Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1009
  1. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #921  
    Quote Originally Posted by MissBlue View Post
    Sorry if this has been covered before; I haven't been able to find it.

    I'd like to put separators on some of my ultimate launch tabs. I think I can't see the option/controls for doing this because I haven't done RealVGA (am kind of afraid to).

    Any advice on reaching the separator settings? Or anyone who has separators willing to post their ini file?

    Thanks. PS - I've never tried to customize anything this much before and it's been a fun challenge that I couldn't have done without you guys.
    Hi MissBlue and welcome!

    A couple things: try realvga...if it doesnt work out for you its easy enough to hard reset (if you have a back up done using the included Sprite Backup) but I think you will definitely find it worth trying. I (and I think most people using it) could not imagine going back to 128 dpi. Just be sure that you follow the directions (that are very easy now that Ebagg has condensed it down to two cab files) and that you are starting from a hard reset.

    As for separators in Ultimate launch. I assume you have a "combinations of tabs" and are trying to get a little space between them? on the "Tabs" tab there is an option for margins, one is left/right, the other is top/bottom. simply increase the top/bottom margin for each "tab" within the combination and voila! I cant tell you if those options are visible without realvga but i would guess they are because they are fairly high up on the option screen.

    Hope this helps....Let me know!

    Edit: just changed back to 128 to check the settings: you can see the option to add margins to tabs within Ultimate Launch...Should be very easy to do.
    Last edited by ehehat; 12/02/2008 at 09:27 AM.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  2. #922  
    Thanks for the advice...however, it's still not working for me. When I increase the top/bottom margin on each of the combined "tabs" it adds more space but doesn't draw a line. I see screenshots called "settings for separator" and "settings for margin/linebreak" on the UL site, and I wonder if maybe I need to change some of these settings. Can't find how those screens though, hmmm - probably missing something obvious. I'll likely try the RealVGA this weekend.
  3. #923  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Active Call is not supposed to show up. It's hidden by default.

    If you install my RealVGA, it does enable it to be shown in the list, which is the only way I could get the two ActiveCall plugins to play with each other.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the tip.
  4. #924  
    I'm not usually a fan of black themes with white text (because they're hard to see outdoors), but I opted for the Graphite Treo Pro theme.

    Listed on my screen are:
    - PhoneAlarm using '800w' theme, modified to my liking (buttons re-arranged, and clock added from one of the Touchable themes.)
    - I have always used TodayAgenda, but decided to try SPB Diary, stripped down to show appointments only
    - Old Trusty WeatherPanel using a layout I made
    - iLauncher (not sure if I like this config yet or not. icons are kinda hard to press with my thumb in RealVGA mode)
    Last edited by doubleu; 02/20/2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: links no longer valid
    Samsung N400 -> LG LX5350 -> Samsung A400 -> Sanyo 8100 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC Touch -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Samsung ACE -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch -> Touch Pro -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro -> Treo Pro -> Blackberry Bold 9650
  5. #925  
    Nicely down doubleu.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  6. #926  
    doubleu, where did you find the "800w" theme for phonealarm? I don't see it here:
    pocketmax.net/pal_Skins.html
  7. #927  
    OK, I found the 800w theme for phonealarm, but I have one question.

    Is it possible to use the 5 way to select the different icons? When I highlight phonealarm, it does allow me to push left or right and select the profile icon (the little house icon), but it won't let me select any of the others without touching the screen.
  8. improve's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #928  
    I was over at ppc geeks and found this forum. These guys are working on Touch Flo for Non HTC devices. I followed the istructions and it works well except for it not landscaping to my today screen. If any one has any konwledge on geting touch flo on the 800w any info would be appreciated. Thanks.


    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=37215&page=84
    or
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43908
    Last edited by improve; 12/11/2008 at 01:37 PM.
  9. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #929  
    Hi Improve,

    you use realvga? i think thats the problem I use it and tried the tf3d and it looked just like this. For me, the tf3d wasnt worth getting rid of realvga and the increase in real estate.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  10. #930  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower49 View Post
    doubleu, where did you find the "800w" theme for phonealarm? I don't see it here:
    pocketmax.net/pal_Skins.html
    here u go
    Attached Files Attached Files
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #931  
    Does anyone know if PA's Jinks Clear skin is working for 320?
  12. improve's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #932  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Hi Improve,

    you use realvga? i think thats the problem I use it and tried the tf3d and it looked just like this. For me, the tf3d wasnt worth getting rid of realvga and the increase in real estate.
    Hey ehehat, I do use Real VGA this was the first thing I thought as well but I changed the dpi back to 128 and still it was only on half the screen. I might give that another shot after a soft reset however I am almost certain that Real VGA is not the cause of this. Also this is not TF3D this is TF2D with a new cab patch for non HTC devices. Much work has been made to make it compatible with other devices. Everything works well too no major issues. This is my only issue at this point. On my last post I posted the link to the forum. If your intrested check it out Ill do some more tweaking later but I think this time its going to work once this issue is resolved.
  13. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #933  
    Quote Originally Posted by improve View Post
    Hey ehehat, I do use Real VGA this was the first thing I thought as well but I changed the dpi back to 128 and still it was only on half the screen. I might give that another shot after a soft reset however I am almost certain that Real VGA is not the cause of this. Also this is not TF3D this is TF2D with a new cab patch for non HTC devices. Much work has been made to make it compatible with other devices. Everything works well too no major issues. This is my only issue at this point. On my last post I posted the link to the forum. If your intrested check it out Ill do some more tweaking later but I think this time its going to work once this issue is resolved.
    thats what i get for not looking more closely...this looks like it would be nice if the orientation could be fixed. i will keep watch also. thanks!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  14. improve's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #934  
    [QUOTE=ehehat;1530961]thats what i get for not looking more closely...this looks like it would be nice if the orientation could be fixed. i will keep watch also. thanks![/QUOTE

    Ya this one is very promissing. I never messed with the prior attempts and versions but this one actualy looks like it will work becuase it does function for the most part with out any major issues. The version many people had on their 800's about 2 months ago looked ok on the today screen but people wrote that they didnt even recieve phone calls. That was an automatic deal breaker for me. this one appears to be the one that will eventualy work. Im not a ultra Touch flo fan but it looks cool and it cant hurt. Ultimate launch and HTC Home have been on my today since July and I need a change.
  15. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #935  
    I would love to do this, but I get reluctant when I see things like:

    Instructions for Non-HTC devices
    1. Install update 14 from first page

    Ummm... first page of what? That's the first step? If I can't understand the first step, then I'm screwed!

    EDIT: Never mind. I see that it actually means the page I was looking at. Strange...
  16. improve's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #936  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I would love to do this, but I get reluctant when I see things like:

    Instructions for Non-HTC devices
    1. Install update 14 from first page

    Ummm... first page of what? That's the first step? If I can't understand the first step, then I'm screwed!

    EDIT: Never mind. I see that it actually means the page I was looking at. Strange...
    These are the files I loaded so far in order.
    1) XDA-Team_Manill2D
    2) UPDATE 14 M2D.rar
    3) Manilla2D_NonHTC_Patch
    to get Touch Flo 2D on the pictures I posted a few posts ago. If you follow this link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=37215&page=84
    and go to the 1st page you will find all 3 files. Update # 14 might be the issue ? I will keep researching and let everyone know if I figure anything out.

    Edit: you must instal Hannips SMS Poutlook in order to recieve texts (thanks Rhody)
    Last edited by improve; 12/11/2008 at 04:25 PM.
  17. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #937  
    I'll check it out. Keep us posted if you find anything !
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  18. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #938  
    I understand the instructions now. I just found it strange. It's like opening a book and on the first page of the book it says "go to page 1."

    Anyway, did your soft reset fix the layout? Did you have to install Hannip's pOutlook fix for SMS to work correctly?
  19. improve's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #939  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I understand the instructions now. I just found it strange. It's like opening a book and on the first page of the book it says "go to page 1."

    Anyway, did your soft reset fix the layout? Did you have to install Hannip's pOutlook fix for SMS to work correctly?

    No the soft reset did not fix it. I didnt think it would but was worth a try. When you set RealVGA back to 128dpi it soft resets automatically. But I soft reset it again and still no change. However if you look at the 1st pic of a today screen I posted set at 128dpi youll see in the black colorless side on the right saying (data and transfer fees)? I wonder what thats about I didnt notice it on 96dpi. I have everything thing on my phone activated and never saw that before. my last phone was the 700wx and same, no issues on that one. who knows I dont think that matters either way. So its not the dpi setting its an update probebly the update I have is 14(only), I wonder if one of the older or newer ones will work? Ill have to check on that. As far the sms and hannips poutlook well im pretty sure that would do the job in order to view text messages within TF2D. However there are no issues in viewing your text messages you just have to hit the left soft button under where it reads “all messages” and youll see your messages in standard palm chat. I will use it when there is a solution to why it will not display entirely within the today screen. I think theres an update that may fix it Ill have to check that out over the weekend. Otherwise TF2D works well. From what I saw at the original forum it appears to be issues such as Youtube, and other media bugs with the app and OS. Ill let everyone know if I find anything interesting or worth talking about.
  20. #940  
    Quote Originally Posted by improve View Post
    I was over at ppc geeks and found this forum. These guys are working on Touch Flo for Non HTC devices. I followed the istructions and it works well except for it not landscaping to my today screen. If any one has any konwledge on geting touch flo on the 800w any info would be appreciated. Thanks.


    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=37215&page=84
    or
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43908
    That looks awesome!

Posting Permissions