Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    i am going to wait for spb to come out with the stuff they have
    Normally I am just a lurker, but at the same time I am very resourceful at researching programs, hacks, themes, etc. Due to the lack of community (as compared to the HTC products) I thought I would chime in with my current setup for those of you that need help and/or ideas. Of course my setups don't last more than a couple days before I am ready to change...

[IMG][/IMG]

Treoalerts - to view current counts for email, sms, call, and voicemail.

Phonealarm - I created a custom skin for the 800 (credit to Allrockabilly for the icons from his manila light theme). I know treoalerts and phonealarm have a some of the same functions, but this is the way I wanted it. I have attached my phonealarm skin as I noticed there are not many floating around.

PocketBreeze - In here I have my calendar, weatherpanel, egress, and bafs gps plugin (theme is also by Allrockabilly)

I hope everyone enjoys...

Lane
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ok, after much searching, tweaking, resting, HARD resetting, I finally got what I wanted. Much thanks to this thread for the help!!

I am using the following to customize:
    Quick Menu
    Real VGA (96DPI)
    HTC Home with Diamond Skin and HTC Customizer
    GPS Today
    Pocket Express
    Treo Alerts

Thanks again for all the help folks!
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    typeadam, how do you link PocketDigitalClock to a separate alarm?
    In the PDC options, in the first tab, under the "action" line, just click the "..." button and search for whatever program you want to link to. I don't use the stock alarm so I link to FizzAlarm. This way, when I tap the clock, it takes me directly to FizzAlarm.
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djnik26 View Post
    That was actually the reason I uninstalled PhoneAlarm. The counters werent really working. It would show that there was 1 unread SMS and even after I read it...the icon wouldn't be red to show that I had a new one, but the counter would still show 1.
    This is fixed in the new beta
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
    Looks really neat, I must say..!!
    and thank you so much for all the links..

One question I have for you is... Do the sms and the mail icons in PhoneAlarm work perfectly...
    I mean, does the mail map to poutlook like it should and sms map to palm threaded sms?
    Also, do they show the right counters.. So, if you have 5 text messages pending and 9 unread emails, do you actually see those numbers or just 1..?
    If you use the standard SMS app, clicking the SMS button will take you to that app. BUT, if you use poutlook for SMS, you have to go into options and edit that button to link to poutlook. The email icon will take you to poutlook w/o editing. I DO NOT use the standard SMS so I cannot confirm count, HOWEVER, w/ poutlook the SMS count is always at 1 no matter how many SMS's you have (unless you have 0, than it's 0). The explanation is here and it will hopefully be fixed once they can extract whatever info is needed from the Treo Pro. As far as the other buttons w/ counts, they work fine. To get the SMS button to link to poutlook for SMS, go into the PhoneAlarm options, click 'Extras,' from the drop-down at the very top of the screen select 'custom application links' and in the 'sms' box enter \Windows\tmail.exe -service "SMS"
    (Thanks to hannip for that tip).

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    This is fixed in the new beta
    Link please? I checked the old poutlook thread and don't see anything...
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    In the PDC options, in the first tab, under the "action" line, just click the "..." button and search for whatever program you want to link to. I don't use the stock alarm so I link to FizzAlarm. This way, when I tap the clock, it takes me directly to FizzAlarm.
    THANK YOU!!!!
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Now that's what I'm looking for. Very nice. I think I'll hard reset and try for this look. How's everything running? Smooth? Any glitches?

Quote Originally Posted by svx View Post
    Ok, after much searching, tweaking, resting, HARD resetting, I finally got what I wanted. Much thanks to this thread for the help!!

I am using the following to customize:
    Quick Menu
    Real VGA (96DPI)
    HTC Home with Diamond Skin and HTC Customizer
    GPS Today
    Pocket Express
    Treo Alerts

Thanks again for all the help folks!
    Here's the final (for now) product.

Real VGA (Thanks eBag et al)
    Cody's Personalizer
    Launcher (old program, apparently blocky in 128, fine in 96)
    Today Agenda
    WeatherPanel, PhatPhinger, Stardock animated icons
    Black WM6.1 theme found somewhere around here
    battery icon removal hack
    time/date hack
    QuickMenu battery and memory, start menu
    Last edited by AS329; 09/05/2008 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Now that's what I'm looking for. Very nice. I think I'll hard reset and try for this look. How's everything running? Smooth? Any glitches?
    So far so good. It is very simple providing just the right amount of information I need. Pocket Express scrolls at the bottom which I think is one of the coolest addons. I like the HTC screen a lot being a former Touch user. The buttons are just the right size for finger taps which comes in handy when I am driving and/or working out.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    Link please? I checked the old poutlook thread and don't see anything...
    Thanks!
    http://www.pocketmax.net/smf/index.php?topic=6635.0

Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre

Worked perfect! Now, it takes directly to sms even after closing it and the counter is working properly also.
    Finally got it looking the way I want it

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Finally got it looking the way I want it

Where did you get that theme? Post .tsk?
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    OK, so where can I get the HTC Home plugin for the 800w?

I got Real VGA set at 96 and looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by svx View Post
    So far so good. It is very simple providing just the right amount of information I need. Pocket Express scrolls at the bottom which I think is one of the coolest addons. I like the HTC screen a lot being a former Touch user. The buttons are just the right size for finger taps which comes in handy when I am driving and/or working out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Where did you get that theme? Post .tsk?
    I will post it once I get home
    Lots of great looking screens in this thread. When I first got my Palm Centro, I went hog wild and spent $100's on all kinds of cool apps as soon as I got the phone, realizing later that I really didn't use them much.

With the Treo 800w, I'm taking a different approach. I'm going to attempt to only buy something that I actually need instead of want. (Of course, that all could change on a moment's notice.)

I've tried a bunch of different Today plug ins, different screen apps and I keep coming back to the stock today screen. My only addition is my own wallpaper and the excellent Weather Panel App.

So, here is my basic, Today screen in all it's glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmer View Post
    Lots of great looking screens in this thread. When I first got my Palm Centro, I went hog wild and spent $100's on all kinds of cool apps as soon as I got the phone, realizing later that I really didn't use them much.

With the Treo 800w, I'm taking a different approach. I'm going to attempt to only buy something that I actually need instead of want. (Of course, that all could change on a moment's notice.)

I've tried a bunch of different Today plug ins, different screen apps and I keep coming back to the stock today screen. My only addition is my own wallpaper and the excellent Weather Panel App.

So, here is my basic, Today screen in all it's glory.

I love that background. Mind sharing?
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"