Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I've been looking for a simple way to make notifications to repeat for missed calls, text messages, voicemail, and reminders. I've used PhoneAlarm in the past, but just wanted a simpler solution.

When searching, people just normally recommend PhoneAlarm however.

Of course, on the Sounds and Notifications pages, there is a greyed out option for Repeat. Seems like this is some that should work out of the box really. I found this page

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/0...indows-mobile/

and gave it a try. It does turn on the Repeat option and seems to work for text messages but nothing else. I've also noticed that when I revisit the registry, the key has changed from 4000000B to 40000019. Also, the text message notification sometimes goes off a few times after I've dismissed it.

Any thoughts? Be cool to get this working.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I usually use alarmPal (from Pocketmax, the same developer as PA). It's basically the repeat notification module from PA without the rest of the profile settings, etc. Works great. Normally.
    But, I think Bruce needs to see what Palm changed with the 800w, because it isn't working properly with alarmPal or phoneAlarm yet according to a few reports on the forums.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Thanks. Yeah I saw alarmPal but didn't really want to buy another app. However, looking at it again I think I'll give it a try since it really seems to be simple which is what I want.

However, I still think it would be great to get the built-in functionality working on the Treo. Just seems like it should do it and surely someone can find the necessary registry changes. I'm sure a lot of people would like this basic functionality w/o having to buy additional software.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Well I tried alarmpal and it doesn't seem to work. Seems like it just turns off the notifications.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yeah I've been keeping an eye on that thread and I tested it myself. Can it handle different sounds for different events(sms, email, etc)? Perhaps I overlooked it. This looks like a great app.
    Yep, handles sms, email, missed calls, voicemail and reminder alerts and you can configure on or off any of them.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Yep, handles sms, email, missed calls, voicemail and reminder alerts and you can configure on or off any of them.
    I see how you can turn them on and off, but you are saying you can have each of them use a different alert sound? If so I'll have to look at it more closely.

Thanks!
    I haven't added the feature to have different types of alerts per notification type yet. Others have asked for that too. It's on the to-do list.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I haven't added the feature to have different types of alerts per notification type yet. Others have asked for that too. It's on the to-do list.
    Excellent! Be happy to test that for you. I just can't understand why this feature doesn't just work when it's standard on any "dumbphone"
    One of the great feature to add to this would be able to soft reset the phone.