Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter_in_wi View Post
    1.) In the display portion of the settings, you can specify to make the plugin a fixed height.

2.) Without registry setting changes, I didn't think that you could configure anything to be "above" the Sprint bar. I just installed it and that's where it landed.

3.) It takes a LOT of tinkering but the nice part is once you have your configuration, you can backup the ini file so you don't have to go through the whole thing again. I included mine to get you started but pay attention to the folder names for the icons. They may be different.

Here is a link to a lot of icons and useful info as well http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386821
    Thanks a TON for your help! I spent a lot of time after posting figuring the whole thing out, and I've got a pretty decent setup now. However, I was using a small app called "Spacer" to get stuff stuck at the bottom, but I see now what you mean about using a fixed height. As for the Sprint bar issue, I had some weird things going on and I took care of them in the registry.

Thanks for the ideas and your INI...I'm pretty excited to get it all set up and the way I like.

Also -- do you have any problems with PhoneAlarm BluOrb and the SMS? I believe it's been well documented not to work correctly, but I was thinking perhaps you had figured something out?

All in all -- Ultimate Launch is an AMAZING application, and I'm really having some fun with it. Thanks to everyone for documenting and helping out!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by trickyice View Post
    Thanks a TON for your help! I spent a lot of time after posting figuring the whole thing out, and I've got a pretty decent setup now. However, I was using a small app called "Spacer" to get stuff stuck at the bottom, but I see now what you mean about using a fixed height. As for the Sprint bar issue, I had some weird things going on and I took care of them in the registry.

Thanks for the ideas and your INI...I'm pretty excited to get it all set up and the way I like.

Also -- do you have any problems with PhoneAlarm BluOrb and the SMS? I believe it's been well documented not to work correctly, but I was thinking perhaps you had figured something out?

All in all -- Ultimate Launch is an AMAZING application, and I'm really having some fun with it. Thanks to everyone for documenting and helping out!!!
    I have been a faithful Phone Suite user as long as I can remember but it does crazy things to my 800. I just started using PhoneAlarm. I really don't text much but it does seem to act a little weird. When I do get one, as soon as PA notifies me, the message app opens on its own. I understand that PA is always on the move about updates and fixes so I am not too worried.

Really don't miss Phone Suite anymore. Sorry SPB!
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    How do you change the default Tab in Ultimate launcher? Also I noticed that you can't scrow all the way down to the bottom in setup. For example I'm in the "Tabs" section and Delete is half visable and there is one more tab under it. Could my "Set to Default" function be hidden?

- Marsware WeatherPanel with PhatPhinger 320x320 skin
    Hi there!
    What icon pack did you use that gave you the shiny Livesearch button? Those are so sexy!
    Cheers,
    Jess

Momelettes.com - Moms are beaten and fried. These tech tips will help!
    Lifehacks, gadgets, and cool websites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    How do you change the default Tab in Ultimate launcher? Also I noticed that you can't scrow all the way down to the bottom in setup. For example I'm in the "Tabs" section and Delete is half visable and there is one more tab under it. Could my "Set to Default" function be hidden?
    What do you want to change the default tab from/to?

Hopefully UL will update to deal with 320x320. The delete is the last option down there, you're not missing anything else.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    What do you want to change the default tab from/to?

Hopefully UL will update to deal with 320x320. The delete is the last option down there, you're not missing anything else.
    I created a "Today" tab that has all my important stuff on one tab, right now it defaults to the tab that has the UL config button on it. I want it to default to the "Today" tab so when i first turn on the 8oo it goes to that tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Delete the ttf files in \Program Files\Marsware\WeatherPanel\Themes\Default\
    I could not file the ttf files. Have they been renamed?
    I created a "Today" tab that has all my important stuff on one tab, right now it defaults to the tab that has the UL config button on it. I want it to default to the "Today" tab so when i first turn on the 8oo it goes to that tab.
    Make sure on your Behavior tab in UL you don't have the "Return to start tab" box checked.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Make sure on your Behavior tab in UL you don't have the "Return to start tab" box checked.
    Removed the check from the box. So how do I have it start on my "Today" tab?
    Quote Originally Posted by kendertaunt View Post
    Hi there!
    What icon pack did you use that gave you the shiny Livesearch button? Those are so sexy!
    Cheers,
    Jess
    I can't remember where I got them but here are the zip files with the shiney icons and a few more....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I can't remember where I got them but here are the zip files with the shiney icons and a few more....
    Thank you, love this forum....

Jess
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    I went ahead with this and had issues with the date not showing completely. Did a search here and saw others with the same issue. Read the long post towards the bottom of this thread however and now have it set up to read day and date on top and time with AM/PM on the bottom....highly recommended. Had to do some guessing, but it worked out nicely.

Good luck.

Edit:

Here it is

Nice, I did the same, but still get cut off. How did you get rid of the battery Icon to the of date/time? Perhaps it is my ignorance.

Also, are you using RealVGA? I cannot get my SPRINT bar to go all the way across using it.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by svx View Post
    Nice, I did the same, but still get cut off. How did you get rid of the battery Icon to the of date/time? Perhaps it is my ignorance.

Also, are you using RealVGA? I cannot get my SPRINT bar to go all the way across using it.
    I think the key to not getting cut off is the spaces behind the date format, like "ddd dd "....

The battery icon is a regedit - I'm at work and no time, but it is on this board somewhere, search battery icon. It's an easy hack.

And I just went to Real VGA this morning and the screen shot is not in RVGA....and in RVGA I don't think the bar is going to get all the way across the screen, unless its a fix later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    I think the key to not getting cut off is the spaces behind the date format, like "ddd dd "....

The battery icon is a regedit - I'm at work and no time, but it is on this board somewhere, search battery icon. It's an easy hack.

And I just went to Real VGA this morning and the screen shot is not in RVGA....and in RVGA I don't think the bar is going to get all the way across the screen, unless its a fix later on.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info.
    {ISV-K}SVX
    "I'm On fire!!"

Radio Shack TRS-80--> Palm Pilot Professional--> TRG Pro--> Sprint Neopoint 1000--> Sprint Touchpoint 3000--> Ipaq 3650--> Ipaq 3850--> Ipaq 2215--> Treo 600--> Cingular 2125--> Cingular 8525 / HTC Hermes--> Blackberry 8800--> Samsung Blackjack i607--> Motorola Q--> Blackberry Curve 8300--> Sprint HTC Touch--> Treo 800W--> Sprint HTC Touch Pro--> Treo 800W (again)--> Palm Pre--> Treo 800W (again, again)--> Sprint HTC Hero--> Palm Pixi
    Removed the check from the box. So how do I have it start on my "Today" tab?
    It will start where you last left it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    • iLauncher (pay, does a lot of stuff)
    • Launcher (free, very basic, probably what you want)

Edit: Launcher works, but icons are big and blocky :-(

Update: UltimateLaunch is very nice and works
    With Real VGA this free Launcher program looks okay. Gave me a nice single line of icons for programs I use all the time. Now I just need to get a hold of a good Real VGA 320 theme....

This is getting close to exactly what I want....and I just noticed in previewing this that it will be 107 this weekend....anyone wanna buy a house in Arizona, or trade for one in Virginia
    Last edited by AS329; 09/03/2008 at 11:17 PM.
    OK! I think I finally got my screen to be how I want. After like 10 different setups I'm pretty sure I'm happy...
    Although the colors are subject to change

- Real VGA @ 96dpi *** http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=170002

- Wisbar 3 Advance (Start menu/bar + row of icons on the bottom) ***DL here***

- Pocket Digital Clock (linked to seperate alarm app [not built-in alarm]) ***DL here***

- PhoneAlarm with "Treo800w" skin (skin is similar to the i780 skin but replaces the A2DP icon w/ Voicemail count icon [if you use poutlook you'll have to customize the SMS icon]) ***link to DL both skins below since I don't recall the website***

- WeatherPanel w/ stock skin ***DL here***

Attached Files Attached Files
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    typeadam, how do you link PocketDigitalClock to a separate alarm?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    OK! I think I finally got my screen to be how I want. After like 10 different setups I'm pretty sure I'm happy...
    Although the colors are subject to change

- Real VGA @ 96dpi *** http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=170002

- Wisbar 3 Advance (Start menu/bar + row of icons on the bottom) ***DL here***

- Pocket Digital Clock (linked to seperate alarm app [not built-in alarm]) ***DL here***

- PhoneAlarm with "Treo800w" skin (skin is similar to the i780 skin but replaces the A2DP icon w/ Voicemail count icon [if you use poutlook you'll have to customize the SMS icon]) ***link to DL both skins below since I don't recall the website***

- WeatherPanel w/ stock skin ***DL here***

Looks really neat, I must say..!!
    and thank you so much for all the links..

One question I have for you is... Do the sms and the mail icons in PhoneAlarm work perfectly...
    I mean, does the mail map to poutlook like it should and sms map to palm threaded sms?
    Also, do they show the right counters.. So, if you have 5 text messages pending and 9 unread emails, do you actually see those numbers or just 1..?
    Quote Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
    Looks really neat, I must say..!!
    and thank you so much for all the links..

One question I have for you is... Do the sms and the mail icons in PhoneAlarm work perfectly...
    I mean, does the mail map to poutlook like it should and sms map to palm threaded sms?
    Also, do they show the right counters.. So, if you have 5 text messages pending and 9 unread emails, do you actually see those numbers or just 1..?
    That was actually the reason I uninstalled PhoneAlarm. The counters werent really working. It would show that there was 1 unread SMS and even after I read it...the icon wouldn't be red to show that I had a new one, but the counter would still show 1.