1.    #1  
    When I make a WiFi connection but also have the phone radio on, do all applications automatically send/receive data via wifi, or do I have to do something to tell them to use wifi rather than powervision?
  2.    #2  
    Huh - I thought this was going to be an easy question.
    If you ahve WiFi enabled then all data goes through that connection rather than EVDO.

I'm not sure if there is a way an application can manually select EVDO but for most / maybe all applications it should use WiFi if it's enabled
    I didn't want to start a new thread about this, so here it goes. My phone seems to lose the wifi key about every third time I use it. It will ask for a key when I had previously entered the key many times for the same wifi connection at home. Has anyone else experienced this?
  5.    #5  
    Not asking fo the key, no. But mine frequently drops the connection and has to be re-connected.
    Maybe to save battery?
  7.    #7  
    I have it set to disconnect after 10 minutes if no activity, this dropping off after 1 or 2 minutes.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    I didn't want to start a new thread about this, so here it goes. My phone seems to lose the wifi key about every third time I use it. It will ask for a key when I had previously entered the key many times for the same wifi connection at home. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I am also experiencing the same issue. I will be surfing along just fine then it will prompt me for my WEP key again... It usually happens when it reconnects after the screen goes black.

Edit: I also went into WiFi Prefs on the Connection menu & it shows this connection should Always be on but that is not what I am seeing when my screen goes to sleep & I turn it back on... I tuned off the Power Save Mode option but I am guessing that is just for performance (below that is where the Connection setting is & Always On is checked)
    Last edited by tilroc; 07/20/2008 at 11:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    If you ahve WiFi enabled then all data goes through that connection rather than EVDO.

I'm not sure if there is a way an application can manually select EVDO but for most / maybe all applications it should use WiFi if it's enabled
    I am not 100% sure about your answer b/c just now I was connected to WiFi & when to sync my Windows Live & it connected via EVDO. When I looked at the active connections it showed both WiFi & EVDO connections (it usually just shows one)
    You can test where the data is going in a web browser by using a what is my ip site, then comparing it to that same site when viewed on a computer also on wifi. if the ips are the same then you are on wifi.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I too have the multiple key asking problem... usually when I first connect. It almost never takes it the first time.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Mine too, will just loose connection. I have a serious issue with the quality of the wifi on this device. We've been waiting years for wifi and this is all we get? I'm not really a complainer, but this just makes me wonder
    Treo 600-->Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Diamond --> HTC Touch Pro 2 --> HTC EVO
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    You can test where the data is going in a web browser by using a what is my ip site, then comparing it to that same site when viewed on a computer also on wifi. if the ips are the same then you are on wifi.
    Great thought - I will try that the next time I see both connected. This was actually the first time I have seen it on this device. I have seen this before when I had my Mogul.
    Google Maps does not work with wifi on. It tells me it has no connection. Works fine in EVDO.