Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HButton is like AE Button Plus but 100% free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    QMenu does work on the 800, BUT there are some slight resolution issues. a few of the tiny icons are screwed up, but it is completely useable.

I've been using to close the open apps, but I would still like an "X closes the app button" kind of thing.

K--
    It worked yesterday but it seems to have disappeared today.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    It worked yesterday but it seems to have disappeared today.
    Sorry -- that was magicbutton. I could not install quickmenu.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    QuickMenu has a setting for "OK closes application." I use that if I want to close an application and just switch to another application using the start menu when I want it to stay open.
    This is correct. You can also set it close when you hit X. In the Options menu, go to General tab, where it says "X-button of screen:" you can select "Short-press to close, long to minimize".

Another way to close any running program in the background by hitting the window button for the qmenu drop down and down to the program you want to close and then press right on the dpad.

Qmenu is very versatile and IMO it is better than any other programs I've used.
    How do you install quickmenu? It downloads as a zip file but when it opens the .exe file will not run on the pc. Should I move the entire .exe file to the palm?
    Laissez Faire
    There is plenty of free memory in the 800w to keep the applications open. The 800w will start closing the applications itself if it runs low on memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    How do you install quickmenu? It downloads as a zip file but when it opens the .exe file will not run on the pc. Should I move the entire .exe file to the palm?
    The way I install it on the Mogul is to have the exe in the storage card and i run from there.
    I had no idea they stayed open until I checked Task Manager one day. I thought hitting "Ok" closed programs, and it DOESN'T. Guess I am learning new stuff everyday about WM.

I'm use to just hitting home on most programs in POS and it closes. So yea, a shortcut would be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    There is plenty of free memory in the 800w to keep the applications open. The 800w will start closing the applications itself if it runs low on memory.
    Yeah but the battery sux!
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Wisbar lite; hitting "okay" minimizes, holding okay closes.

Wisbar is a great task manager, robust which makes 1st time config a little tough- but otherwise just plain awesome.
    wisbar looks great! gonna check it out!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    +1 for Magic Button.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12