Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    This may seem like a silly question, just wondered if putting the 800w in a pocket without anything else in that pocket, if anyone has scratched up their Treo 800w or not. I didn't know how susceptible it is to being scratched.

I was going to order a cheap temporary case and screen protector until a good one from Seidio comes out. In the meantime I was hoping to get the phone and activate it and bring it to work.

Anyone that have it know if the material gets scratched easily?

Thanks, any recommendations would be great,

~J
    I typically try to keep mine in the pocket that doesn't have my keys in it (learned that one with the 700wx). I can attest to the ease at which the "built in screen protector" is damaged. The other night, I had the phone, screen up, on the car seat between my legs and my ipod, connected to a fm transmitter on my lap. The ipod slipped off my lap a couple times and I didn't think too much off it. Once out of the car I noticed a dent and a scratch. Both are incredibly small, but since this is new I am fixated on the larger one. It appears that the nano's great fall of about two inches put a slight dent (as opposed to a scratch, I can see a slight elevation change in the screen) right on the top. It doesn't seem to interfere too much and in a week, I'll forget about it, but I am going to order up a screen protector anyway. And a case/holster....
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I want to activate it now and bring it to work tomorrow in my pocket, just was a little skeptical of doing that before having an actual case. Nervous I might scratch the body of it, not sure how strong the material is.

~J
    So far, I've been fairly successful carrying it in my pockets...I wear dress pants at work, so there is room and it is soft fabric and usually it fits right in the sewn in change pockets within the pockets. Any no keys. Or lighters. Or sandpaper....
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    So far, I've been fairly successful carrying it in my pockets...I wear dress pants at work, so there is room and it is soft fabric and usually it fits right in the sewn in change pockets within the pockets. Any no keys. Or lighters. Or sandpaper....
    +1. Phone in right pocket, wallet/keys/smokes in left.
    yep, I do the same. Put it in my empty pocket. Did that for years with my 700wx, not a scratch. So far so good with the 800w.
    It's got a recessed screen for exactly this reason. It's a feature, dang it! (*shakes fist at Mal, Dieter, and the rest who whine about it*)

Throw it in the empty pocket, and call it good. If you have other stuff in there, make sure the back is pointed at them and not the screen. I've carried plenty of stuff with my phone (gum, other phone, cable, etc). Just keep keys in your other pocket, that's a big no-no.