1.    #1  
    I have my email setup for Hotmail using the Windows Live / Outlook. Is there any way to remove the account if that is the only account setup? Or is there a way to turn off the polling so that I can send/receive only when I decide to?
    Last edited by paigoomein; 07/18/2008 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    I have my email setup for Hotmail using the Windows Live / Outlook. Is there any way to remove the account if that is the only account setup? Or is there a way to turn off the polling so that I can send/receive only when I decide to?
    To remove the account, go into windows live and then in the menu you can choose Account Options/Switch User...this will sign you out of the account and remove the account from Outlook.

Also in the menu is the Options where you can set the sync schedule to a specified time period, manual, or as items arrive.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    To remove the account, go into windows live and then in the menu you can choose Account Options/Switch User...this will sign you out of the account and remove the account from Outlook.

Also in the menu is the Options where you can set the sync schedule to a specified time period, manual, or as items arrive.
    weird. I have the sync turned off and set to manual, but it still notifies me of new messages. when I clear the password, it keeps popping up on my screen to have me sign in. is there not a way to be signed in, but not to have it check for new emails until I hit send/receive? or is there something defective with my installation?
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    weird. I have the sync turned off and set to manual, but it still notifies me of new messages. when I clear the password, it keeps popping up on my screen to have me sign in. is there not a way to be signed in, but not to have it check for new emails until I hit send/receive? or is there something defective with my installation?
    I would go through the switch user option to remove the account, then do a soft reset, then sign into windows live again with the manual poll settings. It sounds like it might be stuck on pushing...and this should fix that. I believe when you change the sync timing it sends a message to the live server of the settings...it sounds like the server still thinks you want it pushed.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    I would go through the switch user option to remove the account, then do a soft reset, then sign into windows live again with the manual poll settings. It sounds like it might be stuck on pushing...and this should fix that. I believe when you change the sync timing it sends a message to the live server of the settings...it sounds like the server still thinks you want it pushed.
    thx! will give that a try.