Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364142434445464748495051 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    ** Everyone that uses Ultimate Launcher:

I just started using it and I realized that in the "today plugins" screen UL doesn't list "calendar" or "tasks."

I need those! Anyway to fix that?

Thanks!
    I would install a third party calendar/task app that has a today screen plugin. I use TodayAgenda. There are many others; a little search will get you what you need.
    Does anyone know where I can find a VGA version of the Treo800 phonealarm skin

I just started using it and I realized that in the "today plugins" screen UL doesn't list "calendar" or "tasks."

Thanks!
    Not that I've found but Today Agenda covers both the calender and tasks and is very nice (and free). That's what I'm using.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.

Thanks!
    You should be able to create a tab that shows you your calendar and tasks ...then you can combine it with any other tab
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    You should be able to create a tab that shows you your calendar and tasks ...then you can combine it with any other tab
    Those plugins don't show up in UL's plugin list.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Yeah, I know..But if you create a tab..you should be able to point to your calendar or tasks
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Yeah, I know..But if you create a tab..you should be able to point to your calendar or tasks
    Sure, but I figured the poster wanted the today plugin features as opposed to just shortcuts.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

OK! I think I finally got my screen to be how I want. After like 10 different setups I'm pretty sure I'm happy...
    Although the colors are subject to change

- Real VGA @ 96dpi *** http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=170002

- Wisbar 3 Advance (Start menu/bar + row of icons on the bottom) ***DL here***

- Pocket Digital Clock (linked to seperate alarm app [not built-in alarm]) ***DL here***

- PhoneAlarm with "Treo800w" skin (skin is similar to the i780 skin but replaces the A2DP icon w/ Voicemail count icon [if you use poutlook you'll have to customize the SMS icon]) ***link to DL both skins below since I don't recall the website***

- WeatherPanel w/ stock skin ***DL here***

Do you know if there is a VGA version of the treo800 phonealarm skin?
    I can't figure out how my Today Screen randomly changed. I have not had my Treo 800w for very long, so I have not installed anything to customize the look and feel.

My Today Screen layout no longer shows the default bluetooth connection symbol, the Dial Lookup, and the left and right softkey options are not the default "Messaging" and "Menu" options. The soft keys are now showing "Phone" and "Contacts" instead. Also, my green button does not function like it did before. It doesn't show anything when pressed. Before it would show recent calls made, etc.

Can anyone recommend how to get this back to the default functionality? I have searched all over my phone and cannot find any settings that can change my Today Screen back to it's default. I would prefer not to do a hard reset.

Last edited by elogic3; 11/28/2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Added a screen shot.
    Did you disable the contact lookup and the carrier line today plugins? They are missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Did you disable the contact lookup and the carrier line today plugins? They are missing.
    I don't have those as options to appear on the Today screen. Can I get those plug-ins from somewhere? I'm wondering where they went in the first place.
    Last edited by elogic3; 11/28/2008 at 02:40 PM.
    I experienced the Phone and Contacts options (instead of the usual expected Messaging/Notifications and Menu) after a botched backup. Sprite had already reset my 800w and was chugging along when I received a text message and immediately thereafter a phone call. It froze everything, and after a reset - what you describe is what I saw - and nothing at all on the Today screen! Three soft resets did nothing.

I was about to restore, but when I attempted to open Sprite it told me it had messed up and offered to make things right. I let it reset, and this time when it came back up, everything was perfect again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I experienced the Phone and Contacts options (instead of the usual expected Messaging/Notifications and Menu) after a botched backup. Sprite had already reset my 800w and was chugging along when I received a text message and immediately thereafter a phone call. It froze everything, and after a reset - what you describe is what I saw - and nothing at all on the Today screen! Three soft resets did nothing.

I was about to restore, but when I attempted to open Sprite it told me it had messed up and offered to make things right. I let it reset, and this time when it came back up, everything was perfect again.
    Very interesting. I use Sprite Backup daily and this may very well be the culprit. I'm going to tinker with it to see if I can restore the Today Screen back to its default state.

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that this has happened to. I like my 800w, and was growing pretty fond of the WM6 OS, but started having some doubts when the Today screen went crazy on me.
    Good news! I did a Sprite Backup restore to an earlier date. I only selected to restore the system settings in my options. SB did a reset and my Today Screen and my green button are back to their default functionality! Thanks all for your help, and a special thanks to Alli!

Now I can check out this Ultimate Launcher that everyone is raving about.
    Glad you got it all back working. Those backups are important!

You'll love UL.
    Go to Today setup and check to see if "Active Call" is enabled. If not you will not see "Messenging and Menu" any longer, replaced with "Phone" (doesn't work) and "Contacts". When you lose Menu you lose the ability to use the Dial pad, unless you set up another key for it. I turned off "Active Call" to see what it was, then I realized the impact, it really doesn't do more than change the soft key button options.

This problem drove me to do several Hard and soft resets, then Restores. Yesterday I figured it out. Hope this solves your problem.

Beachboy

Quote Originally Posted by elogic3 View Post
    I can't figure out how my Today Screen randomly changed. I have not had my Treo 800w for very long, so I have not installed anything to customize the look and feel.

My Today Screen layout no longer shows the default bluetooth connection symbol, the Dial Lookup, and the left and right softkey options are not the default "Messaging" and "Menu" options. The soft keys are now showing "Phone" and "Contacts" instead. Also, my green button does not function like it did before. It doesn't show anything when pressed. Before it would show recent calls made, etc.

Can anyone recommend how to get this back to the default functionality? I have searched all over my phone and cannot find any settings that can change my Today Screen back to it's default. I would prefer not to do a hard reset.

Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    See my recent post, I was restoring and it would come back. Then I realized it was my disabling Active Call in Today setup.

Quote Originally Posted by elogic3 View Post
    Good news! I did a Sprite Backup restore to an earlier date. I only selected to restore the system settings in my options. SB did a reset and my Today Screen and my green button are back to their default functionality! Thanks all for your help, and a special thanks to Alli!

Now I can check out this Ultimate Launcher that everyone is raving about.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    See my recent post, I was restoring and it would come back. Then I realized it was my disabling Active Call in Today setup.
    Where on the Today setup is the Active Call option? The only options that I have on the Today settings are changing the appearance and on the other tab, selecting what items appear on the Today screen. An Active Call option is not in either one of those. I'm I in the right area?
    Active Call is not supposed to show up. It's hidden by default.

If you install my RealVGA, it does enable it to be shown in the list, which is the only way I could get the two ActiveCall plugins to play with each other.
    Sorry if this has been covered before; I haven't been able to find it.

I'd like to put separators on some of my ultimate launch tabs. I think I can't see the option/controls for doing this because I haven't done RealVGA (am kind of afraid to).

Any advice on reaching the separator settings? Or anyone who has separators willing to post their ini file?

Thanks. PS - I've never tried to customize anything this much before and it's been a fun challenge that I couldn't have done without you guys.