them lost the audio connection and the other the power connection. I actually repaired one of them by swapping the power jacks on it (there are 2, one for input and one for output...I never used the output jack). Shortly after that, the audio port on that one failed. I just gave up. I still have them., but can't sell them with a clear conscience unless I tell the prospective buyer what is wrong in which case I wouldn't get bupkis for them. At first, David Chang promised help. However, after 4 or 5 unanswered emails, I just gave up on them helping me. Even though Seidio will be coming out with something first, I may wait for another manufacturer. I think I've bought and thrown enough of their CRAP away. Thanks, Seidio.
    Wanna buy my homemade cable? J/K... I just tested it fully today on my commute and I am VERY happy... still no charging sat the same time tho....

I agree -- wired quality has not yet been matched by wireless and I keep thinking of the people that take their calls through the FM broadcast smh...

I could not wait -- my treo(s) have been my only music in my car for too long now... I don't even listen to regular radio any more... between streaming Internet stations, my 1/2 TB of music I stream from my house, and the handful of stuff I have on my memory card.... I cannot imagine listening to the FM radio stations' tape loops (I get all the FM talk and news stations I like over Internet streams)...

Once Palm finally ships their crapadapter, I'll be all set. Battery ran most of the way down today and had to stop playing music and switch cables to charge.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Yeah, you'd think Palm would give their business partners the specs of the device a little ahead of time so that accessories would be ready for launch. Still not sure why they went with micro usb when mini is so prevalent! :-( Thanks for the responses guys.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast