1. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I know it is slower than a wall charger, but mine when plugged in from a computer seems too slow compared to how my 6700 used to charge on the computer. after over 2 hours, it bares goes up by 10%. anyone else sees the same thing?
    Rex
    I just put mine on the usb charger while browsing the forums on my laptop. It did half the phone in a tad over an hour.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post
    I know it is slower than a wall charger, but mine when plugged in from a computer seems too slow compared to how my 6700 used to charge on the computer. after over 2 hours, it bares goes up by 10%. anyone else sees the same thing?
    Rex
    Agreed, way too slow! i would only use it to sustain..not charge.
    I'm seeing the same thing. I use one of those cigarette, which converts to a wall charger, that has a USB plug, so I can use the USB cable that came with the box. I can see the charge indicator, but it doesn't appear to be charging allot. It appears that my power consumption is greater than the charge.
  5. rex
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    It did half the phone in a tad over an hour.

Wud love to know what setting you've got going. half the phone... wow!!!

I travel a lot and am dependent on car and computer charging a lot using the usb cable.

Rex
    If you go settings->system->power, what is the number after mAH consumed for you guys?? My is like -30000 when I connect the phone to my computer. Without plugging to the computer, it's like -500. I don't know if it's normal.

I had serious problem with USB charging. Yesterday when I connect 800 to computer. The battery was drained out. Today I went to Sprint store and they gave me a new microUSB cable. It was charging at the very beginning but right now it seems it's draining battery again.

This never happens to my Mogul or Touch.

[/I]
    Quote Originally Posted by rex View Post

Wud love to know what setting you've got going. half the phone... wow!!!

I travel a lot and am dependent on car and computer charging a lot using the usb cable.

Rex
    I wouldn't lie about it. Anyway how do I know how to check the settings. I never changed anything out of the box.
    USB is slower.

I always could tell a difference with my WX between the wall plug and using the sync cable (which I'd soldered to allow charging, you could buy a cable that did basically the same).

It's the price you pay for having USB. Of course the benefit is unified charging off nearly any device....
    From what I can tell, when I have it plugged to my computer (directly not hub), and have all features on (wifi, bluetoon, phone) it will drain just a little faster then charge.

As for the mAH consumed mine says -510. That is at a 95% charge, connected to usb and no wifi.
    Has anyone been able to successfully get a charge by connecting the USB cable to a USB wall or cigarette stub adapater?
    Yeah, mine is around that if I just connect it to the computer. However when I start tethering, that number suddenly becomes -30000 and the battery starts draining crazily.

Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    From what I can tell, when I have it plugged to my computer (directly not hub), and have all features on (wifi, bluetoon, phone) it will drain just a little faster then charge.

As for the mAH consumed mine says -510. That is at a 95% charge, connected to usb and no wifi.
    Does it make a difference whether you use USB 2.0 or 1.1? Also, when I loaded ActiveSync, I had to choose whether or not to allow messaging/internet will syncing. Could that be a problem? I chose to do that, but I'm still at -500 while connected, so I suppose I'm alright. You might also make sure that your internet is disconnected while syncing.
    it depends what else is on causing overhead. A computer or powered hub is going to send 500 ma. your wall charger is going to send 1000 ma (one amp). so completely off the wall charger is going to charge twice as fast. But if the unit is on (and the action of plugging into the usb may turn on certain features by default) you are consuming and charging making the difference more pronounced.
    If you are consuming 250 ma while charging that is 300 ma for charging on usb vs 750 on wall charger. while slightly less than 3x 300:750 actually translates to more than 3x charging current for additional reasons

Most high capacity high need devices that charge by usb or wall/mains chargers charge three to four times faster by wall.