Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I created a new contacts entry called "My Voicemail" with the number being my cell number. I assigned it a picture, which is just a little voicemail icon I found using Google. Then I went to the Advanced tab and assigned a Quick Key of 1. I set it up as a picture speed dial. Then I moved it all the way to the end of my picture speed dial entries so it doesn't show up on the Today screen. With that in place I was able to delete the non-picture Voicemail speed dial.

One other thing to try is go to the voicemail entry in your contacts and try adding a picture. Then you could change it to a non-picture speed dial and move it to the end.
    I actually did basically this exact same thing last night. Now I've just got a VM icon as one of my five image speed dials.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by improve View Post

As far as my today im hoping for some type of cusomization that would appear more like touch flow weather as a today plugin or HTC Home Plugin. Any recomendations?
    That is a great looking today screen. Please share!!
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    That is a great looking today screen. Please share!!
    As far as my today screen I will list the Items you need to install in order so you can DL them in proper order. Before you DL these files READ the links so you know what the program is and what it does if your unsure. Just incase you didnt know UL is the only app listed here that is not free however you may try the app out for free for a few days on their site.

1)RealVGA_11: You need to DL RealVGA_11, Respack128dpi.ARM, and zResPack96dpi.ARM. Make sure they all install when you install them on your device.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=377441

2)Real_VGA_ 800w: Installing this one after you install RealVGA_11 will insure that RealVGA_11 works properly.
    http://forum.centrospot.com/showthread.php?t=170002
    OR
    http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=170002
    Update Real_VGA_800w 2.0
    http://www.4shared.com/file/69947179...GA_800w20.html

3)HHCv10Final: Install before you install HTC Home 2.1
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=375921

4)HTC Home 2.1: Its in the first file. After you unzip it on your computer you will see the CAB for HTC Home 2.1
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26883

5)HTC_Home_VGA: Once again you need to Install the other Cabs above so these work properly.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/31978950...e_VGA.html?s=1

After you install all of these in order do a soft reset with either one of these.

WkTask_1173: Great for managing your programs soft resets.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/48719131...ified=3a96a08a

SoftReset.PPC2003: Exactly what its called it’s a soft reset app that can be mapped to any hard button like the side one no one uses.
    http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show....php?p=1513941

Then you can install the other apps. As far as my Today Screen you will need…

WM 6.1 Black: this will make your Today theme black.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=364541

Glossy Black Bars: Read the link.
    http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ho...i_turns_t.html

UltimateLaunch: This is the application that will add all the cool tabs and you can customize your today screen with. Please do not ask questions on how to use it here unless its specific to some ones today screen and the way they customized UL. There’s plenty of info out there for HOW TOs on UL if you just search. So far this one is the only one that will cost any $$$.
    http://www.ultimatelaunch.de/index_en.html

Highly Recommended Apps just do a "google search" for more info to see if you like them.

zbop's Keyligh (800w Edittion) http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=173744

S2U2-1.33-VGA
    DBH Slide2UnlockPro V1[1]

dciNoBar.zip(for those who want to remove the bottom tray and even the bottom bar on the today screen):http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41241&page=2

GPSToday0991(check our WMexperts.com for this one Great app)
    Kevtris
    MWC2.2(WM6)
    Personalizer_3.1
    PMCleane.arm
    Skyfire
    Treo 800w USBupdate
    Treo800w-VoicedialOverBT
    VTap_ppc
    Youtubeplay

If you like the Vista Glossy Black today screen wallpaper or would like to try it out in other colors besides black DL the zip file from this link (the zip file should be down the page) http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...203#post471203

Feel Free to ask if you have any questions. Thanks for the complament. I want to thank all who have created and helped with the apps I use. Enjoy!
    Last edited by improve; 11/10/2008 at 06:11 PM.
    Using the real_vga.

Homescreen plus plus (free)
    cpanel (free, simple and easy)
    sbp-diary (pay)

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Once again, I have gone simple. I used to have Ultimate Launch, Resco Today plugin, SPB Diary, GPS Today, application icons, SPB Insight, and on and on. I realized that all I really used was Photo Speed Dial, PhoneAlarm, and Weatherpanel. I also realized that I used QuickMenu much more than I used the Ultimate Launch tabs. So now I've simplified my today screen and I really like it.

I have Live Search, which I can use to search or enter a URL. I can get to any of my favorite Web sites using QuickMenu. I also use a custom folder for programs in QuickMenu. I have Speed Dial, PhoneAlarm, and Weatherpanel.

My theme is Theme_PPC_Earth. My PhoneAlarm skin is 800w-light. My WeatherPanel layout is phatfinger 48+ classic.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I have seen many users who use HTC Home Plugin on their 800w with Real VGA 96di. I never completly liked how the clock never looked centered. These clock files from Empex over at XDA-DEV fit our screen better and are the ones I use on my today screen. heres the link if you like...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=395617

If you use HTC HOME find the file on your device and copy over the current files with the empex's Diamond clock files. You can choose weather you want Black or white clock.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    As far as my today screen I will list the Items you need...
    ...Feel Free to ask if you have any questions. Thanks for the complament. I want to thank all who have created and helped with the apps I use. Enjoy!
    Thanks for the details and the offer help with questions!! Will have some fun with it.
    A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money
    Here's my first crack at a WM Theme. Credit for the image can be found at http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/media/990320/index.html

I'm using the UltimateLaunch plugin with PDC and WeatherPanel loaded up and I'm using the PhatFinger theme and Stardock icons for WeatherPanel.

