Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Hi everyone. I bought the new Treo for my fiance and have some questions. I tried to install the sofware but it doesnt recognize the device. I downloaded the new Windows Outlook also. She loves the phone( coming from the blackberry pearl) but the Sprint store was unable to to transfer her contacts from the pearl. Something about the software was to new. I am not to familiar with the newer smartphones(been overseas for th past 18 months) so some of the jargon is unfamiliar but catching on....slowly . A little help please.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Are you trying to sync the Pearl w/ Outlook, then sync the 800 with Oulook so it transfer the contacts and other items?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Yea, that is what the rep instructed me to do.( Still have to find a file to open the back up data from the pearl.. told you I was new to the smartphone thing) But first I have to got the phone recognized. Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Are you on Vista or XP?

If on Vista, install Windows Mobile Device Center and that program can be set to automatically sync your device with Outlook. If you are having problems getting the computer to recognize the device, do a soft reset and then plug in your device.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Install BB's software (Goto their website and download the proper version)
    Install Software set to sync with Outlook
    Sync BB
    Make sure contacts got transferred
    Uninstall BB syncware
    Install Treo's software (ActiveSync)
    Sync

Done.