"A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  2.    #982  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Didn't like it? Back to the 800w?
    Combo of
    1. Paid full price (which is ridiculous at Best Buy)
    2. There may or may not be a hardware recall (too little RAM) on this version
    3. Don't like it as much as the 800w

It's not that it's a bad phone, it actually has some nice features over the 800w...just none that either effect me or wowed me. I prefer the 800w's build, feel and keys over the STP and missed all the Palm tweaks (like silencing an alarm/ringer with any key, etc.)

I'll do a write up eventually. But for now I'll pass on the STP and wait for the Pre.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    my 30 days are up with Bes Buy, so I'm returning the sprint treo pro
    woops, my bad, i meant what is the calendar today plugin :-)

I've tried Calendar+, TodayAgenda, and SPB Diary, and haven't quite found exactly what i'm looking for....
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  4.    #984  
    lol, np

That's a freebie app called TodayAgenda and it's one of the great freeware apps for WM. Highly recommended.
    Well...after a hard reset yesterday (played around too much screwed up my phone... ) I decided to do a facelift. Its still a work in progress...

THEME

Graphite theme from the GTP with OEM Flower pic as the backround.

PLUG-INS

WeatherPanel
    SPB PocketPLus
    RealVGA set on 96DPI
    PocketMax pmClean
    Sprint Titan Java Runtime
    Dannzeman's Registry Tweak Script with All Tweaks On
    Treo Pro Themes
    Sprint's Official Picturemail cab
    Wei's SoftReset
    Wiser (Hazmat Program)
    CapScrUtil
    Enable Palm MMS
    Last edited by kdbenoit; 03/02/2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: fix link for screenshot
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    do you have a screen shot?
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    do you have a screen shot?
    There is a screen shot already in the post. If nobody can see it then I will attach the image.
    I've been using this for quite some time now but I've never posted a screen shot of this - so here you are in case anyone is interested...

- Glossy Black Bars
    - ThrottleLauncher w/ TF3D theme (theme comes w/ program)
    Tabs, date bar, alarm, and missed call icon I modified. Tabs are from the "Sprint" theme avail. on TL and xda website.
    - WeatherPanel w/ iWise Landscape theme and 7 icons (all available on ppcgeeks.com)
    - PocketBreeze (sbsh.net)
    - The 'message' tab I don't really use to read or write SMS's, I just use it so that when an SMS comes in, a "1" (I use Poutlook thus the broken counter) appears next to the tab (tab is, however, fully functional)
    - As w/ the actual TF3D you can use your finger to scroll through the tabs and they act just like the real TF3D interface. There are a bunch of other tabs you can add (pix, music, internet, email, etc) but these are the only ones I need
    - QuickMenu (best cascading start menu I've used)
    - Dinar Soft Handy Switcher Task Manager
    - Wallpaper is from the Sprint TF3D theme

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Very nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by kdbenoit View Post
    Very nice...
    Thx.. btw, I can't see a your screen shot..

Should be able to see the pic now.
    Are you having any issues w/ PocketPlus? I remember there being problems some months back but I think that was @ 128... not sure... I haven't tried it since...

I've been using this for quite some time now but I've never posted a screen shot of this - so here you are in case anyone is interested...

- Glossy Black Bars
    Tabs, date bar, alarm, and missed call icon I modified. Tabs are from the "Sprint" theme avail. on TL and xda website.
    - WeatherPanel w/ iWise Landscape theme and 7 icons (all available on ppcgeeks.com)
    - The 'message' tab I don't really use to read or write SMS's, I just use it so that when an SMS comes in, a "1" (I use Poutlook thus the broken counter) appears next to the tab (tab is, however, fully functional)
    - As w/ the actual TF3D you can use your finger to scroll through the tabs and they act just like the real TF3D interface. There are a bunch of other tabs you can add (pix, music, internet, email, etc) but these are the only ones I need
    Nice, how's your performance?

I tried Throttlelauncher with that theme, but removed it because I was getting alot of lag while it was loaded.
    So far I haven't had any issues with pocket plus but I'm also not running all of its features. I like it mainly for the enhancements to some of the OEM programs like PIE and File Explorer. The Touch Flow type scrolling is really nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Nice, how's your performance?

I tried Throttlelauncher with that theme, but removed it because I was getting alot of lag while it was loaded.
    I have no performance issues. I just made sure that "animated menus and windows" are turned off through SKTools. Also you could adjust the fps and transparency in TL which helps. But even w/ those settings at default and animation turned on I have not had any problems w/ lag. My device always seemed to have been slower @ 96dpi however, so I might just be used to that??

Thanks, I may give it another try.
    I've been trying to install several of the launcher apps to get shortcuts on today screen.

Error is "ilauncher is not a valid PocketPC application"

but this is error with multiple programs I have tried to install.

Am I doing it wrong?

Same thing when trying to install UltimateLauncher etc...

So maybe (forgive my ignorance) if someone can tell me exactly how to properly install UltimateLaunch v1.2 for example

Please help
    Quote Originally Posted by knixfan316 View Post
    I've been trying to install several of the launcher apps to get shortcuts on today screen.

Error is "ilauncher is not a valid PocketPC application"

but this is error with multiple programs I have tried to install.

Am I doing it wrong?

Same thing when trying to install UltimateLauncher etc...

So maybe (forgive my ignorance) if someone can tell me exactly how to properly install UltimateLaunch v1.2 for example

Please help
    Some programs that are .exe files may need to be installed form you PC and they when you sync your phone it'll install on your device. Try running the install on your computer.

- Glossy Black Bars
    I tried to get this working the other night, but once I got throttlelauncher installed, it seemed as though it did not completely fill the screen on my 800w?

I tried searching in their forums and nothing came up for 800w at all.

How exactly do you have it configured?

It also took a -really- long time to reboot the phone with TL enabled, so I have it all uninstalled now.
    If by size you mean the height than you have to do that in the registry. I believe it is somewhere in HKLM-Software-Microsoft-Shell-Today-ThrottleLauncher... And set the height accordingly. As far as the actual height, also consider whether you're hiding the softkeys or not, which you can do through the TL options.
    I have never had any problems w/ speed w/ either TL OR my phone after TL was installed..
    I don't have my 800w anymore. I have a Diamond now so I cannot say exactly what the height numbers should be and I do not remember the correct place in the registry but this should be close..