1.    #1  
    Not sure if this was already posted elsewhere, but I gave this a try after I read the EVDO Rev A thread (http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=167616) and how you can check the settings by dialing ##3836# (i.e., ##EVDO#).

I tried it for GPS and got to another screen. Enter ##477# (i.e., ##GPS#) on the dialpad and you get some interesting info. Unfortunately, that's about as technically savvy as I get, so hopefully this information will be useful to others to find out more about the device.
    I tried ##hotchicks## and didn't get any hot chicks.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Well, 'StandAlone' is an option in there.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    The options in settings is:

MS-assited
    MS-Based
    Standalone
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    The options in settings is:

MS-assited
    MS-Based
    Standalone
    would this setting be what would get the "my locations" feature in GoogleMaps to work?
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    would this setting be what would get the "my locations" feature in GoogleMaps to work?
    Maybe, I don't feel like fiddling with it though. The default setting seems to be Standalone, but when I turn on Pocket Navigator, then access the ##477# menu, in the device state it is not reading, but in Extended Device it says MS-Based.
    My GPS works great with Google Maps, Live Search, and of course Sprint Navigation right out of the box. It gets fixes in like a second or less... not kidding. I haven't tested it with the phone radio off/soft reset trick, but I could care less... This is the best GPS navigation phone I've ever had.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    no no no!

"My locations" is cell tower triangulation; there is NOTHING you or anyone here can do to enable it on our phones, no registry, no menus...nothing!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen View Post
    ... but I could care less... This is the best GPS navigation phone I've ever had.

Todd/Indy
    In full agreement with you, but I do like to track my progress on flights, and when I go out offshore fishing. Otherwise, I could care less.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Here are the screenies

GPS Settings Menu

Get GPS Position Screen

Get Device State Screen

Get Extended GPS Position Screen

Get Extended Device State Screen

GPS Settings Screen