Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. davinwv's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am using a Plantronics Voyager 855 BT headset with my 800w. I just loaded some music on my 8GB MicroSDHC card, and the sound quality is horrible. I got much better quality on my 700wx with hannip's hack, albeit with a few skips.

    I have soft reset, deleted the pairing, and repaired, but it hasn't helped.

    I do remember a MortScript to change the streaming quality settings with hannip's hack. Would that work on the 800w?

    I am very disappointed as I expected to be even more satisfied with A2DP sound quality on a BT 2.0+EDR device than I was with a hacked solution on a BT1.2 device.
  2. davinwv's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
       #2  
    I answered my own question.

    The Mortscript works in WM6.1!!

    See this thread for details:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=a2dp.mscr

    hannip also mentioned in the Best Streaming App thread that factory bitpool is set to 30. I bumped mine up to 40 with no device performance hit, and to 48 with a slight performance hit. It sounds great now!!
    Last edited by davinwv; 07/18/2008 at 11:15 AM.
  3. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #3  
    Very cool to hear.
  4. nebj00la's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by davinwv View Post
    I answered my own question.

    The Mortscript works in WM6.1!!

    See this thread for details:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=a2dp.mscr

    hannip also mentioned in the Best Streaming App thread that factory bitpool is set to 30. I bumped mine up to 40 with no device performance hit, and to 48 with a slight performance hit. It sounds great now!!
    Thanks, this is awesome! It's the one thing I was almost going to complain about! Wow, the Treo 800w is great. I'm impressed.
  5. #5  
    One of the first reg changes I made on the 800w
  6. #6  
    Cool. Great it works.
  7. nebj00la's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    One of the first reg changes I made on the 800w
    What are the others?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nebj00la View Post
    What are the others?
    There is a sticky thread on many of the good reg hacks you can do. Check it out.
  9. nebj00la's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    There is a sticky thread on many of the good reg hacks you can do. Check it out.
    I found it, thanks.

    Also, I suggest the mods make this a sticky... I'm sure there are plenty of users who would like to listen to music from their 800w's.
  10. davinwv's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nebj00la View Post
    I found it, thanks.

    Also, I suggest the mods make this a sticky... I'm sure there are plenty of users who would like to listen to music from their 800w's.
    You can listen to music on the device fine right out of the box. It just sounds like crap because Palm chose the lowest bitpool setting!
  11. #11  
    Using my Moto S9's and Hannip's quality enhancement and gotta say....

    Also, using PTunes allows a "Volume boost" which I put up to 6+db and it still sounds great--plus that app gives you the ability to manipulate the equalizer, which helps.

    Not using corded again...never again, lol.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. lilboi's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by davinwv View Post
    I answered my own question.

    The Mortscript works in WM6.1!!

    See this thread for details:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=a2dp.mscr

    hannip also mentioned in the Best Streaming App thread that factory bitpool is set to 30. I bumped mine up to 40 with no device performance hit, and to 48 with a slight performance hit. It sounds great now!!

    I don't understand how this works. Care to explain? The thread doesn't really help.
    EDIT: I answered my own question. I need to read more carefully.
    Last edited by lilboi; 07/20/2008 at 04:36 PM.
  13. #13  
    I was super surprised with the A2DP quality yesterday. While out at various stores, I had my Motorola S9 on most of the day and my Treo in my hip holster. Quality was amazing, no stuttering, no bluetooth issues. One thing I like about the Treo over the Mogul is that you can turn the power off and the music will still play. Now, of course my battery drained quicker than normal due to continuous music and bluetooth (as well as bluetooth in the car while I was driving), but I got a respectable 5-6 hours out of it before it got real low and I popped in my spare battery. This is definitely my official portable music player.
  14. #14  
    Wow. Now this is why I love to hang out here. Solution at last. Although I must say that volume control is still issue. On Ptunes I still have to find a sweat spot where sound is loud enough and still good quality. But I must say "High Quality (bitpool 48)" make a big difference.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan View Post
    Wow. Now this is why I love to hang out here. Solution at last. Although I must say that volume control is still issue. On Ptunes I still have to find a sweat spot where sound is loud enough and still good quality. But I must say "High Quality (bitpool 48)" make a big difference.
    Can anyone say for sure if changing this will put a bigger stress on the battery?
  16. #16  
    Hey one question, how do you disconnect the particular bluetooth headphone on treo 800? Do I have to turn power of on headphone or is there an option that I can choose (like on headset while on call I can cancel bluetooth to send volume to treo while on call).
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  17. #17  
    What are the specific registry changes to make to boost A2DP up to 40 or even 48? I've read through the entire 6 page thread on registry tweeks but don't see this specific one.

    EDIT: nm, I found it.
    Last edited by Yirk; 07/20/2008 at 07:46 PM.
  18. nebj00la's Avatar
    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by davinwv View Post
    You can listen to music on the device fine right out of the box. It just sounds like crap because Palm chose the lowest bitpool setting!
    With the setting out of the box I would call it noise, not music!
  19. #19  
    I cannot open the file. have it in the right place but it is saying:

    "There is no application associated with "A2DP.mscr". Run the application first then open this file from within the application.
  20. dvd
    dvd is offline
    dvd's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tt3r View Post
    I cannot open the file. have it in the right place but it is saying:

    "There is no application associated with "A2DP.mscr". Run the application first then open this file from within the application.
    you must download mortscript


    http://pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1448
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions