Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1009
  1. #161  
    Ahhh cool. Now the customizations begin . I'm looking to make it look different from the original today, and you guys have provided great ideas! Thank you. I will probably have questions when I actually start working on this.
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Here's my latest (colors faded converting to jpg though )

    • PhoneAlarm 2.05
    • Today Agenda
    • UltimateLauncher

    Within UltimateLauncher there are 4 tabs (images to the right):
    • Tab1 = Launcher app (Core, Newsbreak, IE, PTunes, Live Search)
    • Tab2 = GPSToday
    • Tab3 = IM and fring
    • Tab4 = Battery, Resco Explorer, MemMaid, Reset, Config


    Wow!! I have been playing with ultimate launcher...what a cool little program and you can really clean up your today screen with it.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Wow!! I have been playing with ultimate launcher...what a cool little program and you can really clean up your today screen with it.
    Indeed. Once I found out you can have multiple plugins on one tab I was sold...it's very impressive, yet lite and functional.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4. #164  
    I can't wait until someone ports these spb shell themes to the 800!

  5. #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    I'm a minimalist (if you can't tell). SBSH iLauncher (paid), SBSH Pocket Weather (paid), TodayAgenda (free)... BTW, Popcorn your theme is hot.



    So, what are you using to get rid of that annoying bar at the top that has "Sprint" and the icons for location, internet sharing and bluetooth?? It takes up too much room in my opinion, our screens are small enough without placing that on there. Like on my previous post, I know I have Sprint. It's painted a quater inch above there on the earpiece.
  6. #166  
    I couldn't agree with you more. I am dying to try that!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by m12x13adass View Post
    I can't wait until someone ports these spb shell themes to the 800!

  7. insol's Avatar
    Posts
    268 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslayer76 View Post
    So, what are you using to get rid of that annoying bar at the top that has "Sprint" and the icons for location, internet sharing and bluetooth?? It takes up too much room in my opinion, our screens are small enough without placing that on there. Like on my previous post, I know I have Sprint. It's painted a quater inch above there on the earpiece.
    Currently the hidelogo cab does not work with the dial lookup today plugin. It is part of that particular dll. You can see in my screens shot I just moved it down (requires a registry change). In general, currently on the 800w if you remove that line you also lose the dial lookup

    Currently I think Hannip's TreoAlert app will allow you to make use of that line for VM/Txt notifications (not sure, but pretty confident this is the case).
  8. #168  
    after a few days, finally got it to work. diamond theme running through mobile shell 2.1. had to run realvga to set it to 96dpi, then ran the 320x320 diamond theme. Won't work unless you use realvga to change over to 96dpi first. took some quick shots to show how it looks on the treo 800w
    Attached Images Attached Images
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by telomerase View Post
    after a few days, finally got it to work. diamond theme running through mobile shell 2.1. had to run realvga to set it to 96dpi, then ran the 320x320 diamond theme. Won't work unless you use realvga to change over to 96dpi first. took some quick shots to show how it looks on the treo 800w

    where can I get the stuff needed for this theme?
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by telomerase View Post
    after a few days, finally got it to work. diamond theme running through mobile shell 2.1. had to run realvga to set it to 96dpi, then ran the 320x320 diamond theme. Won't work unless you use realvga to change over to 96dpi first. took some quick shots to show how it looks on the treo 800w
    How does changing the dpi affect other apps? Are there any side-effects we wouldn't want? Also...whech theme did you use? The one made for 240x240?



  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    where can I get the stuff needed for this theme?
    Mobile shell 2.1 can be downloaded from the spb site. i believe there is a free trial for 2 weeks.

    Real VGA:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=327830


    Diamond Theme for I780 with RealVGA Style A.zip
    Post 246
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...389402&page=25

    Also check out these threads for other 'square' themes using mobile shell 2.1
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405896
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398620

    over at xda, they've got tons of themes, but few of them will work on the treo 800w because of the 320x320 square screen. Because of the samsung i780 also uses 320x320, some people have started to convert themes over.

    Also, if you don't use realvga, mobile shell works, but the layout of the icons and background get messed up - as if your screen isn't big enough. The cool thing i like about this new setup is the screen to screen transitions, and how much easier things are to find. i can navigate almost anywhere i want by sliding my thumb around.
    Last edited by telomerase; 07/24/2008 at 02:40 PM.
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by telomerase View Post
    Mobile shell 2.1 can be downloaded from the spb site. i believe there is a free trial for 2 weeks.

