View Poll Results: Was the Rev. A box checked for you (##EVDO#)?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was checked.

    8 7.92%
  • No, it was not.

    93 92.08%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 158
  1. #61  
    My tests, all 1MB:
    Force 1X:
    110 kbps, 1.4s
    Automatic, no Rev A:
    480 kbps, .4s
    Automatic, Rev A enabled:
    470 kbps, .2s

    These values are rounded from testing several times. Apparently for my location Rev A is mostly important in that it halves latency. I will test further in a 6 bar location. I get about 1 to 2 bars in my room where I tested.


    Has anyone noticed that when running in Opera 9.5b that the progress bar starts fast and slows down gradually and annoyingly? Must be some speed boost stuff they use.
  2. #62  
    Why do I keep getting errors so that I'm unable to get into this screen from the dial pad?

    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
  3. #63  
    Okay, nevermind.. it worked finally. Just had to close Dial Pad after I got the errors and the prompts was hiding behind.
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterXtreme View Post
    Okay, nevermind.. it worked finally. Just had to close Dial Pad after I got the errors and the prompts was hiding behind.
    Or you can close the prompts and use the task manager to switch to the configuration screen behind the dial pad.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    Automatic, no Rev A:
    480 kbps, .4s
    Automatic, Rev A enabled:
    470 kbps, .2s

    Apparently for my location Rev A is mostly important in that it halves latency.
    That's an excellent point.

    If it doesn't change the speed, but halves the latency, it's likely that it's NOT actually running full Rev. A.



    Can more people in Rev. A areas run tests and check latency?
  6. #66  
    Hmmm I did this and I wasn't able to receive incoming calls. Does that happen to you guys?
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by squares View Post
    Hmmm I did this and I wasn't able to receive incoming calls. Does that happen to you guys?
    If you read the thread you can see that it has been answered many times.
  8.    #68  
    Bump. No one else can test latency?
  9. #69  
    EVDO A Wasn't checked. 1MB download test result after enabling it:

    Attempt1
    634 kbps
    0.267s latency

    Attempt2
    491 kbps
    0.277s latency
  10.    #70  
    Were both those attempts with Rev. A checked?
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Was yours checked?

    If you checked yours, does it make a difference (mobile speed test)?

    Please post results.

    For speed test: http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed

    Use the 1MB file for the most accurate results.

    Here are my results:

    Rev a Unchecked - 1MB file:

    460 it/sec
    0.468s latency
    18.247 s d/l time

    Rev a Checked - 1MB file:

    497 kbit/sec
    .307s latency
    16.762 d/l time


    Multiple tests are hit and miss as far as degree of difference.
  12.    #72  
    Any wireless is going to be very unstable, so multiple tests are pretty much required.

    It still seemed to have improved it for you.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Any wireless is going to be very unstable, so multiple tests are pretty much required.

    It still seemed to have improved it for you.
    True, yet not at true Rev A speeds. Since I am (supposedly) in a rev A area I should be experiencing between 600-1400 kbit/sec...right?
  14.    #74  
    That could be due to the HA you're using. You can change it under ##DATA# if you know your MSL.

    I haven't played with it yet.
  15. #75  
    couldn't you test for upload by tethering it to a computer?
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That could be due to the HA you're using. You can change it under ##DATA# if you know your MSL.

    I haven't played with it yet.
    You lost me there....
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    You lost me there....
    Google: Primary HA data sprint
  18. #78  
    NYC Manhattan

    automatic and checked
    594 kbit/sec
    .477s latency
    14.125 d/l time

    Prior being checked, i was getting around 300 kbit
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by mintedcoin View Post
    NYC Manhattan

    automatic and checked
    594 kbit/sec
    .477s latency
    14.125 d/l time

    Prior being checked, i was getting around 300 kbit
    You're still not getting RevA--probably just not in coverage, believe it or not.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Google: Primary HA data sprint
    Wow...a whole new area of study for me.....

    Looks like the 800w is already programed to connect to the nearest HA using the 255.255.255.255 method....

    I am in the Phoenix area, and should have no problem getting Rev A around here.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions