1.    #1  
    Hey guys I was just wondering if there is any way to make the programs and stuff display in a list view like in the Palm OS system or are the big pictures the only options.
    Thanks
    I have looked high/low for this.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Yeah, being a Palm convert as well, there sure has to be a better setting than the monstrosity icons on that screen...........
    you do know you can type a letter and it will jump you down to the icons that start with that letter right? That should speed up your search for programs.

The file explorer will give you a list view if you really want that.
    \windows\start menu\programs
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    you do know you can type a letter and it will jump you down to the icons that start with that letter right? That should speed up your search for programs.

The file explorer will give you a list view if you really want that.
    \windows\start menu\programs
    yes I'm well aware of this but its still stuped that I can see like 4 icons when on palm i could see like 20 in the list view. I really hope there is some way to change this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    yes I'm well aware of this but its still stuped that I can see like 4 icons when on palm i could see like 20 in the list view. I really hope there is some way to change this.
    I am surprised that there isn't an easy way to do this yet seeing that WM has typically provided the list/icon view option for the menus.
    I am not sure if this could help you, the new Winterface from VITO Technology.

http://iwindowsmobile.com/vito-mobile-shell.html

Last edited by superman26; 07/18/2008 at 02:45 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    I am surprised that there isn't an easy way to do this yet seeing that WM has typically provided the list/icon view option for the menus.
    ya me too I find it amazing that when you click on programs that there is no File menu on top where you could just change this.
    I, too, came to WM from Palm.

I use Pocket Plus to create an interface similar to what I used to use on Palm.

It took some doing for me to get it set up right, but I ended up with something fairly similar to my old Palm tabbed interface (LauncherX)

This is a 700WX screen shot. It is not yet supported on 320x320 screens (like the 800W). I imagine it will look even better on the 800W, and maybe even let more icons show up. You can also get more icons per tab if you leave off the labels.

Try Quickmenu.
    I think this will work for me.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Try Quickmenu.
    hmm this is actually not to bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Try Quickmenu.
    I installed this and dig it, but some of the icons are screwed up (personal, system, connections), is this a glitch with the program? Anyone able to put quick menu on with these icons working correctly?

Edit: Icons did eventually show up in those spots, but they appear to be just random - Hibernate is the Sprint TV icon. Anyone know if these can be changed?
    Last edited by AS329; 07/19/2008 at 06:00 PM.
    I too am intereted in this.
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Go forth and DIE!!" - Nathan Explosion
    Since this thread revived I bring up a question I had here as it is related.

I like QuickMenu, but with so many apps and stuff on my 800 now, I have three full pages of programs to scroll through. What I thought about doing was creating seven folders in Programs, fill the folders with the programs I want (for instance one for System, that included the regedit, soft reset, etc, one for Media to put TV, Ptunes, WMP, one for Maps with Gmaps, WL and Sprint Nav) and then simply put those folders in my start menu so I could just scroll through the folders and have the sub menus hold the programs. That way, I could probably access everything I need without having to scroll through a few pages of my programs. And the programs would be organized by type, not alphabetically, making getting to WMP a little quicker since I can just go to its folder and not three pages of programs (since its last). (Hope this makes sense...)

I started to do this last night, made an Internet folder, moved Opera into it (the Java icon anyway) and started to move PIE into it and got a message that moving the program could cause problems with other programs. I kept the Opera program in there, set the folder to appear in the Start Menu and it worked fine. I didn't want to start moving other programs however until I knew I wasn't going to mess things up.

So my question is: will it cause problems if I start moving stuff around and if so, how do I do it without causing problems? Any ideas?

Thanks.

And FWIW the QuickMenu icons still come and go, sometimes after a restart I get clean, but random icons and sometimes I get the screwed up ones
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Since this thread revived I bring up a question I had here as it is related.

I like QuickMenu, but with so many apps and stuff on my 800 now, I have three full pages of programs to scroll through. What I thought about doing was creating seven folders in Programs, fill the folders with the programs I want (for instance one for System, that included the regedit, soft reset, etc, one for Media to put TV, Ptunes, WMP, one for Maps with Gmaps, WL and Sprint Nav) and then simply put those folders in my start menu so I could just scroll through the folders and have the sub menus hold the programs. That way, I could probably access everything I need without having to scroll through a few pages of my programs. And the programs would be organized by type, not alphabetically, making getting to WMP a little quicker since I can just go to its folder and not three pages of programs (since its last). (Hope this makes sense...)

I started to do this last night, made an Internet folder, moved Opera into it (the Java icon anyway) and started to move PIE into it and got a message that moving the program could cause problems with other programs. I kept the Opera program in there, set the folder to appear in the Start Menu and it worked fine. I didn't want to start moving other programs however until I knew I wasn't going to mess things up.

So my question is: will it cause problems if I start moving stuff around and if so, how do I do it without causing problems? Any ideas?

Thanks.

And FWIW the QuickMenu icons still come and go, sometimes after a restart I get clean, but random icons and sometimes I get the screwed up ones
    1. I have the same icon issue..I've just learned to ignore it

2. First, create folders with the hierarchy you want. Use shortcuts instead of moving the actual program. To create shortcuts, use File Explorer to go to the Programs folder. Highlight the program and copy it (Menu > Edit or use the context menu). Then go to the place you want the shortcut and go to Menu > Edit > Paste Shortcut.
    After you setup your whole folder hierarchy go to the QuickMenu settings, then the "Menu Items" tab. On the bottom check the "Custom programs folder" checkbox. Click on the "..." button (to the right of the textbox) and navigate to your custom folder, click OK and thats it! The "Programs" folder be replaced with your custom one.

Hope this was clear, if not let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by yohaas View Post
    1. I have the same icon issue..I've just learned to ignore it

2. First, create folders with the hierarchy you want. Use shortcuts instead of moving the actual program. To create shortcuts, use File Explorer to go to the Programs folder. Highlight the program and copy it (Menu > Edit or use the context menu). Then go to the place you want the shortcut and go to Menu > Edit > Paste Shortcut.
    After you setup your whole folder hierarchy go to the QuickMenu settings, then the "Menu Items" tab. On the bottom check the "Custom programs folder" checkbox. Click on the "..." button (to the right of the textbox) and navigate to your custom folder, click OK and thats it! The "Programs" folder be replaced with your custom one.

Hope this was clear, if not let me know.
    Seems clear - I'll try it out, didn't even think to use shortcuts....so instead of actually moving the icon, I am actually just copying the icon and when I paste it elsewhere, it is a shortcut to the program - is that what you're saying?

Thanks, I'll post later and let you know if it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    so instead of actually moving the icon, I am actually just copying the icon and when I paste it elsewhere, it is a shortcut to the program - is that what you're saying?
    That's exactly it.
    Quote Originally Posted by yohaas View Post
    That's exactly it.
    Worked out well - now does anyone know if I can change the folder icons to other icons that are more representative of the folder content?

Thanks Yohaas!
    Wisbar has a nice cascading menu feature as well.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Came across this a while back, was kinda buggy, but it seems like what you are looking for:

http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJSmallIconsII