Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Look up a few posts, I asked the same question.

Thanks! In UL I created a link to an icon. instead of a file/program path I input the URL address. the newest version of skyfire lets you set it as your default browser when links are clicked, so it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I would like to make a favorite Web site tab. I take it you're using UL. Can you quickly explain how you linked favorites to icons and where you got the icons?
    I see you have the Sirius icon... Does it launch an app for Sirius subscribers to listen or is that just a link to their website? I have Sirius and was just wondering if this would be something useful...
    Thanks!

..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    I see you have the Sirius icon... Does it launch an app for Sirius subscribers to listen or is that just a link to their website? I have Sirius and was just wondering if this would be something useful...
    Thanks!
    That's an application, SiriusWM5, that allows a Sirius subscriber to listen.
    That's an application, SiriusWM5, that allows a Sirius subscriber to listen.
    Thanks! I'll try it when I get home!
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
    Almost done with mine, finally.....

Plugins: Ultimate Launch, Phone Alarm, Face Contact, IM+, Today Agenda, Weather Panel, and Slide 2 Unlock Pro.

-Dave

can i do the same thing you did here with ILAUNCH?.. i really like what you did with UL.. having the different tabs that take you to separete page..

this is how my screen looks like now.. . im still working on my screen.. i recently added pocketsportscenter.. i also want to get rid of the email tab on my today screen but i cant find the app icon to add it to my other icons.. get it?

update:

I downloaded UL, downloaded a whole bunch of icons... now iam having trouble setting it up.. i want to do what slopokdave did with his screen.. have tabs and the tabs direct me to different today plugins... also when i try adding a icon when i click on the icon it wont do it.. it still says no icon.. i would like to know if there is a UL tutorial type of thing and also i cant see the whole congi menu of UL in my phone.. it cuts over half way down.. how can i see the whole thing?.. sorry guys im just getting frustrated,, thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by raymir; 09/29/2008 at 11:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    I use this one...works perect. You can capture screenshots from your phone, no need to connect it to a pc

http://freewareppc.com/graphics/spbscreenshot.shtml
    Any program out there you can install and run directly from your phone? All the .exe ones I have tried say they are not valid PPC programs. I use a Mac and cant run .exe files.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Any program out there you can install and run directly from your phone? All the .exe ones I have tried say they are not valid PPC programs. I use a Mac and cant run .exe files.
    I wonder... Has anyone tried running ActiveSync and these isntallers under WINE?

.CAB installers are what you need to run from the phone. The ActiveSync installers contain those .cabs but I don't know if there is a way to extract the .cabs without running the .exes. I'd try using WINE and see what happens...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I wonder... Has anyone tried running ActiveSync and these isntallers under WINE?

.CAB installers are what you need to run from the phone. The ActiveSync installers contain those .cabs but I don't know if there is a way to extract the .cabs without running the .exes. I'd try using WINE and see what happens...
    Sorry for the rookie Q but..."What is WINE exactly?"
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Sorry for the rookie Q but..."What is WINE exactly?"
    It's an implementation of the Windows library that allows for some cross compatibility between POSIX systems (like UNIX / LINUX / Mac OS X / ETC)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    It's an implementation of the Windows library that allows for some cross compatibility between POSIX systems (like UNIX / LINUX / Mac OS X / ETC)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)
    And here's the entry for the Mac OS X version: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwine
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    And here's the entry for the Mac OS X version: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwine
    I will try this out tonight. Thanks for the info!

(then again, maybe I shouldnt be gratefull for the argument this is going to start with my wife as I spend yet another evening glued to my laptop, figuring out another piece of software! )
    I will try this out tonight. Thanks for the info!

(then again, maybe I shouldnt be gratefull for the argument this is going to start with my wife as I spend yet another evening glued to my laptop, figuring out another piece of software! )
    No problem...

...and that argument sounds oddly familiar...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    This discussion is horribly misplaced in this thread (seriously, why can't a "post your today screen" thread be tightly-moderated to only include screenshots and application lists so that it doesn't suck to read?), but hey whatever.

I'm totally on board with what the Wine guys are doing, but it's a pretty terrible thing to recommend to a Mac OS X user trying to deal with a Windows Mobile device. Pick up a copy of VMware Fusion ($43 shipped on Amazon), and you can install XP or Vista along with a native copy of ActiveSync or WMDC right inside OS X. Fusion will forward your WinMo phone's USB connection right over to your virtual XP instance. Parallels Desktop is an okay alternative, but it's just not worth recommending anymore -- VMware has really pulled away and is the only piece of virtualization software a Mac user needs.

I pretty much loathe EXE-wrapped installers, but they tend to contain CABs inside them. My standard practice is to make a folder called "!CABs-HERE" on my SD card with CABs of all the software I use so that I can just go down the list and knock them out when I hard reset my phone or get a new one or whatever. A good practice to get into with VMware and a Mac is to keep a "clean" VM of XP, and use VMware's Snapshot Manager to take a snapshot of it at a clean and up-to-date state. That way, you can run the stupid EXE installers, pluck the CABs out of them (and throw them on your SD card), and then revert your VM to its snapshot so that it's like you never ran the installer to begin with.

Anyway, good luck.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    ok Im an ***** but where do you load the tsk file to get it to show up as a choice for the theme?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    you put the file into the \windows directory on your device
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Thank you
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Made some changes (Real VGA, made the PhoneAlarm Treo skin blue, trying face contact, etc).

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Made some changes (Real VGA, made the PhoneAlarm Treo skin blue, trying face contact, etc).

Post PA skin please!
    Post PA skin please!
    Attached is a zip file that contains the revised TGA files for the Treo800 skin.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I dont know how to post my picture directly on without it being a link. Can some one tell me how to do it. Also I have been looking and cant find a version of S2U2 to work on the 800w any sugestions. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images