Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    I had Morphgear up and running on my 800w and everything was going great with Mario up until he tried to run and jump at the same time... looks like this Treo doesn't support multiple simultaneous button presses-- because Mario fell down a huge hole in the ground.

    I've been doing some reading and this has been fixed on a couple different devices like the PPC6700 and the Samsung i730. Someone wrote a program that can be found on the following page: http://www.dekabyte.com/pocketpc/

    That program was based off the 6700 fix and the source code is provided... so maybe somebody could adapt it to work on the 800w????!??

    I have no idea how to take on such a task, but if some talented programmer out there were to do so I know I, along with many other emulator WM gamers out there, would be greatly appreciative...

    Any takers?
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
  2. #2  
    I tried a few things but never got my 700wx to recognize simultaneous key presses. If someone can make this work on the 800w it will mitigate somewhat the PocketGBA incompatibility.
  3.    #3  
    Anyone up for trying this <bump>?
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
  4. #4  
    I am a software developer but I'm not sure I'll have time to work on this. I'll see if I can take a look this weekend but no promises.

    I would really like this to work though.
  5. hkklife's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    #5  
    Kind of surprising Palm dropped the ball on this as POS devices have traditionally (or perhaps since OS 3.0--but definitely for a good decade) supported simultaneous button presses. The Palm LifeDrive was the ONLY example of Palm not supporting this in recent memory and that was actually fixed one of that device's ROM updates.

    If this is indeed the case in the 800w, that's quite disappointing indeed and will certainly turn off many users who might consider migrating from Garnet to that particular WinMob device.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I am a software developer but I'm not sure I'll have time to work on this. I'll see if I can take a look this weekend but no promises.

    I would really like this to work though.
    That'd be awesome if you could get it working! Wish I could help.
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
  7.    #7  
    hkklife---

    Ever get a chance to take a look at this?
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
  8. #8  
    My computer's main hard drive then power supply went up this weekend so who knows when I'll have time to look at this. Anyone else?
  9.    #9  
    oops, i meant you, kasracer, not hkklife. maybe there aren't that many WM emulator gamers..?
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
  10. #10  
    Sure there are. Just in hiding.... I would like it also.

    BTW, what NES emulator and other platform emulators are you running?
  11.    #11  
    I'm running MorphGear 2.4.0 with just the iNES plugin for now. I run it in full screen mode with the screen size set to 140% so it fills up just about the entire 800w screen. Niiiiice.
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
  12. Schump939's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hkklife View Post
    Kind of surprising Palm dropped the ball on this as POS devices have traditionally (or perhaps since OS 3.0--but definitely for a good decade) supported simultaneous button presses. The Palm LifeDrive was the ONLY example of Palm not supporting this in recent memory and that was actually fixed one of that device's ROM updates.

    If this is indeed the case in the 800w, that's quite disappointing indeed and will certainly turn off many users who might consider migrating from Garnet to that particular WinMob device.
    I don't consider this surprising at all. the device is designed for one handed use. I'm guessing they disabled it simply because it's easy to accidentally hit multiple keys when using it with one hand.

    why do you consider this such a big turn off? What does Garnet have that makes this such a huge requirement for those users?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schump939 View Post
    I don't consider this surprising at all. the device is designed for one handed use. I'm guessing they disabled it simply because it's easy to accidentally hit multiple keys when using it with one hand.

    why do you consider this such a big turn off? What does Garnet have that makes this such a huge requirement for those users?
    An incredible multi-system emulator called LJP. Better and faster than MorphGear. It did not support GBA, however.
  14. Schump939's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    An incredible multi-system emulator called LJP. Better and faster than MorphGear. It did not support GBA, however.
    So your complaint is a device built for business users doesn't game well? I guess I have a hard time imagining someone not buying the phone (who the phone is actually designed for) because it doesn't run a game emulator properly.

    PSP or DS.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schump939 View Post
    So your complaint is a device built for business users doesn't game well? I guess I have a hard time imagining someone not buying the phone (who the phone is actually designed for) because it doesn't run a game emulator properly.

    PSP or DS.
    Thanks for your feedback. Please look at the thread title you're in before replying next time. I'm not saying it will be the #1 list of complaints among potential business buyers. There are quite a few users who had this functionality on their 700p and 700wx and will miss it on the 800w. GBA ran fine on my wx and I'm sure in time we'll get hacks to make it work on the 800w.
  16. kaivorb's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #16  
    agreed.

    I love gaming on my phone. I ALWAYS have my phone on me, but I don't always have my PSP on me.

    I want to find a way to get it all working. I've been using NesTer, but it doesn't work well. Will try going back to LJP. Haven't used it in awhile.

    K--
  17. Schump939's Avatar
    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Thanks for your feedback. Please look at the thread title you're in before replying next time. I'm not saying it will be the #1 list of complaints among potential business buyers. There are quite a few users who had this functionality on their 700p and 700wx and will miss it on the 800w. GBA ran fine on my wx and I'm sure in time we'll get hacks to make it work on the 800w.
    I'm responding to comments in the thread. What's your point exactly? Maybe you should read the comments before replying next time. I also see users saying they did NOT have this functionality in the 700 winmobo series of phones.

    i think it's funny that someone would pass on a business built phone because it doesn't play games.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Schump939 View Post
    I'm responding to comments in the thread. What's your point exactly? Maybe you should read the comments before replying next time. I also see users saying they did NOT have this functionality in the 700 winmobo series of phones.

    i think it's funny that someone would pass on a business built phone because it doesn't play games.
    No one said they're passing on the 800w because it doesn't play games well. We're just making inquiries to get some hacks to improve gaming, because the hardware is more than capable of usable emulation.

    I agree, this is a business device, but the smartphone era has spoiled many into wanting an all-in-one device. My 700wx did GBA/GBC/NES/SNES emualtion very well, and I believe the 800w will be able to perform similar wonders after we get some hacks. But I'm not returning mine in the interim.
  19. #19  
    1) GBC/GB, NES and SNES are all running very well.

    I use PocketGnuboy for GBC, PocketNester for NES, and Morphgear for SNES.

    2) I was even able to get some GBA goodness going with PocketAdvance but the app is VERY buggy and will crash the system after a few minutes. I still hope we'll get PocketGBA going soon.

    3) Has anyone noticed that when you press down+left + "L", it emulates a key press and stops the game? I tried it on the today screen outside of any emulators and I got the text "lc".
  20.    #20  
    Anyone have time to work on this soonish? thxxxx
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions