Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Made some changes (Real VGA, made the PhoneAlarm Treo skin blue, trying face contact, etc).

Hello,

Would you be able to share the cab files (or where you got them from) for the Gmail, CNN, Freindster, Npr...

Thanks in Advance
    Quote Originally Posted by improve View Post
    I dont know how to post my picture directly on without it being a link. Can some one tell me how to do it.
    I use PhotoBucket.com, store an image, copy the IMG Code URL to the post here and the pic will appear within the post.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmDM View Post
    Would you be able to share the cab files (or where you got them from) for the Gmail, CNN, Freindster, Npr...
    These are simply UL Buttons that are pointing to an Internet browser with parameters. I use Opera 9 (though I am beginning to play with Skyfire). I got the icons from some of the sites I mentioned earlier and some that I created (like the last one on first row that I use for TC forums). Here is what my UL config file says for these:

[IconXPButton]
    Command = "\Program Files\9.5 Beta\Opera9.exe" www.facebook.com
    Icon = \Program Files\UltimateLaunch\Icons\Set 2\facebook1.ico
    I have kept mine simple by using SPB's Mobile Shell and setting the options so that the Now screen displays when I turn on the device. Plus, when I press the start button, Mobile Shell opens.

Last edited by JohnH59; 10/02/2008 at 08:59 PM.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Come on John you gotta post more than one screen shot. Lets see what the other tabs look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Come on John you gotta post more than one screen shot. Lets see what the other tabs look like.
    here you go

Last edited by JohnH59; 10/02/2008 at 09:05 PM.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Heres mine:

Using:
    phoneAlarm 1.67
    Today Agenda
    Weather Panel

and the awesome black theme from early on in this thread by.... popcorn? I think thats his name.
    i downloaded UL and when i hear you guys talking about adjusting the tabs or parameters you guys have me lost. i must have downloaded it like 4 times thinking i cn mess around with it and then realize i am not a real geek, lol
    i used to have the touchlauncher on my 755p with the iphone icons, it was awesome except for it was on a palm phone.
    does anybody know of any other program.
    i also played around with spb mobile shell, and the only thing i didnt like is when i would hit the end button to blacken the screen i would have to hit it twice, because the first time it would go back to the original wm backdrop.
    i guess i am not as tech savy as i though.
    if anybody can help with any of this please do.
    thanks guys

p.s. when you own a palm os phone you feel like a genius untill u get a wm phone, lol
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I felt the same way about UL, it sucked. It's not the most user friendly program out there. But once you figure it out, you can't live without it and there are endless combination of configurations it can do. Once you have UL looking the way you want save the UltimateLauncher.ini file and that will backup your layout. Or create multiple styles and just reload the ini files.
    is there any way i can get someone to post their screens and then give me a brief description on what their settings are at?
    i am at a huge loss here. i want the program because it is like 7 different main screens instead of 1 with 7 sub screens.
    anybody up to the treo challenge, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I felt the same way about UL, it sucked. It's not the most user friendly program out there. But once you figure it out, you can't live without it and there are endless combination of configurations it can do.
    +1...I screwed with UL for a few weeks before I finally sat down and made myself learn it. The UL site has a tutorial, and there are some great resources on xda-developers. Just start googling and searching here, I know I posted some links somewhere.

Part of the frustration is also that the configuration screens are not optimized for 320x320 and you can't see the whole screen without RealVGA. Someone posted that the developer was thinking about fixing that, but not sure it ever happened.bRegardless, if you can get to your ini file, you can make all the changes there. A few folks have posted theirs as examples, I believe.

Just get ready to waste a day and a bunch of battery power and force yourself to learn it. You'll feel dumber after because you'll realize how easy it really is once you get the hang of it.

GL.
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    +1...I screwed with UL for a few weeks before I finally sat down and made myself learn it. The UL site has a tutorial, and there are some great resources on xda-developers. Just start googling and searching here, I know I posted some links somewhere.

Part of the frustration is also that the configuration screens are not optimized for 320x320 and you can't see the whole screen without RealVGA. Someone posted that the developer was thinking about fixing that, but not sure it ever happened.bRegardless, if you can get to your ini file, you can make all the changes there. A few folks have posted theirs as examples, I believe.

Just get ready to waste a day and a bunch of battery power and force yourself to learn it. You'll feel dumber after because you'll realize how easy it really is once you get the hang of it.

GL.
    thanks man, i will defenetly try to play with it. work is slow today and i have nothing to do for 4 hrs.
    i guess i have to download realvga as well??
    well its off to play with the treo, lol
    thanks again
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I didn't care for RealVGA, it's a hell of a program and made my today screen shine with more space but didn't care for the side effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    thanks man, i will defenetly try to play with it. work is slow today and i have nothing to do for 4 hrs.
    i guess i have to download realvga as well??
    well its off to play with the treo, lol
    thanks again
    You don't have to use RealVGA, just know that you won't be able to see the whole config screen without it....some people don't dig it. I have no issues with the side effects (i.e. never use dial pad).
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    You don't have to use RealVGA, just know that you won't be able to see the whole config screen without it....
    I took a while to jump to RealVGA, but now that i have, I love it! I like it more after I incresed my font size. No major side effects.

Also, if folks that are not switching to RealVGA, this may help you see the rest of the UL config screens: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=172332
    made a couple changes....

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    chocmatic,
    How are you finding s2u2? I keep reading that it's buggy on the 800w, but it looks so good, I'm dying to try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    chocmatic,
    How are you finding s2u2? I keep reading that it's buggy on the 800w, but it looks so good, I'm dying to try it out.
    chocmatic is using Slide to Unlock Pro, a different app. I guess it works well on the 800w, but runs a lot differently. You can only customize the wallpaper any arrow that I can see....here is the site:

http://slide2unlockpro.spaces.live.c...7559!166.entry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    chocmatic is using Slide to Unlock Pro, a different app. I guess it works well on the 800w, but runs a lot differently. You can only customize the wallpaper any arrow that I can see....here is the site:

http://slide2unlockpro.spaces.live.c...7559!166.entry

Yup, you're right. I have not had any issues with it.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Yup, you're right. I have not had any issues with it.
    Nice....
    Thanks to you and syrguy1969
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Chocmatic,
    How did you get the thin battery meter at the very top of your screen?