Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anubisni View Post
    I would strongly recommend against the T505 if you want to listen to streaming radio in your car. The FM transmitter has a bad "static" sound on the treble, bass is pretty good. I'm using hannip's A2DP tweaks to get CD quality BT audio, it sounds great on my S9's so I'm positive it's the FM transmitter that's the issue. It works great as a speakerphone, but that's NOT why I got it...very disappointed by the quality...it's going on ebay/craigslist as soon as I can get another solution...
    I do not experience the static when using the T505. Are you sure it's not the frequency you chose? Or maybe something wrong with that one unit?
    How about this? Anyone tried it?

store.everythingq.com/motorola-headset-adapter/12A45A3533.htm
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Can't someone come up with a 90 degree micro usb to 3.5m or 2.5m input as one piece.. that's what i want to buy. I still don't understand why palm didn't put one in the phone from the start.
    Quote Originally Posted by keith455 View Post
    Can't someone come up with a 90 degree micro usb to 3.5m or 2.5m input as one piece.. that's what i want to buy. I still don't understand why palm didn't put one in the phone from the start.
    Because Palm (along with all the other major players) agreed that Micro USB was to be the new standard.

(A standard which pretty much everyone ignores.)
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    ahhh haaaa. look at this ebay item# 200257926129
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    here's the link now that i have 10 posts.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2BSI%26otn%3D4
    here's the link now that i have 10 posts.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2BSI%26otn%3D4
    looksl like a mini-USB adaptor..not a micro..besides none of the Moto micro-USB audiot adaptors work w/Treo 800.

So there is no known audio adaptor, short of us doing mods on the headphones.

BigMots
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Because Palm (along with all the other major players) agreed that Micro USB was to be the new standard.

(A standard which pretty much everyone ignores.)
    Then why did they put a headphone jack on the Pro?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    looksl like a mini-USB adaptor..not a micro..besides none of the Moto micro-USB audiot adaptors work w/Treo 800.

So there is no known audio adaptor, short of us doing mods on the headphones.

BigMots
    that just sucks..
    Then why did they put a headphone jack on the Pro?
    Because Palm realized that the new standard wasn't going to be one anyone followed, so they decided to go with what made sense from a market perspective.

If everyone DID follow the new standard, like they promised they would, the market would be flooded with all sorts of adapters. All the various companies failures to follow the new standard simply hurts those that did.
    keith455, Palm may have thought up the idea to do away with the 3.5mm headphone jack on the Treo 800w, but when TC got wind of it most of TC was patting Palm on the back for doing it (January of this year). So it's not like there was overwhelming opposition to the idea before the product's release.

And here's the dialog that transpired: Treo 800w - No headphone jack?? Do you care?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    keith455, Palm may have thought up the idea to do away with the 3.5mm headphone jack on the Treo 800w, but when TC got wind of it most of TC was patting Palm on the back for doing it (January of this year). So it's not like there was overwhelming opposition to the idea before the product's release.

And here's the dialog that transpired: Treo 800w - No headphone jack?? Do you care?
    You mean the 2.5mm jack.

And it wasn't really just Palm that thought of it, as I said it was all the major carriers. Palm (and so us) just got screwed over by it.
    Well it has no audio jack at all, so 2.5, 3.5, it has none .

The initial poster was speaking of the jack and using Kinoma, so I think they had 3.5 on their mind. But they posed the question in their initial comment as "Do you care if newer Treo's lack a headphone/headset jack?" So it was in consideration of both.
    Pretty much everyone in that thread asumed a USB to 3.5mm adapter could be used. They did not know we would all be completely hosed without a decent wired solution.
    So why hasn't someone here started making one yet? They would probably make a few bucks off of all the people in this forum.

If I had any knowledge about how to do it, I would get right on it.

Wait...I'm probably just being late on this, but Palm has an adapter. It's a mono adapter, though, and the price tag is ridiculous on it.

http://store.palm.com/product/index....catsId=3238806
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    So why hasn't someone here started making one yet? They would probably make a few bucks off of all the people in this forum.

If I had any knowledge about how to do it, I would get right on it.
    I think the going speculation on why Seidio ended their efforts to make one. Is that while it is technically doable, the costs to make one is too high. Meaning a wired 3.5mm adapter for the Treo 800w would likely end up costing more than people would be willing to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    Pretty much everyone in that thread asumed a USB to 3.5mm adapter could be used. They did not know we would all be completely hosed without a decent wired solution.
    Likely true. But the person who started that thread made sure to mention, they didn't desire to have to deal with a micro-usb to headphone jack adapter. They were specifically protesting that no standard audio adapter was physically already on the Treo 800w.

And now we all know those micro-usb to headphone jack adapters don't work on the Treo 800w.

The person who started that poll had the right idea, but most voted in disagreement.

It is understood though (I mean I get your point), that Palm has somehow come up with a micro-usb port, that does not even work with mico-usb to 3.5mm adapters. That I agree was a bad move on Palm's part.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123