1.    #1  
    Since getting my HP Tx2000 I have been using a very nice bluetooth feature with my HTC Kaiser/ AT&T Tilt, and I was wondering if its just my combination of devices, or a Vista and WM6.1 thing in general.

On my PC I have a My Bluetooth Places folder under Computer, and I can just place files in there, and they are copied over to my Tilt via bluetooth FTP (at around 100kb/sec)

Interestingly I do not need to have Enable bluetooth FTP or Enable File Sharing ticked under the bluetooth settings.

Is this a standard feature of Vista, or am I just very lucky?

Surur
    Yes I believe it has this feature. If no one else can I'll verify tonight at home but I believe Windows automatically set it up when I synced my phone.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I believe you can right click on the file you want to send, choose 'Send To', choose BT Device, find your device.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    I believe you can right click on the file you want to send, choose 'Send To', choose BT Device, find your device.
    Whats nice about this folder is that it works both ways - not only can you send files, but you can also copy it over from the phone. It like the activesync My Documents folder, but without the hassle of activesync.

Surur
    This may be common knowledge, but I'm new to WM. I just found this while trying to BT sync the 800.

-I paired the phone with my laptop (Vista)
    -Opened the "windows mobile device center"
    -Went to the 800 and opened ActiveSync
    -Selected Menu Soft key
    -Select the last option is "Connect via BT"
    -It takes a minute to connect, Once connected, it stays that way until you tell it to seperate.
    -Back on your laptop, 4 tabs show up in Windows Mobile Device Center. The third one is File management.
    -Mouse over it to get the "Browse the contents of your device"
    -A new window opens up to let you explore and file transfer to the 800 , all over bluetooth.
    hrm...I didn't think you could do that without the OBEX File Transfer. My 800w just has object push.