Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I have my backlight set to dim after 1 min, and power to go off after 2 (on battery power). Never has happened, and this is on my 2nd Treo 800. What am I doing wrong?
  2. #2  
    I have the same problem.


    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I have my backlight set to dim after 1 min, and power to go off after 2 (on battery power). Never has happened, and this is on my 2nd Treo 800. What am I doing wrong?
  3. #3  
    Ditto.

    It *DOES* seem to auto power off sometimes. I think. Maybe the power button is just getting bumped...

    But most of the time it won't turn off.
  4.    #4  
    It's like I get one thing working on this phone, and another problem pops up. LOL. I can't win for losing.
  5. #5  
    Aside from the expected software issues (which is not really Palm's fault and thus cannot be considered a bug with the phone)....

    I'm really only aware of two (what I would consider) serious actual bugs with this phone.

    1) The stand-alone GPS.
    2) This issue.

    I'd call that pretty dang good.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Aside from the expected software issues (which is not really Palm's fault and thus cannot be considered a bug with the phone)....

    I'm really only aware of two (what I would consider) serious actual bugs with this phone.

    1) The stand-alone GPS.
    2) This issue.

    I'd call that pretty dang good.
    What about BT voice dialing?
    Or muffled sound quality?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdave View Post
    What about BT voice dialing?
    Or muffled sound quality?
    BT voice dialing was never advertised as a feature, so you can hardly claim it's a bug. Especially since exactly zero other Palm devices support it.


    Muffled sound quality may be an issue. Both the 650's and the 700wx's seemed to have some production issues where quite a few handsets were somehow...off....and had the muffled sound problem. After a few months of production, the issue appeared to disappear, except for the occasional person who got a refurbed phone as a replacement. It's part of being an early adopter, but you often don't get all the benefits that someone would who picked up a phone late in it's life cycle (think 700w vs 700wx).

    Besides, I'm not convinced yet that the sound quality isn't due to user error (yeah, you can quite easily screw up the sound quality based on the way you hold the phone ) or the issues that the 800w appears to have when it has poor signal or jumps towers. The second (potential) issue may actually lie on Sprint's end with how the handle the 800w's signal, and may be a problem with Sprint's towers/servers rather than the phone itself. No way to really test that, at least until other carriers start offering the phone.
  8.    #8  
    ok no hijacking lol! If someone familiar with the registry can see if this can be addressed I'd be grateful.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    BT voice dialing was never advertised as a feature, so you can hardly claim it's a bug. Especially since exactly zero other Palm devices support it.


    Muffled sound quality may be an issue. Both the 650's and the 700wx's seemed to have some production issues where quite a few handsets were somehow...off....and had the muffled sound problem. After a few months of production, the issue appeared to disappear, except for the occasional person who got a refurbed phone as a replacement. It's part of being an early adopter, but you often don't get all the benefits that someone would who picked up a phone late in it's life cycle (think 700w vs 700wx).

    Besides, I'm not convinced yet that the sound quality isn't due to user error (yeah, you can quite easily screw up the sound quality based on the way you hold the phone ) or the issues that the 800w appears to have when it has poor signal or jumps towers. The second (potential) issue may actually lie on Sprint's end with how the handle the 800w's signal, and may be a problem with Sprint's towers/servers rather than the phone itself. No way to really test that, at least until other carriers start offering the phone.
    Well I had both the 650p and 700w the day they came out, and their voice quality was far superior to my 800w. It might not be happening on everyone's phone, but it's definitely not user error... hoping a new one will fix. Don't really care much about voice dialing, but pretty rediculous that they dont have this working by now.

    Back to the original post. What is the problem you are having? Mine seems to work fine. My settings:

    Backlight:
    -Turn off backlight if device is not used for 1 minute
    Power:
    -Turn off device if not used for 1 minute

    With these settings, my phone dims after 30 seconds, and then goes to screen saver (which i enabled) after 1 minute. Still not sure why it dims after 30 seconds. Where are you seeing the dim control function?
  10. #10  
    do you have any programs running when you have the power off issue?
    On my 700wx if I have Google maps running on the screen mine wont power off.

    I'm so used to just pressing the power button anyway I doubt I would notice on an 800w myself.. not that it shouldn't work of course, just commenting.
  11. #11  
    Check my post in the tweaks thread, try running a program called PMclean and see if it makes any difference. If not, I may have another idea.
  12.    #12  
    Hey, I ran it, and for the love of god, it worked!!! My phone now shuts off! I set it to clean every day at 6am. I didn't do a soft reset either so I won't set it to do that. I'm very happy; thanks!!!
  13.    #13  
    If anyone has OneNote 2007 perhaps you can diagnose this for me.

    Whenever I sync items from the phone to desktop, the desktop makes a new section for the notes, so I end up having several dozen section tabs, all with the same notes, and one having the newest notes.

    Also, I am constantly getting (on the desktop) a cache error that makes me delete the cache and reopen OneNote.

    I'd really like to use OneNote over the Outlook Notes for meetings, etc. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. I tried for hours before posting.
  14. #14  
    I installed PMclean and ran it but strangley I had the opposite effect. My internet was slow. and I couldn't stop it by hitting the stop button and another strange thing. all my pictres would not showup showing the pictures in the app that you get the thunbnails of the pics.
    so I restored my de vice and its back to normal.Did I do sometthing wrong. I clicked everybox on PMClean and ran it?
  15. #15  
    what exactly is PM clean?

Posting Permissions