Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I'm looking for a program or tweak that will allow me to close programs. I'm coming from POS, and i'm use to the programs closing rather then minimizing. I've tried HTC's X-button and i wasn't able to get it to work. I know there are some third party software out there but i only want one function, to close programs, nothing else.

Here's a link to the HTC X-button I was referring to:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=283658&page=8
    check out magic bar. works pretty damn good for me. It also lets you switch between open programs.
    Wisbar lite; hitting "okay" minimizes, holding okay closes.

Wisbar is a great task manager, robust which makes 1st time config a little tough- but otherwise just plain awesome.
    AE Pro is also a nice program and works perfect for me!
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    AE Button is what I am using. Again, a little tough to config at first, but there is a lot of options.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    All these programs, how do i choose? Any of you guys tried multiple ones?
    imho handyswither is pretty good.
    I meant AE Button, sorry guy's.
    Just use the built-in task manager (option-OK).
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Just use the built-in task manager (option-OK).
    It's not fast enough. I want to be able to close programs without having to run through steps.

I just installed AEButton and i'm impressed. You guys mind sharing your settings?
    Within 5 minutes of playing, i found it easy to set
    (OK): ALT-F4 (application switcher)
    Option+(OK): task manager (AE version)
    Last edited by lilboi; 07/19/2008 at 03:28 AM.
    Where's the option button?
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Option button is on the left side of keyboard (third one down, or the left of Z key).

I tried Option+OK, but it didn't seem to make a difference. It still left programs up and hidden. I would have been ok with that solution if I could get it to work.

K--
    there's a freeware app called "zap it!" that u can install and assign as your OK button--it'll close the app u are in when u hit ok...

i'd look it up but i'm mobile/lazy right now ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilboi View Post
    I know there are some third party software out there but i only want one function, to close programs, nothing else.
    While respectful of your "one function" criteria I'd suggest you consider Magic Button. http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx

It offers both a close & a minimize button for applications. And it allows you set the default "OK/Close" action for each application.

It also includes and *optional*, but very useful task switcher (optionally on the carrier line!), a "close all non-active" programs command, and a soft reset option. All of which you can turn off or ignore if you really only want a close only solution.

It's an amazing utility. And oh yeah... it's free.

Respectfully, Cedar
    Great little app but I'm not sure why somebody would need to close an app with all the memory free?
    No need to press the option button. Just press and hold the OK button, and it will launch task manager.

Cosmopilot
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmopilot View Post
    No need to press the option button. Just press and hold the OK button, and it will launch task manager.

Cosmopilot
    Nice. Thanks.
    This is what I use on the Mogul but I read it has resolution issue with the 800w.

Qmenu
    http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...menu-v2-7.html
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    QMenu does work on the 800, BUT there are some slight resolution issues. a few of the tiny icons are screwed up, but it is completely useable.

I've been using to close the open apps, but I would still like an "X closes the app button" kind of thing.

K--
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    QMenu does work on the 800, BUT there are some slight resolution issues. a few of the tiny icons are screwed up, but it is completely useable.

I've been using to close the open apps, but I would still like an "X closes the app button" kind of thing.

K--
    QuickMenu has a setting for "OK closes application." I use that if I want to close an application and just switch to another application using the start menu when I want it to stay open.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast