Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was flying to Hawaii today.2 hours internet ,boarded plane turned off connection for 5 hours and used the music player for 3 hours.
    Turned phone back on in Hawaii and have taken 4 or 5 calls, checked email,and now browsing again with 8 percent left.
    Not bad if it can last an entire day without a recharge.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    I was flying to Hawaii today.2 hours internet ,boarded plane turned off connection for 5 hours and used the music player for 3 hours.
    Turned phone back on in Hawaii and have taken 4 or 5 calls, checked email,and now browsing again with 8 percent left.
    I have to admit, although the jury is still out, my battery life does seem to be getting better also. Initially I was losing approximately 10% an hour. I did the registry tweaks, turned off everything that might be draining the battery, an shut down the "Look for WiFi whenever on" setting. I am still using exchange push mail. Now it seems as if I am only losing 3-4% an hour with the same amount of use.
    what tweaks are there for obtaining better battery life
    Took my phone off the charger at 8:30 AM and at 2:30 PM right now I'm 50%. So I just put it on the charger to kick it up a few. Had 45 minute call with Bluetooth, checked several email and about 10 minutes of web browsing. I hope mine gets better.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    yea I don't know man..if mine doesn't improve im going to have to break down and get one of those ugly battery extenders..
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    yea I don't know man..if mine doesn't improve im going to have to break down and get one of those ugly battery extenders..
    I hear you...

Here is one that I found for a pretty good price:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    I hear you...

Here is one that I found for a pretty good price:
    Now THAT was funny!

On a more serious note, I left home for a customer appointment around 9AM this morning with a fully charged phone. Talked on the phone for 35 minutes on the way to the meeting. IM'ed on MS Communicator to some of my coworkers while waiting to meet the customer for about 5 minutes. Met with the customer for about an hour and drove back to the office. It's now around 12 noon and I have 64% battery left. This is all while having Exchange Sync on in the back ground.

With the Treo 700p, I never had to worry or watch the battery level. I think I'm going to be have be more watchful with the 800w.

Tae
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Took my phone off the charger at 8:30 AM and at 2:30 PM right now I'm 50%. So I just put it on the charger to kick it up a few. Had 45 minute call with Bluetooth, checked several email and about 10 minutes of web browsing. I hope mine gets better.
    Heh VibrantRedGT -

Seems as if you really hated this baby the first day or two you had it (great thread BTW on the Sprint CS call ).

Was just wondering if you're liking it a lot better now that you've had it a while. Do you think you'll keep it or give it back?

I'd be coming from a 3-year-old Treo 650. Think I ought to get one?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    I left for a meeting at 7:30 with a full charge. When I came back at 4:30 I had 15% left. Obviously there is some battery hog that we haven't recognized that is causing these sweeping differences. I'm going to turn off Resco Explorer's today screen meters and XCast and see if it makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by SidePocket View Post
    Heh VibrantRedGT -

Seems as if you really hated this baby the first day or two you had it (great thread BTW on the Sprint CS call ).

Was just wondering if you're liking it a lot better now that you've had it a while. Do you think you'll keep it or give it back?

I'd be coming from a 3-year-old Treo 650. Think I ought to get one?
    Im a big Palm fan. Loved the 700wx. I actually do like this phone but the two things killing me is the crappy battery and the low muffled quality of the earpiece. Since replying to this thread a few hours ago I charged the battery at 2.30 and 4 hours later back down to 50 percent. Man this really blows if I have to charge this phone 2 to 3 times a day. Another chat to Palm support Robert and this time may not be as nice.
    yeah skfny, that's a problem here as everyone is running different apps, plugins and 'net programs, so it's sort of difficult to gauge, especially if something is acting extraordinary

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Do any of you guys have the screen saver enabled? From my experience, when I turned it off I got much better battery life. I didn't want to disable it but it definitely improved my battery life.
    I shut mine off...

Sorry to repost, but in case a number of people didn't see the following I thought it prudent to repost it in this thread. I'm not saying the below is 100% proof that the screen saver is a battery drainer, but I think it's some indication that it could be killing the battery (by as much as 40% faster rate over idle). If I get some time this weekend I'm going to run more tests, but anyone else that wants to is welcome to...

-----

Being curious about this, I've performed a somewhat unscientific (but arguably more so than your battery pull) test.

I tested with no applications running, push-active but none received during tests, no wireless on, no phone calls, etc. -- essentially identical usage conditions for an hour or so.

I checked the mAH used, powered the screen off and started timing for 25 minutes. I then performed this exact same test with the screen saver enabled and then with it disabled. I checked the used mah at the end of each test and divided by time to obtain the mAH /minute used.

Here are my results:

Screen saver enabled: .52 mAH / minute
    Screen saver disabled: .31 mAH / minute

Given these numbers, there's a definite difference in power drain with and without the screen saver.

I invite others to carefully recreate the experiment and post their results.
    You guys are really getting spectacular and unbelievable battery life. I use my Bluetooth headset alot and am lucky to get 2 hours of talk in before I have to recharge. My HTC Touch seemed to do much better with battery life. Hopefully Seidio will come out with a nice extended battery that replaces this crappy battery door that is impossible to remove.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I just got my 800w, and it lasted about 20 hours of moderate use. I unplugged it before I went to bed at midnight, and by 6am it had only drained 7%. Throughout the day I browsed the web for 15 minutes, talked for about 30 mins, sent about 15 texts, played w/GPS for about 10 mins, and had MobiPush e-mail set up. However, today I installed Seven push e-mail (disabled MobiPush) and it drained my battery about 40% in less than 2 hours. After uninstalling Seven my battery life returned to how it was yesterday.
    Its 8.30 pm EST and I am on charge number 2. Down to 30 percent right now. This is so pathetic. I love this phone but the battery life is worse than the crappy PPC6700 Apache back in 2006. I love the size of this phone and don't really want the extended battery hump, it looks ridiculous. What are we going to do? I am heavy user and that is not going to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    yeah skfny, that's a problem here as everyone is running different apps, plugins and 'net programs, so it's sort of difficult to gauge, especially if something is acting extraordinary
    I should probably know this, but is there a way to export a list of all installed apps? (export the "remove apps" list since that seems comprehensive).
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I should probably know this, but is there a way to export a list of all installed apps? (export the "remove apps" list since that seems comprehensive).
    SkTools can, under "Installed Programs" there is an option for "Save to list"...

here's mine
    Attached Files Attached Files

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    ...im seriously debating about returning this phone and get a blackberry. I absolutely love this phone and it is by far better tha the treo 700...just that battery. I don't like having to be so conscious of how I use my phone and how much battery life I have. last charge was at 1 and it is now 11 pm and I have 6 percent...and I don't think I could say I used it all that extensive..
    one thing i notice no one really speaks about with the battery is

today mine was at around 20% or so, i charged it at work, it was done charging in about 40 minutes? maybe an hour or so tops. So while it may run out quick,atleast it charges fast....

i know, i know, it doesnt make your situation any better, but for some people it may matter. For me to charge my phone 40 minutes to an hour is not a big deal at all...esp. if you have a car charger involved in the mix.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast