View Poll Results: Was the Rev. A box checked for you (##EVDO#)?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was checked.

8 7.92%
  • No, it was not.

93 92.08%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    My check box stays saved.

Some people have reported they have to check it a second time to get it to stick.

I even just soft reset my phone to verify it sticks.

Hmm....I need to track down a mobile upload speed test....
    yup, right as usual ebags...

I jjust re-checked (ha!) and it stuck

still very interesting stuff...i'm impressed with the technical skillz of users this forum (phone?) attracts!
    mine stuck. Only had to do it once.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    These were all done at dslreports.com/mspeed with the 1MB test with no registry tweaks.

PC "Basic DSL Up to 768 Kbps Downstream" on Opera 9.51:

1122 kbit/sec
    884 kbit/sec
    792 kbit/sec
    870 kbit/sec

800w before on Opera 9.5 Beta:
    601 kbit/sec
    268 kbit/sec
    284 kbit/sec
    232 kbit/sec

800w after on Opera 9.5 Beta:
    243 kbit/sec
    262 kbit/sec
    252 kbit/sec
    240 kbit/sec

800w before on PIE*:
    568 kbit/sec
    405 kbit/sec
    526 kbit/sec
    482 kbit/sec

800w after on PIE:
    513 kbit/sec
    546 kbit/sec
    487 kbit/sec
    547 kbit/sec

PC via PDAnet before changes (Opera 9.51):
    393 kbit/sec
    435 kbit/sec
    433 kbit/sec
    411 kbit/sec

PC via PDAnet after changes (Opera 9.51):
    478 kbit/sec
    637 kbit/sec
    497 kbit/sec
    566 kbit/sec

800w service bars:
    0-1 bar increase after checking Rev A.

*I made these same tests earlier today which consistantly hit 600-1000 kbit/sec.
    Last edited by tli415; 07/18/2008 at 03:17 AM.
    I just checked the box and hit 1016 kbps. It has been a long long time sine I have seen 1 mbps +.
    I don't think it makes a difference -- except draining the battery faster. Just like changing the roaming setting to force Sprint-only coverage, the radio will use more power to find/lock the specified coverage.

My theory: If you have Rev-A coverage and the setting is 'Automatic', then you will get Rev-A. Mine is unchecked and I routinely get ~800 kbps + (sometimes topping 1 Mbps) speeds when I am in the city.
    Appreciate this finding. I'll have to test out the new speeds once I get out of work.
    my phone keeps giving me errors when i type in ##3836#... i can't even get into the mode.

anyone else having this problem or have any idea how i can get around it? i tried a soft reset and that didn't help...
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
    I ran the 1MB test:

840 kbit/sec 0.202s latency 9.928s d/l time
    972 k/bitsec 0.272s latency 8.692s d/l time

I have not done any tweaks to my phone. I did enable the EVDO like the OP showed.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    mine stuck. Only had to do it once.
    Same here.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterXtreme View Post
    my phone keeps giving me errors when i type in ##3836#... i can't even get into the mode.

anyone else having this problem or have any idea how i can get around it? i tried a soft reset and that didn't help...
    You should be able to hit OK twice (once for each box) and get in.
    Interesting. EVDO-A was unchecked for me as well.

To those who said they think it uses EVDO-A automatically with it unchecked, I believe that to be incorrect. The automatic setting is for using either EVDO or 1xRTT (rather than forcing one or the other). I would suggest checking it so it would automatically use EVDO-A when available.

I work in Baltimore City and there is tons of EVDO-A around here and now everything seems quicker on my phone
    Before checking:
    around 300 kbit/sec
    after checking:
    around 300 kbit/sec
    after checking and a soft reset:
    around 450 kbit/sec

....seems to have helped.
    Mine was unchecked but my 1MB speed test yesterday was about 900. I'll find out what it gets with the box checked on my next smoke break
    hey guys...can you receive a phone call with the rev A enabled?
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    hey guys...can you receive a phone call with the rev A enabled?
    Are you having issues receiving calls? EVDO-A is en enhancement to EVDO and shouldn't change anything like call reception.
    yea, i changed it to rev A...and then i tried to call my phone just to make sure it worked..and it just rings and rings. I can make a phone call from my phone though. ANd i have gone back and changed it back and took rev a off and it still does it...so i do not know if my phone was having these issues before or the rev a did something?
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    yea, i changed it to rev A...and then i tried to call my phone just to make sure it worked..and it just rings and rings. I can make a phone call from my phone though. ANd i have gone back and changed it back and took rev a off and it still does it...so i do not know if my phone was having these issues before or the rev a did something?
    I just tested this with EVDO-A enabled and it works fine for me. Maybe an issue with your phone or signal?
    Works fine for me with the switch. I was about to call myself when my phone started receiving an incoming call.
    Sounds like you're making a trip to the Sprint store...
    well it was the weirdest thing. I went and soft reset and i changed the rev A a couple of times and didn't do anything...and then the last time i did it..it now allows me to receive phone calls...weird...who knows
    875 kbit/sec with only two bars!
    from 400/500

major difference
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast