Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    I was really digging the phone alarm.. however, it is really, really slow to register that an SMS has arrived and then it will not clear quickly when that SMS is read or deleted.. crap!!
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post

Here are mine, I cheated and went with SPB Mobile Shell in a plain black theme. I used SPB Watcher to permanently make this my today screen.
    With Spb Mobile Shell being your today scree, how do you dial any numbers besides your contacts. I couldn't find a dial pad anywhere..
    Quote Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
    With Spb Mobile Shell being your today scree, how do you dial any numbers besides your contacts. I couldn't find a dial pad anywhere..
    I don't have it installed, but when I press the green send/call button, a menu pops up, and at the top of that menu there is an option for a dialpad. Is that what you were looking for?
    I had the same problem - used spbwatcher to make switch the today screen and realized i could no longer find an easy way to access a dialpad. Had to uninstall spbwatcher because of that.
    I had a question on how to tweak PA on my today screen and thought I would post a screen shot but the Capture Screen Utility v1.0.0007 application on the 1st post does not work.

On my 800w, when I try to install it, I get the message that "CapScrUtilFull is not a valid Pocket PC application".

Any suggestions on getting this to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by SPCSTreo600User View Post
    I had a question on how to tweak PA on my today screen and thought I would post a screen shot but the Capture Screen Utility v1.0.0007 application on the 1st post does not work.

On my 800w, when I try to install it, I get the message that "CapScrUtilFull is not a valid Pocket PC application".

Any suggestions on getting this to work?
    You need to connect your phone to the PC and install the application on you computer then sync
    I have never seen a dial pad unless hitting the green button and scrolling up. On mine though I start to dial numbers and once the contact does not have matches it changes to numbers that I can hit the green button to dial. I also have several hundred contacts and do not find this a problem. One thing I do miss is up to 99 speed dial entries. I seem to be limited to 26 now. I also used to like the full call long by hitting the green button on the Touch compared to just the last 10; I nkow I can go to the full log from there but that is an extra step.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin View Post
    I confirmed that the SMS button does not take you to messaging.
    yeah, it's weird, the email and missed calls take you somewhere but the SMS is inactive. Also, I just tested and got the standard phone message allert (bottom half of screen, "you have 2 new messages") and nothing in MobileShell. Anybody reported this? [edit, other than me? I sent a support note to spb; strange that they have NO TREOS at all listed in their select device drop down]
    Last edited by dslunceford; 07/22/2008 at 03:15 PM.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    For this reason, and for the lack of easy access to a GOOD call log, I disabled SPB Watcher for now. 3 taps to get to a decent call log is too much for me, especially since this is a phone we are talking about here.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecks View Post
    yep. working well. Stay away from 2.05 for now. Problem is with the alerts. You can not hear them.
    Thanks so much! Also, are you using version 1.67 of PA? Is it working for you okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by wrecks View Post
    make sure you download the older version.. Like I said 2.05 does not work well yet with 800w's.

link to older Phone Alarm v1.67
    http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.p...41958#msg41958
    Quote Originally Posted by thepla View Post
    Just out of curiosity does your SMS button take you to text messaging?
    I confirmed that the SMS button does not take you to messaging.
    I am a bit confused regarding Phone Alarm on the 800.....does anyone have it working correctly or not? There seems to be an issue with the SMS button even on the older version 1.67, and several reports that the new version does not work on the 800.

What is the consensus?
  11.    #151  
    im using 2.05 and its mostly working, lol

link to sms doesn't work (counter/alert does)

mostly minor quibbles
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    im using 2.05 and its mostly working, lol

link to sms doesn't work (counter/alert does)

mostly minor quibbles
    hmmmm...ok...so what method do you use to get to SMS when it is received?
    Also, the symptom I was seeing was that not only did the link not take me to SMS, but it would clear the notification so that I could not see there were SMS sitting in the inbox.
  13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    hmmmm...ok...so what method do you use to get to SMS when it is received?
    Also, the symptom I was seeing was that not only did the link not take me to SMS, but it would clear the notification so that I could not see there were SMS sitting in the inbox.
    I click my left soft key for "messaging"? I've never clicked the PA icons for that...they're just visual for me.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Isn't there a setting in PA(maybe just version 2) so you can change the application it uses for messaging? Just make it point to the Palm threaded app and the SMS button should work. I did this, but don't see the setting now. (I tried using version 2 but reverted to the older version.)
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    I'm a minimalist (if you can't tell). SBSH iLauncher (paid), SBSH Pocket Weather (paid), TodayAgenda (free)... BTW, Popcorn your theme is hot.

I like what you've done with the bars -- looks like you set them to the same size they come in at on the 320x240 HTC devices. Better use of screen real estate.

Is this a trivial change to make?
  16.    #156  
    Quote Originally Posted by nlowhor View Post
    Isn't there a setting in PA(maybe just version 2) so you can change the application it uses for messaging? Just make it point to the Palm threaded app and the SMS button should work. I did this, but don't see the setting now. (I tried using version 2 but reverted to the older version.)
    there is but it does not seem to have an effect...

I selected "messaging.exe" under \windows, which I believe is the correct app

Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post

I am seriously leaning towards returning this phone and going back to my Q9c
    What are you using for the digital clock on the today screen?

/wants
    //misses htc home

Edit: ok found clock plugin, new question: how do I remove Sprint Banner, and move smart dial below the clock plugin?
    Last edited by thundernad; 07/23/2008 at 11:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalibar View Post
    I like what you've done with the bars -- looks like you set them to the same size they come in at on the 320x240 HTC devices. Better use of screen real estate.

Is this a trivial change to make?
    I am running at true 320x320 96 DPI (out of the box the device runs 128 DPI). There are some limitations (read: bugs) but all in all it works well for my purposes. You can check the thread here for details on what what I went what it takes, and exactly how to do it:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167014

There are pics there of the difference between 128 DPI and 96DPI also
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    there is but it does not seem to have an effect...

I selected "messaging.exe" under \windows, which I believe is the correct app
    Odd, that's what I did, and I thought I remembered it working. Running the older Lite version now so can't try again.
  20.    #160  
    Here's my latest (colors faded converting to jpg though )

• PhoneAlarm 2.05
    • Today Agenda
    • UltimateLauncher

Within UltimateLauncher there are 4 tabs (images to the right):
    • Tab1 = Launcher app (Core, Newsbreak, IE, PTunes, Live Search)
    • Tab2 = GPSToday
    • Tab3 = IM and fring
    • Tab4 = Battery, Resco Explorer, MemMaid, Reset, Config

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast