Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    When I pair my 800w with my Nissan Armada, it identifies itself with Owner Name. My Touch correctly identifies itself with Device Name.

Anyone else have this issue?

Oops - noticed I misspelled 'identifies' in thread title!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    same here. just paired it with my pioneer bluetooth radio and came up as owners name instead of device name. My touch also used the device name
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I've seen this too on my Pioneer head unit in my truck.
    ---Abort, Retry, Fail???

Palm III > Palm V > Sony Clie PEG-NR70/U > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Treo 800w > Palm Pre
    can any of you do voice dialing with your car's bluetooth?
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600 View Post
    can any of you do voice dialing with your car's bluetooth?
    Yes, works fine through my Nissan nav system.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Yes works fine for me too on my BMW 550 iDrive
    On the topic of carkit/bluetooth pairings....

I've got mine paired with an '07 BMW 328i, and have noticed some fairly odd address book downloading behaviour. I've come to discover that Treos typically only sync your speed dials, and not the whole address book. Mine seems to be doing just that.

I've also noticed that some non-speed dial address book entries (where I only have a last name defined as opposed to first and last) are also being transferred over, which I thought was pretty odd.

I guess I would rather the 800w did what most other WM phones seem to do - transfer the whole address book over.

Any similar thoughts or issues with this?

Thanks

Mark
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    Fixed it after some research (credit to xda-developers). Looks like the MS BT stack uses Owner Name, not Device ID, but you can manually change it.

Use a registry editor, go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\Settings, change 'LocalName' to name you want, soft reset, delete old pairing, re-pair.
    This is the same with my old 700wx.