Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    For those claiming that wireless has not caught up in quality to wired, have you tried A2DP with the high quality settings? No way I'm going back to wired ever again. And I wasn't talking about FM btw.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    You should be able to use seidio's cable with the Palm adapter (assuming seidio doesn't come out with an adapter faster -- I ordered this about 8 days ago still has not shipped and I got an email saying it was an advance purchase item and backordered) seen here:
    http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    I just don't get the point of this device...why release an adapter that most people will need an adapter to use? I could see if one output was for 3.5mm audio and the other was for charging...and yet, it doesn't look like I'll have any other options for a bit. The iphone guys at the office are so gonna laugh at me when they see my 2 adapter setup, lol.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I agree with Raheen above... but what choice do we have at this point? The bluetooth dogtag from Jabra BT3030 looks very cool, yet it is one more item that requires charging. I agree Hannip, the A2DP quality is very good but i hate to have one more thing to charge.

Heres the rub for me... I would use the BT3030 in my car but I still would have to plug it into my tape cassette adapter. I would be anxious about leaving it in my car to charge, which means I have to remember to take it out and I have to keep track of it when I carry it. I am not too worried about someone stealing a $30 wire that is not likely to get any attention...

You know....

as I am typing this....

I am slowly convincing myself I need to buy the BT3030

Crap.

here's a link to a review for everyone:

http://www.cnet.com.au/mobilephones/...9284004,00.htm
    I carry all my bluetooth stuff in my laptop bag which I always have with me during my commutes. At night I charge up all my devices so they are fresh for the next day.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Can the BT3030 be used while it's on the charger?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilboi View Post
    Can the BT3030 be used while it's on the charger?
    man it better.... I engineered a way to use it in my car, so it remains hidden and discrete, while still charging and connected to my car stereo.....

I assumed that it would work, while charging, like most recent devices.... I hope I dint make a wrong assumption.
    Last edited by insol; 07/25/2008 at 08:25 AM.
    Let me know how it works out. I may get one myself.
    I would like to see some kind of car cradle (made by someone other than Seidio). It would be nice to be able to plop it into the cradle and have a power, audio and antenna connection. I always liked Seidio's cradles for the 2 weeks they worked......
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Let me know how it works out. I may get one myself.
    Got the BT3030 today... doesn't work while charging It may be going back. Headphones are nice tho....
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Got the BT3030 today... doesn't work while charging It may be going back. Headphones are nice tho....
    What exactly doesn't work? I can stream music to my BT8040 (via bluetooth) while it's charging.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    What exactly doesn't work? I can stream music to my BT8040 (via bluetooth) while it's charging.
    When the BT3030 is charging, it turns off the link with the phone.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    When the BT3030 is charging, it turns off the link with the phone.
    My bad...assumed he meant while the phone was charging. The BT8040 behaves the same way.
    For those of you using your Treo in the car a lot, for either music or hands-free phone, the Motorola T505 may be something to check out. It uses Bluetooth input from your phone and outputs FM to your car stereo. It tells you what station to put your stereo on after it decides which one's best. It's got excellent sound quality without engine noise, and very easy to use. You can answer phone calls and use Voice Command through it too. I don't usually get real excited about stuff, but this unit has really made driving another experience all together.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortBusCandid8 View Post
    For those of you using your Treo in the car a lot, for either music or hands-free phone, the Motorola T505 may be something to check out. It uses Bluetooth input from your phone and outputs FM to your car stereo. It tells you what station to put your stereo on after it decides which one's best. It's got excellent sound quality without engine noise, and very easy to use. You can answer phone calls and use Voice Command through it too. I don't usually get real excited about stuff, but this unit has really made driving another experience all together.
    Does it suffer from the same BT volume reset issues that all of the headsets do?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    i am chomping at the bit for this audio adapter. i can't wait to hook up my bose qc2!!! According to Seidio it should become available this week.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Does it suffer from the same BT volume reset issues that all of the headsets do?
    Yes it does. Hitting the phone button, when initiating voice command or answering a call, resets the volume to a very low level. If you call, answer, and hang up using the phone, it works great.

My girlfriend just got me the T505 for my birthday. I was disappointed about the volume reset problem. Hopefully they will fix it. But the T505 works great as a BT speakerphone device and music streamer (although I admit that I haven't tried the FM feature yet).
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

For anyone wanting a cheap alternative for your car, I currently use Sprint's version of the Anycom adapter in the link above. They had it for $10 in the Corp Sprint store the other day. It plugs into the IPOD FM transmitter I already had and I stream Minnesota sports talk radio over my radio. It sounds pretty decent, although I do have to switch radio stations a lot if I'm traveling long distances. A $8 cellphone mount from Wal-Mart and I have a nice solution for in car listening. Definately not the Moto T505 but acomplishes the same thing as far as listening goes
    I tried to hack my included headphones, like others have, to give myself a female 3.5mm connector and failed. It turned out nice but when I plugged it in with my Bose headphones it did not work. So now I have no headphones at all. Great. Off to Google and here's what I found:

http://www.amazon.com/3-5mm-Stereo-Audio-Multi-Adapter-T-Mobile/dp/B000UHY6XU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1221275177&sr=8-2 Close but no cigar, it does mini-usb not the required micro-usb. Get with a Mini to Micro usb adapter? Ugh. Just as bad as Palm's offering.

Lets see about the bluetooth dongles on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FM-Bluetooth-Aud...QQcmdZViewItem

Now this is interesting. Apparently I get my 3.5mm headphone jack along with a fm transmitter for the car. It has a rechargeable lithium battery but no car charger, only an AC one. I can do speakerphone (thru car) and also connect to an ipod dock or any stereo with 3.5mm input. Battery claims to last 5-6 hours with 80 hours of standby. This thing or the Jabra bt3030? Well the Jabra does ONLY bluetooth while this no-name does all kinds of things. Jabra $30 - $50 while no-name is $40.

Wait a minute. I am about to stick another $50 into a $600 phone because why? Oh yeah, I have no headphone jack. Well all I need is the 3.5 jack so I just need to spend a few bucks on a silly microusb>3.5mm adapter. Hmm that doesn't seem to exist and if it did, I couldn't even charge my phone while using it. Get a usb splitter? How many wire and connectors and adapters and convertors do I need for my headphones to plug in without looking like a complete fool? If Seidio reads this post, please make your adapter look like the 2in1 mini adapter. And at the same price too please.
    I would strongly recommend against the T505 if you want to listen to streaming radio in your car. The FM transmitter has a bad "static" sound on the treble, bass is pretty good. I'm using hannip's A2DP tweaks to get CD quality BT audio, it sounds great on my S9's so I'm positive it's the FM transmitter that's the issue. It works great as a speakerphone, but that's NOT why I got it...very disappointed by the quality...it's going on ebay/craigslist as soon as I can get another solution...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast