Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I recently traded in my truck for a rice burner and one of the features it has is a Aux jack to plug external devices (iPod) into the stereo. Any idea if that would be possible with the Treo 800W and it's GPS capabilities?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    I recently traded in my truck for a rice burner and one of the features it has is a Aux jack to plug external devices (iPod) into the stereo. Any idea if that would be possible with the Treo 800W and it's GPS capabilities?

Thanks
    Get this adapter, and this cord, and you'll be all set.
    And maybe add this so you can plug in your car charger at the same time.

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    Question:

What exactly is an "Adapater"? (See above link)

Is it anything like an "Adapter"?
    Typographical error.
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eTreo View Post
    Question:

What exactly is an "Adapater"? (See above link)

Is it anything like an "Adapter"?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    And maybe add this so you can plug in your car charger at the same time.

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family
    Does this bother anyone else? I mean, seriously. I LOVE the prospect of the 800w, what a fantastic (albeit late) update to the 700w/wx!!!

But, in order to charge and use headphones (and/or I ASSUME a headset), I have to have:
    1. A Micro-USB splitter (basically, a USB hub)
    2. A Micro-USB to headphone/headset adapter

Two freaking adapters before I can even plug anything?

Now, maybe I misunderstand.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Get this adapter, and this cord, and you'll be all set.
    Thanks! to both you and Hannip

What do you think? Can I assume this adapter will work just as well? It's a Micro USB to 3.5mm Adapter, but it's for a V8 SYN2113. I've already got the 3.5 cord, so all I'd need is the charger adapter that hannip refered to, as well as the car charger itself... sigh... this is getting expensive
    Quote Originally Posted by treythompson View Post
    Does this bother anyone else? I mean, seriously. I LOVE the prospect of the 800w, what a fantastic (albeit late) update to the 700w/wx!!!

But, in order to charge and use headphones (and/or I ASSUME a headset), I have to have:

I think you understand perfectly. And it's nuts.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by treythompson View Post

That's only if you want to go the wired audio route. Some of us have moved beyond wires. There are several Bluetooth A2DP options out there also. The only cable that I plug into my treo is for charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    Thanks! to both you and Hannip

What do you think? Can I assume this adapter will work just as well? It's a Micro USB to 3.5mm Adapter, but it's for a V8 SYN2113. I've already got the 3.5 cord, so all I'd need is the charger adapter that hannip refered to, as well as the car charger itself... sigh... this is getting expensive
    The only questionable item is the micro to 3.5 adapter. You can either be the guinea pig or wait till someone else confirms that they've bought one that works.
    That's only if you want to go the wired audio route. Some of us have moved beyond wires. There are several Bluetooth A2DP options out there also. The only cable that I plug into my treo is for charging.
    It's not just about being open to Bluetooth audio options. Sometimes Bluetooth isn't an option for one reason or another (like if another Bluetooth device is already in-use.) Other times, Bluetooth audio quality isn't as good as wired audio. Sometimes you want everyone in the car to be able to hear the audio, so playing through the car stereo is the way to go.

That's just off the top of my head. There are probably other reasons one might choose or have no choice but to choose wired over wireless.

So, it's too bad that one has to find, purchase, and carry so many adapters to accomplish the elementary goal of being able to listen to music and charge the phone, at the same time.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    It's not just about being open to Bluetooth audio options. Sometimes Bluetooth isn't an option for one reason or another (like if another Bluetooth device is already in-use.)
    You can have multiple bluetooth connections, but music does pause when the other connection is transferring data. So you have a good point there.

Other times, Bluetooth audio quality isn't as good as wired audio.
    You can adjust the bluetooth quality. I have my bitpool set to 46 and the quality is very good. The default settings do suck.

Sometimes you want everyone in the car to be able to hear the audio, so playing through the car stereo is the way to go.
    There are solutions for playing over the car stereo, although that also costs $$$. Cables are cheaper unless you happen to have a head unit that supports A2DP out of the box.

That's just off the top of my head. There are probably other reasons one might choose or have no choice but to choose wired over wireless.

So, it's too bad that one has to find, purchase, and carry so many adapters to accomplish the elementary goal of being able to listen to music and charge the phone, at the same time.
    It would be nice if these cables came in the box. I just prefer the wireless options so I'd never use them.
    You can have multiple bluetooth connections, but music does pause when the other connection is transferring data. So you have a good point there.

You can adjust the bluetooth quality. I have my bitpool set to 46 and the quality is very good. The default settings do suck.

There are solutions for playing over the car stereo, although that also costs $$$. Cables are cheaper unless you happen to have a head unit that supports A2DP out of the box.

It would be nice if these cables came in the box. I just prefer the wireless options so I'd never use them.
    Depends on what you want I suppose.

I'd like to use my Shure E530's on the go and I'd be willing to bet there isn't a bluetooth headset in existence that sounds a fraction of the quality.