Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    serious wow i jus got my phone tonight and it boiled me up inside to SEE that palm took the STUPID way out on this one and put a centro battery on a high end evdo wifi gps enabled WINDOWS phone on top of that... what gives? seriously like phones like instinct which have GOOD battery life gave an EXTRA...and palm couldnt give an extra let alone a better battery?? are they seriously looking for trouble? I mean i could care less that the stylus is cheap cuz it doesnt effect performance but wow I had a centro n ONLY reason i returned it was battery would run out after 5 hours of moderate texting n some talking...do u think guys at this point if enough people buy n complain something WILL be done? or cause we know its palm n they dont give a dam?
    there's like...already threads on this topic.

it varies, is the short answer

my Centro's battery was just fine and so are the batteries for my 11 friends/co workers...

perhaps you need a umpc? lol

ps u sure this isn't "the last nail in the coffin" for Palm? that's a popular one
  3.    #3  
    haha nah i dont mean it like that but its just so DUMB to do this
    Could I care less, or couldn't I care less?

If I was to say; "I could care less" - it would mean that I haven't reached the fullest lack of care, I could still care even less.

But, if I were to say; "I couldn't care less" - it would mean that I have reach the fullest lack of care. I couldn't care any less.
    Just call me Berd.
    battery is fine... i listen to mp3s for hours and use the phone normally with plenty of web use all day... a few calls... make it through to the end of the day without a problem. i consider myself an above average user and its NO problem.

This post belongs in the trash. Return it and save yourself from complaining about it later.
    I went to my local sprint store today looking for a spare centro battery that I could use in the 800. They said they had plenty in the back, when someone returns a centro they keep the battery. He had quite a large stack and just gave me one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimh2000 View Post
    I went to my local sprint store today looking for a spare centro battery that I could use in the 800. They said they had plenty in the back, when someone returns a centro they keep the battery. He had quite a large stack and just gave me one.
    That is so cool.
    Just call me Berd.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tt3r View Post
    battery is fine... i listen to mp3s for hours and use the phone normally with plenty of web use all day... a few calls... make it through to the end of the day without a problem. i consider myself an above average user and its NO problem.

This post belongs in the trash. Return it and save yourself from complaining about it later.
    I hope u never complain about anything at all on this site otherwise you should go return it too, MORON
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    I hope u never complain about anything at all on this site otherwise you should go return it too, MORON
    Thanks,
    Now I can go to bed with a grin.

That was perfect.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by b3tt3r View Post
    This post belongs in the trash.
    No it doesn't. This is targeted towards businesses. They will run ActiveSync Exchange. And the results will not be good.
    Like I have a question for the OP, cause like I would like to know....

If the Centro battery was such a problem for you, why did you get a 800 dubya with the same battery?
    I personally think it's a smart move for Palm. If they do decide to release an extended battery, then it will work for both the Centro and the 800w--only need to make a different battery cover for each.
    So far the battery life on my seems pretty on par with my Mogul so I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Worst case senerio you'll be able to get a very slightly bigger battery that can fit in the existing case or an extended battery with a slight bump.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Could I care less, or couldn't I care less?

If I was to say; "I could care less" - it would mean that I haven't reached the fullest lack of care, I could still care even less.

But, if I were to say; "I couldn't care less" - it would mean that I have reach the fullest lack of care. I couldn't care any less.
    +1

This is my biggest pet peeve.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    ... it would mean that I have reach the fullest lack of care...
    Perhaps when correcting people, you should proof read your correction to make sure that your verbs are properly conjugated.

I was thinking the exact same thing! For me, it's similar to when people use the word "irregardless", or say "reverse discrimination"...

Just kinda funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    No it doesn't. This is targeted towards businesses. They will run ActiveSync Exchange. And the results will not be good.
    Exactly correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    ps u sure this isn't "the last nail in the coffin" for Palm? that's a popular one
    Malatesta. Your posts are very helpful and informed. But I have to disagree with your belittling of the battery life question. It is a serious problem.

I also don't get the last nail in the coffin comment. Palm has in fact been throughly murdered and gone form absolute dominance on business smartphones to a paltry, hanging by a thread, market share.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    So far the battery life on my seems pretty on par with my Mogul so I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Worst case senerio you'll be able to get a very slightly bigger battery that can fit in the existing case or an extended battery with a slight bump.
    a) WTF on the constant mention of mogul which is nearly unmatched ion its atrocious battery life. Why not compare it to the BB curve which has three times the battery life comes form a much more popular line of smartphones?

On the second point, the worst case scenario is due to paltry market share these batteries will come very late and be very expensive.

I don't agree with the tone of the OP but I think a number of people here are underestimating the drawback of the poor battery on the 800w to both the users and palm
    Quote Originally Posted by jrtesq View Post
    +1

This is my biggest pet peeve.
    Mine is the rampant use of apostrophes when making a noun plural, but that one is pretty high on my list, too.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    a) WTF on the constant mention of mogul which is nearly unmatched ion its atrocious battery life. Why not compare it to the BB curve which has three times the battery life comes form a much more popular line of smartphones?
    Why would I compare it to phones I've never used? I owned a Mogul for over a year and use that as a baseline. Even though the Mogul has a larger bettery and same OS, the Mogul fairs worse so I think the Treo is well made at least compared to the Mogul in terms of battery usage.
    On the second point, the worst case scenario is due to paltry market share these batteries will come very late and be very expensive.
    Where do you get extended batteries from? They usually come out within a month of the phone's debut and they're usually not much more than the standard battery.

At least that has been my experience with every extended battery I have purchased.
    I don't agree with the tone of the OP but I think a number of people here are underestimating the drawback of the poor battery on the 800w to both the users and palm
    I understand this and wish a larger battery was put into the device but I don't think it's quite a bad as many make it out to be.
    What a rant. The battery life on my 800W is better than the other 3 WM phones I had (though I got rid of them after 1 week). You want thin? You get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    serious wow i jus got my phone tonight and it boiled me up inside to SEE that palm took the STUPID way out on this one and put a centro battery on a high end evdo wifi gps enabled WINDOWS phone on top of that... what gives? seriously like phones like instinct which have GOOD battery life gave an EXTRA...and palm couldnt give an extra let alone a better battery?? are they seriously looking for trouble? I mean i could care less that the stylus is cheap cuz it doesnt effect performance but wow I had a centro n ONLY reason i returned it was battery would run out after 5 hours of moderate texting n some talking...do u think guys at this point if enough people buy n complain something WILL be done? or cause we know its palm n they dont give a dam?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    You want thin? You get what you want.
    Who wants thin? I think the thin was probably an obsession of the marketing people at Palm who want to go up against sexier looking devices.

Again the difference between the battery choose and one with 70% more capacity would have resulted in perhaps a mere 10% increase in the wight and size of the device overall.

As we all should know the battery will slowly decrease in charged maximum capacity so the problem will get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Why would I compare it to phones I've never used? I owned a Mogul for over a year and use that as a baseline..
    Opps I thought I had read htc Touch. the Mogul does have a longer battery life. longer than the 800w as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast