Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by improve View Post
    Ill update every one tomorrow. This is not stable and requires more research but it seems ok so far. Once I find a decent grouping of apps that work well with the 800w Ill post some liks or cabs. Its seems like if you want TF2D to work well on an 800w its going to take good xml coders and alot of patience. Good news is theres a large enough community of interested people between here, ppcgeeks and xda-developers to possibly get this running stable on the 800w.

What I have done on the video is a mixture of many diffrent cabs,xml and reg edits combined from diffrent searches on many sites to make things display correctly to 320x320. DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE THE PHONE RING with TF2D on 800w or pro ? Most apps work well as you can see in the video. I recieve text (I still need to instal Hannips WM sms on my 800w to make it work), email, everything for the most part works. The phone icon appears when I am being called and I even get a sound alert when I get a missed call but no ring during the call. Any Ideas? once I can get it to ring properly I will post all files in order of instalation.

any updates?
    OK, I've seen this around here, ppcgeeks.com, xds....com - 800w users that have a tray above their softkeys.

I know that WisBar lets you have a tray but I doubt that is it since most of these pix I see have only 1 icon and it's the same one.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=882

...a post a few pages back w/ an example.

What is that and why haven't I seen that on my 800w?
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    OK, I've seen this around here, ppcgeeks.com, xds....com - 800w users that have a tray above their softkeys.

I know that WisBar lets you have a tray but I doubt that is it since most of these pix I see have only 1 icon and it's the same one.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=882

...a post a few pages back w/ an example.

What is that and why haven't I seen that on my 800w?
    That is a system tray like the small area where the clock sits on a Windows desktop. You usually won't see it unless an app provides a system tray icon or you have an app that allows you to put shortcuts there.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    That's what I thought at first but it seems like everytime I see screen shots w/ these trays there's either the icon in the link I posted, something that looks like a 'network' icon, or an ActiveSync icon.
    Basically there's about 4 icons that vary from screen shot to screen shot.
    Do you know which programs these are that put the tray there?
    OR
    Do you know of a program that gives you that tray (other than WisBar)?
    Thanks.

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    That's what I thought at first but it seems like everytime I see screen shots w/ these trays there's either the icon in the link I posted, something that looks like a 'network' icon, or an ActiveSync icon.
    Basically there's about 4 icons that vary from screen shot to screen shot.
    Do you know which programs these are that put the tray there?
    OR
    Do you know of a program that gives you that tray (other than WisBar)?
    Thanks.
    ActiveSync will put an icon there if you sync via BT. My MobileR puts one there, the network icon you're seeing is probably PDANet.

As far as apps that give you access to that, there are several but I can't recall their names. One was free but it was real pain to use. I had it with my 700wx. I'd suggest doing a Google search.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Yup, the icon you're talking about is PDANet. It's a popular program because it's pretty much the easiest way to tether to your laptop.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Thanks, that clears it up! I just always thought there was either some Today plugin that I was missing or ...well, I dunno... thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Yup, the icon you're talking about is PDANet. It's a popular program because it's pretty much the easiest way to tether to your laptop.
    Actually, the easiest way is to just delete ICSHelper.dll in the registry and use the built in Internet Connection Sharing app. I've not had a problem using it ever.
    Well, I meant in general for all the WM phones. I know a lot of people already owned (or possessed) PDANet before they got the 800w.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    where are you finding these today screens. Im new to treo and Im not having anyluck at all.
    Does anyone know what plugin that is? I'll assume it is Agenda One since it IS a calendar and the left soft key says 'Agenda One' but when I looked at their website, the program looks nothing like that... Skin perhaps (where can I get it)? Or something totally different?
    Thanks!

The top plugin looks to be the HTC Home plugin. The bottom is is probably Agenda One.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

+1 on HTCH, I used it before, I was actually referring to the bottom one. I DL'd Agenda One but it does not have a today plugin! Unless I missed it..? It just looks like a program that you run, that's all. Anyway if anyone knows, let me know?

Quote Originally Posted by telomerase View Post
    Mobile shell 2.1 can be downloaded from the spb site. i believe there is a free trial for 2 weeks.

Real VGA:
    Real VGA - xda-developers

Diamond Theme for I780 with RealVGA Style A.zip
    Post 246
    SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 + i780 + RealVGA - Page 25 - xda-developers

Also check out these threads for other 'square' themes using mobile shell 2.1
    320X320 (i780) Themes for SPB Mobile shell 2.1 - xda-developers
    Spb Mobilee Shell 2.1 + square VGA Themes - xda-developers

over at xda, they've got tons of themes, but few of them will work on the treo 800w because of the 320x320 square screen. Because of the samsung i780 also uses 320x320, some people have started to convert themes over.

Also, if you don't use realvga, mobile shell works, but the layout of the icons and background get messed up - as if your screen isn't big enough. The cool thing i like about this new setup is the screen to screen transitions, and how much easier things are to find. i can navigate almost anywhere i want by sliding my thumb around.
    is there any way to install this theme without real vga ? id love to get a good diamond theme for my treo 800w with mobile shell.
    Here's my today screen, fairly simple and clean, but I like it. The top portion of the screen acts as a launcher (UL), the bottom row is for status and toggles (PhoneAlarm). Although the layout is simple, it was an awful amount of work to get it how I wanted it. I love the flexibility of WM, but seriously it shouldn't be this hard! The icons are all 48x48 with transparent backgrounds and 64x64 versions for the "pushed" effect.

I have another 4 tabs of apps/settings but you get the general idea...

And finally, I have a extra combo tab that I switch to for a scheduling view, but this one has been giving me some trouble (I think UL has some issues with today plugins in tabs).

Noticeably absent is a weather plugin, I like they way they look, but I just don't like the tradeoff in space for what they do, like Robin Williams says "You got a window? OPEN IT!"

The software I am using is:
    RealVGA
    Ultimate Launch
    Phone Alarm
    i780 PA skin
    HideCarrier
    Ariel Battery
    Time/Date Hack
    Pocket Digital Clock
    Graphite Today theme
    Xemico Today Calendar
    Task Plus
    Spacer
    IcoFX (to tweak icons)
    Icons1
    Icons2
    Icons3
    Icons4
    Icons5

I've mapped my hardkeys so that I can easily cycle through the tabs via MortScript (since the tab headers are hidden). I haven't been running this setup long, but I'm amazed at how well it works. I've used practically every today launcher out there, and inevitably I always end up removing them because of slowdowns or stability problems, but so far so good!
    zbop,
    Nice job and I can appreaciate all of the hard work. Those icons look great.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Its so much work just for a theme...

Comon pre.
  18.    #978  
    Eh, posting a new shot with Resco's new "Contact Manager". Pretty cool app though pricey, even does full-screen caller ID, though it's a bit wonky. You can disable that part too, which is nice. I like the today plugin though.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Eh, posting a new shot with Resco's new "Contact Manager". Pretty cool app though pricey, even does full-screen caller ID, though it's a bit wonky. You can disable that part too, which is nice. I like the today plugin though.

what's the calendar event app here?
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  20.    #980  
    Quote Originally Posted by doubleu View Post
    what's the calendar event app here?
    my 30 days are up with Bes Buy, so I'm returning the sprint treo pro

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter