1.    #1  
    If anyone has OneNote 2007 perhaps you can diagnose this for me.

Whenever I sync items from the phone to desktop, the desktop makes a new section for the notes, so I end up having several dozen section tabs, all with the same notes, and one having the newest notes.

Also, I am constantly getting (on the desktop) a cache error that makes me delete the cache and reopen OneNote.

I'd really like to use OneNote over the Outlook Notes for meetings, etc. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. I tried for hours before posting.
    Similar OneNote question: For Treo 800w, can you re-assign Mobile/Pocket OneNote to one of the hard buttons, like the mail icon button? The regular notepad is okay, but am looking for something more robust.
    Have you checked the button assignment option located in the device setup?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    If anyone has OneNote 2007 perhaps you can diagnose this for me.

Whenever I sync items from the phone to desktop, the desktop makes a new section for the notes, so I end up having several dozen section tabs, all with the same notes, and one having the newest notes.

Also, I am constantly getting (on the desktop) a cache error that makes me delete the cache and reopen OneNote.

I'd really like to use OneNote over the Outlook Notes for meetings, etc. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. I tried for hours before posting.
    LA -
    I've had a similar issue. Try the following troubleshooting steps.

1. Delete the partnership between phone and desktop (move your notes to a non-OneNote Mobile folder)
    2. Delete all tabs in OneNote Mobile and delete the OneNote Mobile folder altogether.
    3. Delete all notes on your phone.
    4. Re-establish the partnership with the desktop
    5. Enable the sync of OneNote (but don't put any notes on the phone yet)
    6. Put a note in the OneNote Mobile folder (Your device tab)
    7. Sync
    8. See if note appears on phone
    9. If all is good put new note on phone and sync
    10. If all good, one by one move notes back to OneNote mobile folder

it could be one of the notes are corrupted.

Let me know how it goes.
    Thanks for posting this ejonny it helped me.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by eJonny View Post
    LA -
    I've had a similar issue. Try the following troubleshooting steps.

1. Delete the partnership between phone and desktop (move your notes to a non-OneNote Mobile folder)
    2. Delete all tabs in OneNote Mobile and delete the OneNote Mobile folder altogether.
    3. Delete all notes on your phone.
    4. Re-establish the partnership with the desktop
    5. Enable the sync of OneNote (but don't put any notes on the phone yet)
    6. Put a note in the OneNote Mobile folder (Your device tab)
    7. Sync
    8. See if note appears on phone
    9. If all is good put new note on phone and sync
    10. If all good, one by one move notes back to OneNote mobile folder

it could be one of the notes are corrupted.

Let me know how it goes.
    Sorry I didn't respond to this earlier. I followed this up to #6, and immediately I got the delete cache error. I am at a loss...
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    LA -
    Trying going to tools...options...save from within OneNote. Look at the file path for the cache file location (at the bottom). Is that a valid path?

Also, click the Optimize All Files Now button (in the center) and try the 10 steps again. Seems like this is a OneNote, rather than OneNote mobile issue. Do you use OneNote for anything else?