I've attached the theme if anyone is interested.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gksmithlcw; 11/12/2008 at 08:58 AM.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    What program did you use to create the theme? I would like to take a crack myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    What program did you use to create the theme? I would like to take a crack myself.
    The app is called ThemeGenCE. You can find it here
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    The app is called ThemeGenCE. You can find it here
    Thanks for the link. Looks like a cool app. Ill give it a try 2.

Just felt like changing it up for the Holidays.

Last edited by improve; 11/13/2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Ed Hardy Inspired
    Thanks for the link. Looks like a cool app. Ill give it a try 2.

Just felt like changing it up for the Holidays.

Love it! Great job...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Here are my attempts (click on images to get tsk files):

Bender | Boarding

Dance | Disruption

Earthmoon | Futurama

Geek | Green Balls

Patriots | Plant in Pipes
    Nice work Rhody.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thanks fro the comment reverendrhino. If you like here is the wallpaper I used. I also wanted to thank Rhody for sharing the geek file, pretty cool.

If any one is intrested in removing the bottom tray and bar on the today screen DciNoBar will take care of it. Dont worry about loosing the two hard key options for messaging, and Menu. They are still there exactly as before you just dont have to see them anymore. If you still hit the left or right hard keys on the phone the messaging and notification or menu screens still pop up. If you want a link to DL this file click on the link I posted on 11/10. Also it best if you assign the file to a the start menu just so you can execute it from time to time as it may or may not work properly with other apps. No bugs the bottom bar just comes back.

Does any one have any diffrent files for UL Icons. I have searched XDA-developers and found a few but I would like to try out something new.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Okay, I finally got motivated to sit here and mess with the settings for UL. So far, I'm loving it, but I've run into a few problems.

1) I'd like to remove my contact lookup field and place it on the Home tab. I figured it was simple enough...Menu>Preferences>Hide Lookup Field. Then add it to UL. When I add it to UL, though, it just gives me the "The plugin is already active" error message. What do I do to get rid of that and actually put the lookup field there?

2) The UL pane sometimes shifts the wallpaper, so it's not aligned with the rest of the screen. This is evident in the screenshot below.

3) How do I get the tabs on the bottom? I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

4) Is there a way to set the gestures option to return to the home tab when I do a certain gesture? I plan on having several tabs when I'm done, and in the interest of saving space, I'd like to not have the tabs visible. If I could get back to the home screen without having to cycle through the different tabs, that'd be great.

Last edited by Freak4Dell; 11/17/2008 at 08:39 PM.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Okay, I finally got motivated to sit here and mess with the settings for UL. So far, I'm loving it, but I've run into a few problems.

1) I'd like to remove my contact lookup field and place it on the Home tab. I figured it was simple enough...Menu>Preferences>Hide Lookup Field. Then add it to UL. When I add it to UL, though, it just gives me the "The plugin is already active" error message. What do I do to get rid of that and actually put the lookup field there?

2) The UL pane sometimes shifts the wallpaper, so it's not aligned with the rest of the screen. This is evident in the screenshot below.

3) How do I get the tabs on the bottom? I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

4) Is there a way to set the gestures option to return to the home tab when I do a certain gesture? I plan on having several tabs when I'm done, and in the interest of saving space, I'd like to not have the tabs visible. If I could get back to the home screen without having to cycle through the different tabs, that'd be great.

You are missing a lot of the options in UltimateLaunch because of the default dpi settings on this phone. If you install RealVGA and change the dpi it will make all the options viewable and you'll be able to set up UL the way you want. RealVGA will pretty much take care of everything you listed above, except maybe the gestures I'm not sure about that because I've never messed with those.
    Not possible, even if you "hide lookup field" it's still running. That's why it "pops up" when you start typing a name. If you unpin it or remove it in the registry then it gets pissed off and your active call screen won't work anymore.

I have this issue too, but only with Face Contact and only on my starting tab. I just go into Face Contact options and hit ok, then it reloads Face Contact with the proper background and everything is fine.
    You need RealVGA to see the option, or someone posted the registry value to change in the UltimateLaunch thread.
    Not sure about using gesture's to do it, but I have mine set to return to the home tab after a certain amount of inactivity. I'll switch tabs to do something, and usually by time I'm done doing whatever I was doing, it's back on the home tab.

I'm running UL without RealVGA and couldn't be happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    Not possible, even if you "hide lookup field" it's still running. That's why it "pops up" when you start typing a name. If you unpin it or remove it in the registry then it gets pissed off and your active call screen won't work anymore.

I think if you do the 'Hide Lookup Field' you should be able to get the look you want and have it only show when you use it. I his it the first day I got my device, and I have only seen it a handful of times in the past few years, so I think that will work nicely for your theme without trying to 'pin' it somewhere else and possibly messing something up like NAOrion mentioned (it isn't pretty if you like the Palm tweaks at all)!!!

** Everyone that uses Ultimate Launcher:

I just started using it and I realized that in the "today plugins" screen UL doesn't list "calendar" or "tasks."

I need those! Anyway to fix that?

Thanks!
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)