    Real VGA:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=327830


    Diamond Theme for I780 with RealVGA Style A.zip
    Post 246
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...389402&page=25

    Also check out these threads for other 'square' themes using mobile shell 2.1
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405896
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398620

    over at xda, they've got tons of themes, but few of them will work on the treo 800w because of the 320x320 square screen. Because of the samsung i780 also uses 320x320, some people have started to convert themes over.

    Also, if you don't use realvga, mobile shell works, but the layout of the icons and background get messed up - as if your screen isn't big enough. The cool thing i like about this new setup is the screen to screen transitions, and how much easier things are to find. i can navigate almost anywhere i want by sliding my thumb around.
    Thanks for the information, it would be nice trying to get it to look like that.
    I haven't read the links yet, but do they have installation information?

    By the way, will you be willing to put together a little step by step for us treo users Or is it easy enough that a caveman can do it.
  13. #173  
    Quick guide:
    1) Install Mobile 2.1 (must be the latest edition)
    2) Install realvga, and the 96dpi pack (links above)
    3) Run Realvga and switch to 96 dpi
    4) Download the diamond zip file
    5) Go into the program files folder in your treo, go to mobile shell, and extract the entire zip file contents into the mobile shell folder (overwrite any duplicate files)
    5) Soft reset

    ... i think that's it.
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    Thanks for the information, it would be nice trying to get it to look like that.
    I haven't read the links yet, but do they have installation information?

    By the way, will you be willing to put together a little step by step for us treo users Or is it easy enough that a caveman can do it.
    The MobileShell skins usually come in batches of DAT files that you drop into the Program folder for Shell. There are some that have CAB instalation, but not many!!

    They are very easy to use and install, and a lot of nice ones. I have been following those threads since Shell came out, and they have progressed very far!!! I have been using that diamond one (Greatball's I believe) in the screenshot avove on my WX since it came out for 240x240, and it looks great!!

    P.S. remember to use the ninth menu tweak and the game menu reg!!! (I'll post here if I can find them again!)



  15. #175  
    I found the two tweaks I mentioned that you really want to use with MobileShell. They are founf here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=game+menu

    and I will post them here as well:

    Games is a reg setting that enables a menu for.....well games to show in your menu page.

    9-button-Reg is a simple CAB that allows for nine folder icons on your menu page.

    I know I am not describing them well, but thay add a lot to Shell.
    Attached Files Attached Files



  16. #176  
    To telomerase and syrguy1969

    Thank you for the pointers, links and the information. I will give this a shot right now. I guess its good testing all of this before getting my memory card so I can see what I like and dont like before doing a hard reset.

    By the way telomerase, any problems with using this?
  17. improve's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by telomerase View Post
    Quick guide:
    1) Install Mobile 2.1 (must be the latest edition)
    2) Install realvga, and the 96dpi pack (links above)
    3) Run Realvga and switch to 96 dpi
    4) Download the diamond zip file
    5) Go into the program files folder in your treo, go to mobile shell, and extract the entire zip file contents into the mobile shell folder (overwrite any duplicate files)
    5) Soft reset

    ... i think that's it.
    First I wanna thank telomerase for hellping those who realy like this them be able to get it on the Treo 800. Second I followed the Instructions everythings works well and as expected. However. why did I get the lady in the skirt Diamond theme and not the regular black glossy theme. I installed the clasic black today theme. I want the one that looks like the one you posted on post # 168. where did you get thoses files from?
  18. #178  
    i also want the black one, I wish it didn't look very tiny the fonts and icons
  19. #179  
    you got a lady with a skirt? hmm...
    i went through so many posts, maybe that was the wrong theme.
    here - this i just uploaded this:

    http://rapidshare.com/files/13221163...alVGA.zip.html

    if anyone else finds others, or an easy way to edit existing ones, please let us know.

    here is another forums that might have some:
    http://www.actualitemobile.com/forum...p?topic=1654.0

    it's all in french though. and most of them are not in 320x320
  20. #180  
    i manage to maximize most of the text on settings > screen, but i need to find out the icons to make it a little more bigger
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions