1.    #1  
    I had been using a Centro battery for a few days now. This morning I woke to a dead phone after leaving the phone on the charger overnight. I plugged in the 800w battery and the phone came to life. Put the Centro battery back in and it died again. Hopefully it was just a dead battery (how that can be when the thing was on the wall charger the whole night, I'm at a loss to explain).

I'll continue to investigate WTF happened last night, but has anyone else experienced strange behavior using a Centro battery in the 800w?
  2.    #2  
    This is promising:

http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family

Direct from Palm:
    Centro AND 800w Battery

Looks like we might have a charging issue with this phone.
    I cant even get centro battery to work. Not sure what is the issue. Its same size, same exact part number, voltage etc. But when I put the battery in Treo 800w it wont even boot back. Any ideas? Link you posted is promising but it is wierd. Although I accept the fact that I got mine from Sprint store associate who got it from returned centro so I am going to try to replace it today. Lets see.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I bought one too, and for the first 10 minutes it wouldn't turn on. That was because the charge was too low. What happened is that the charge light blinked every 10 secs at red for a while, and finally started up when it reached a charge above 1%.
    Exactly. The light blinks red every 5-10 seconds. I will follow your suggestion and keep it on charge for 10-15 minutes and see if it works.
    Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    I bought one too, and for the first 10 minutes it wouldn't turn on. That was because the charge was too low. What happened is that the charge light blinked every 10 secs at red for a while, and finally started up when it reached a charge above 1%.
    A quote from the User Guide....page 30.

" If the battery is fully drained, it may take a few minutes for the indicator light to turn on when you connect your Treo to the AC charger. If the indicator light still does not turn on, double-check the cable connection and the electrical outlet to which it is connected."
    Yep it works. Thanks tli415. You saved me a trip to Sprint store and embarrassment . And Thanks Aixguru for explanation.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aixguru View Post
    A quote from the User Guide....page 30.

" If the battery is fully drained, it may take a few minutes for the indicator light to turn on when you connect your Treo to the AC charger. If the indicator light still does not turn on, double-check the cable connection and the electrical outlet to which it is connected."
    I gathered that from the manual too, but I wasn't sure if it were referring to this case in particular, since it says nothing about a red link that blinks every 10 seconds.

Edit: It's no problem at all Ehsan, thanks to aixguru for digging through the manual and typing it out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    This is promising:

Direct from Palm:
    Centro AND 800w Battery

Looks like we might have a charging issue with this phone.
    Looks like this might be a better deal....same price as just the battery and provides a way to charge it outside of the phone

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Looks like this might be a better deal....same price as just the battery and provides a way to charge it outside of the phone

I bought this one for $14.10 after taxes and shipping from that seller. I was able to haggle him/her down to $13 pre-tax with the "Best Offer" thing.

As far as I can tell, it does look slightly different from the battery that came with my 800w. It should be said that the battery on the Palm site also looks different than the one that came with my 800w. Infact the picture on the Palm site matches their battery better than my original. It's of the same quality as the original in terms of look and feel.

I haven't been able to test if it lasts just as long or not yet, I've only had it in my hands for a few hours and it's just about done charging. But if this is the real deal I say the link I have above is the best deal for the battery. This seller sells a bunch and I got it in 4 days.
  11.    #11  
    I've been using this charger for a week now and while it's a tad slow, I have no complaints considering the price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-Charger-...QQcmdZViewItem
  12.    #12  
    Confirmed, a charged Centro battery works fine.

Now the question is, how did this thing drain my battery from 100% to zero overnight WHILE ON THE CHARGER???

Here's a theory I suggested a few days ago with a little more evidence:

1) Plug a fully charged phone into the wall adapter for charging.
    2) The light turns green to indicate 90+% charge.
    3) Now unplug the wall adapter from the wall. AS LONG AS THE USB END STAYS IN THE PHONE, THE GREEN LIGHT WILL NOT GO AWAY. THE PHONE CANNOT DETECT THAT THE ADAPTER HAS STOPPED SENDING POWER PRESUMABLY BECAUSE THE PHONE ISN'T DRAWING POWER AT THESE LEVELS!!!

I think this suggests that the phone does, in fact, stop charging once topped off, as many have speculated. Unfortunately, based on my experience last night, it appears that charging does not ever turn back ON. I had speculated that it would start recharging once the battery dropped below 90% (red LED territory). After waking up with a dead phone, I think the charging never resumes.

I'm going to leave the phone plugged into my PC's USB port tonight and will re-enlist the 700wx as caddy for tomorrow's alarms.
    Please keep us posted on your test
    Charliec