Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by popcorn-in-sac View Post
    Theme is based on the Ocean Effusion theme that came with the device - but turned mostly black, and featuring a dark red highlight color that I became fond of using my Treo 750v.

Custom plugins:
    Weatherbug
    TodayAgenda

Mark
    noyce! I am sure we're going to be seeing this on several 800w's.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I'm a minimalist (if you can't tell). SBSH iLauncher (paid), SBSH Pocket Weather (paid), TodayAgenda (free)... BTW, Popcorn your theme is hot.

Here you go...
    AWESOME! Thank you!

By the way, this is a real cool thread showing noobs like me what kind of sweet programs there are.
    Last edited by mbw163; 07/18/2008 at 11:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Theme is Ocean Effusion, Email is Windows Live (Hotmail) app built in, and the News and the Weather is all part of Pocket Express which is built in as well. It rotates through all the top news, and displays the current weather.

So i've never used WM before and always palm, but your icon says hotmail and 1 unread message. Can you actually keep hotmail logged and checking for mail unlike in Palm where you have to log on the web and check it. or are you paying for the premium version of hotmail.

Sorry for the questions, but i'm all new to this WM.

I'd be THRILLED if I could get my hotmail mail on my device and not have to launch the web every time (like with palm)
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    So i've never used WM before and always palm, but your icon says hotmail and 1 unread message. Can you actually keep hotmail logged and checking for mail unlike in Palm where you have to log on the web and check it. or are you paying for the premium version of hotmail.

I'd be THRILLED if I could get my hotmail mail on my device and not have to launch the web every time (like with palm)
    Yes, if you go into your programs and look for windows live icon, hit it and you can set up your hotmail account. This will keep you logged in and check for your new mail. I have the free version of hotmail too. No worries about the questions, glad to help.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    noyce! I am sure we're going to be seeing this on several 800w's.
    How did you turn the theme black?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Destined for stickiness!

Plugins:
    Picture Speed Dial
    Messaging
    Inbox
    Windows Live Search
    Maps
    VTap
    Calendar

Today Theme:
    Guava Bubbles (OEM)

Can you tell me how to remove the "text" panel speed dials? Can it be done? I only want images, and not the voicemail or 411 that comes predone.
    I think I am missing something on weatherbug. I have downloaded it (reset, deleted it and downloaded again a few times), it appears in the today options, but I cannot access the program - anywhere....it doesn't show up on the today screen and I cannot seem to open it any other way because it doesns't show up under programs. Through file explorer all I get is a text file about the program.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on getting this to work. All I'd really like is the temp on the top, but will take just being able to access the program at this point. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Yes, if you go into your programs and look for windows live icon, hit it and you can set up your hotmail account. This will keep you logged in and check for your new mail. I have the free version of hotmail too. No worries about the questions, glad to help.
    Sweet! That's my main e-mail and I always wished I could have it available like yours shows, and with WM i'll be able too. That's a HUGE bonus for me, and I guess a bonus of having the WM over the Palm OS.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouchrislitt View Post
    Can you tell me how to remove the "text" panel speed dials? Can it be done? I only want images, and not the voicemail or 411 that comes predone.
    I think it's as easy as just deleting them. I deleted the 411 button.
    Sweet! That's my main e-mail and I always wished I could have it available like yours shows, and with WM i'll be able too. That's a HUGE bonus for me, and I guess a bonus of having the WM over the Palm OS.
    That's one of the things I liked the most, I've had hotmail for a while, but was never able to really get it to work on any phone that well. It works excellent on the 800
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

I can't answer your question on Hotmail, but when I had my Treo set to automatically retrieve POP3 e-mail aprox every 30 minutes, the battery drain was enormous I went back to the manual send/receive and I now get through the day without completely draining the battery (with moderate use) before 5:00pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    I can't answer your question on Hotmail, but when I had my Treo set to automatically retrieve POP3 e-mail aprox every 30 minutes, the battery drain was enormous I went back to the manual send/receive and I now get through the day without completely draining the battery (with moderate use) before 5:00pm.
    As mentioned above, using the Windows Live program you can sync both your hotmail (windows live) email account as well as your contacts to your phone. Windows Live offers exchange like PUSH email, in that messages can be pushed to your phone as soon as they arive in your hotmail account. This push email comes from the server side and does not cause the phone to poll for messages, thus saving battery life. Alternatively Windows Live also allows you to set to only download messages when you initiate a send/receive or to poll periodically.

Works great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ouchrislitt View Post
    Menu (From Today Screen)--> Speed Dial Options--->Menu---> Delete.

I deleted the 411 but cannot seem to delete the Voicemail one.
    Theme is based on the Ocean Effusion theme that came with the device - but turned mostly black, and featuring a dark red highlight color that I became fond of using my Treo 750v.

Custom plugins:
    Weatherbug
    TodayAgenda

Mark

How did you get the red highlight color?
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
    It's coded in his theme.

In the 1st post of this thread I link to a freeware app called...wait for it...UI Tweaker, which allows you to modify your system colors.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
    The red highlight is the system highlight color. It's controlled by the theme element called "Color_Hightlight". It's the hightlight you see when you select rows of things on the today screen or in other programs. I like the fact that the hightlight color isn't the same or very close in color to the overall theme color - it makes it easier to distinguish.

There was another question about how I made the theme black, and I really just opened the theme with ThemeGenCE and used their built-in editing tools to modify the original image to a black tint and then changed the overall theme elements to a black color, updated the highlights (and two other elements) to red, and that was it.

Mark
    I use Stocks and Weather today on mine. With it it, the background pic changes however often you like, to a pic of the current weather conditions you have selected. A wonderful little app that has a animated wether icon and stocks if you want that sort of thing.

ALSO... Anyone know of ANY way to get rid of that top line on the today screen that has "Sprint" and the three icons for location, interenet sharing and bluetooth??? I know my service is Sprint. It's painted right there above it on the earpiece lol. For such a small screen it takes up way too much real-estate that could be use for, oh I don't know... something useful!
    Speaking of getting rid of things, anyway to get rid of the battery indicator? I have quickmenu's running, like it and don't need two. Thanks.

Nothing fancy here.

Classic Black Theme

Plugins:
    Today Agenda
    Weather Panel
    Google Search
    Maps
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast